Bryan Thomas Is Jets Sack Leader!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Nov 12, 2012.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I know alot of the blame has been on the offense but this is just a joke in itself. Bryan Thomas is 33 years old and he leads the defense with 2.5 sacks??? Our pass rush looked good yesterday early on when we were able to catch Wilson but we still don't have a guy on our roster who can get 10 or more sacks a season. If you go around the league and look at all the great defensive teams like the Bears,Texans,49ers,Seahawks they all have multiple guys who consistently get to the QB everygame. Our linebacking core is to old and slow , David Harris get's alot of tackles so he is good for something but the rest of the linebacking core except for rookies needs to be replaced.This is a passing league and if you can't get to the QB consistently everyweek you really don't stand much of a chance in this league anymore.The oldest player on our defense shouldn't be leading the team in sacks with a dismall 2.5. What is the answer to this problem???When will it be answered???

2. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

defense is the least of this teams concerns. Pass rush sucks but atleast rex can generate pressure with the Drew Colemans and Ellis Lanskters of the world lol. The offense sucks so bad i dont even care whether we pressure the QB or not anymore. I just pray for touchdowns

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I've said this many times, but in the '13 draft we need to go full throttle for pass rushers and o line help.

Despite not being able to get to the QB if we had a better offense we could have won yesterday.

4. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Is it bad I just laughed out load during class?

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

There's so many holes is it worth targeting certain weaknesses or should Jets simply go BPA every round?

Seems the reason Kyle Wilson was taken in the first round is that Jets decided CB was gonna be picked no matter what. Considering what's available @ that time, the Jets actually grabbed one of the most productive CB available when looking back. It sucks in the short-run but I'm thinking BPA no matter what & minimize project players (inside the first 3 rounds) & just hope coaching staff can piece it together.

#5 ajax, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  6. LongIslandBlitz

Watching Bart Scott,Bryan Thomas and Cavin Pace chase QB's is like watching a man in a wheel chair chase a motorcycle

7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not really, our linebackers are going to lead the league in needing wheelchairs, not to mention any half decent running team goes through our D like a hot knife through butter.

Entire current New York Jets = 15 sacks
    JJ Watt = 10.5 sacks

A fucking disgrace.

8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

The defense kept us in the game for 3 quarters and clearly were gassed by the 4th. It's not even close to their fault. We should have been up 21-7 at the half, but the herp-derp crew on offense and Jeremy "muffed punt" Kerely gave the game away.

9. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

I'd rather us stay away from pass rushers in the draft, we need O linemen help, and a skilled RB, we've gone defensive in the draft for the past 2 years, let guys like Wilkerson and Coples continue to develop, as well as Demario Davis... we need to focus on getting our offense back together.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Agreed. Our D played pretty good today, but they can only handle so much. The offense was terrible and the defense was getting plenty of stops early, and applying good pressure. They got worn out by the 4th.

Our linebackers are still pretty slow and missed tackles definitely hurt us. The offense needs to step it up big time and we do need to draft OLBs next year, but besides that it should be all offense. We just haven't done all that much to build our offense. It's been ignored for a while while the defense got all the attention.

#10 Barcs, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I thought the defense looked as good as it has since 2010 yesterday until the wheels fell off the bus. Coples is starting to look comfortable out there.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gotta revamp the OL and RBs before we start worrying bout the D.

13. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

OL & RB because we won't be high enough to draft a decent QB and Geno Smith is not the answer.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Rex never cared to get a legit pass rusher, it's always been this way. Although we use to create pressure not we can barely do that, yesterday was the best i saw our pass rush in a long while and it will most likely be the only time we see it all year.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Defense is really least of our concerns. Next offseason we need almost a full purge on offense. Outside of Mangold, Dbrick, and maybe Kerley, everyone on offense is on the hot seat. We need a QB, Oline help, a complete TE, and a play maker scoring threat.

All that said, our LB crew is def lacking.
    I'm actually a little surprised we aren't seeing more 4-3 fronts. Was hopeful Karl Dunbar and some new fronts would help more with the rush. Hasn't really happened, but the D as a whole has been playing well despite the low sack counts.

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

yeah agreed. We really need Coples to develop into a viable starter. Was good to see him getting into the back field this week. Hopefully more of that to come..

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Our secondary and defensive line is big time covering up for the weakness of our linebackers, whenever our dline gets pushed by the opponents oline this year, it has been ugly in every single game this year

18. LongIslandBlitz

The defense scored the only points for us,otherwise it would have been another shutout

19. LongIslandBlitz

Our linebackers are a real problem, there only getting older

20. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

All well and good, but Rex's 3-4 needs a pass rushing LB'r. If we had that precense then Coples and Wilk would be unreal. They can't, and aren't supposed to be sackers, but if they have a beast pass rusher then they can be way more than gap controlling linemen.

And if Tanny and Rex are still calling the shots, do you trust them to find a skilled RB? I don't...