Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't even say that in jest...

2. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Guys, Rex has no choice but to stick with Sanchez. Yes, Sanchez sucks but there is no better alternative on the bench.

I blame Rex for going into this season with Tebow as the backup. I don't blame him for sticking with Sanchez when it's clearly the only choice. We've been to the playoffs with Sanchez, remember??? There is no f-in other choice!!

3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There are 2 other choices....Tebow and McElroy. Can either be better than the worst starting QB in the NFL? i don't know, but i'm ready to find out.
    btw, it was Tannebaum decision as GM to bring in Tebow, not the coach.

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

it was woody's decision not tannenbaum's

and rex is a buffoon

5. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I bet Rex sees Tebow and McElroy in practice and knows that Sanchez is all we got. Jet fans are frustrated with Sanchez's performance but taking wild chances on unproven players isn't the answer.

Once we are out of playoff contention then I say give Tebow a shot. As it is, you can't fault Rex for sticking with Sanchez. The alternatives are not great.

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Sanchez is shell shocked. No confidence. No chance that he inspires anyone around him. No one on team could have confidence in him. Doesn't Rex realize that there's a chance he MIGHT play better down the road if he sat him for a week?!???

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

This is such stupid logic. You want to keep in a guy who is slowly getting us OUT of the playoffs over two guys who may or may not suck? What happens if we're eliminated and all of a sudden, one of the two QB's goes on a tear and wins the rest of the games? How is that going to make the front office feel? How is that going to make Woody feel knowing that if we started the guy sooner, we may have been in the playoffs?

We're taking wild chances on a player that has proven over and over this season that he is failing. We're also taking wild chances trusting a guy who says we've had a great practice after getting dumped on by Miami.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

7-9 huh? yeah, ok.

we are going 5 -11 this year maybe 6 - 10.

9. scruzjets

scruzjets New Member

Who do you think we can beat?

10. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

No, it's rational. Sanchez is playing poorly but we've been to the playoffs with him. We've been to AFC championship games with him. So, he's our best shot. We sink or swim with him.

11. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

Bring Nick Saban to NY lol

12. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

We are 3-6. I think we already sunk!

13. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Did you see the post-game press conference? He has 'faith' in Sanchez. Some reporter kept asking him WHY and he just kept saying that he believed Sanchez gave them the best chance to win. This sounds to me like a purely faith based decision. When did Sanchez change his name to Jesus? This is just getting ridiculous if you cannot offer some reasonable explanation as to WHY a player give you a good chance to win.

14. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I could see that as well, but what concerns me about your statement or, more precisely, your (accurate IMHO) prediction is that Woody will want to make a "splash". Why does this lunkheads need to make a drama out of everything? That is NOT how a successful organization runs--that is how a soap opera works. I wish we could fire our owner because Woody is a fool. If only I had a spare billion to pick up the team..... :mad:

15. Tommytunes

Tommytunes Banned

Everyone keeps saying we have the best chance to win with Sanchez. What is this based on? As far as I can see it can't get any worse than 3-6 coming off a game where our offense didnt even put the points that we had on the board. Tebow is in the nfl. How much worse can he be than Sanchez?

16. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I'll beat this into the ground. Is it Rex's job to hold onto the ball for Kerley? Is it his job to protect Sanchez from the pass rush? Is it his job to decide which receiver to throw the ball to? No. 95 percent of this crap is on the GM and the scouting department.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It's Rex's job to have the team ready to compete in all phases on game day. Except for twice, he hasn't done that. This team looks undisciplined, unprepared and unable or unwilling to make the changes needed to turn this around. This is all on Rex. He's the head coach and the buck stops with him. I don't care about the two AFCCG LOSSES ok? He can't ride those losses into Canton nor can he even parlay those losses into a successful season.

What is becoming apparent is that Rex is every bit his father's son and that may be why Rex was passed over several times before Woody saw the human headline machine and hired him.

This team needs a hot water enema followed by a complete makeover organizationally.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This is the effort / product that they put out coming off a 2 week prep? This is almost kotitesque,,,.,blow it up

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

you have to be joking me? no other choice? it seems to me he has 2 other choices: Tebow and McElroy. Neither are a better alternative? how can you say that when 1) mcelroy has never started a game 2)sanchez is the 32nd ranked qb in football.

how could either guy be worse right now?
    we also missed the playoffs with sanchez in an epic collapse, remember? we are 5-11 in our last 16 games under sanchez, remeber?

continuing to trot out a guy who has been consistently the worst player in the league at the position is inexcusable. and im glad it will cost rex his job. great motivator and coordinator, but clearly cant hack it as head coach

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

in what way is it a "wild chance"? what is wild about replacing a guy who has been consistently terrible on a 3-6 team?

wild would be the saints benching drew brees after a 4-5 start in a season where brees has been excellent for some no name back up. that would be wild. replacing sanchez, thats really the only rational move.
    why wait til we are out of playoff contention? whats the point of making a change then? the only thing starting sanchez gaurantees is that in 3 weeks we will be mathematically eliminated from the playoffs