Other 3-5 teams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Thing is though, the Jets still had a chance at the end of the game, and Sanchez blew it. He badly missed on a wide open receiver running a deep sideline pass, then he fumbled on the sack.

Go back and look at that sack. Wilfolk fought off the block and beat Moore up the middle, but Sanchez HAS TO feel that pressure coming and step/scramble to the left, as the Ninkovitch was pressuring from the right as well. Even if you want to say that he couldn't have escaped the sack, he still should have tucked the ball away.

2. Jets_dk

Jets_dk New Member

Yes.......

3. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

i dont believe so...brees wouldnt have anyone to throw to...at best jets would be 4-4

4. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

WOW - this thread has opened my eyes to how Sanchez is carrying this team. Thank you so much for the insight.

5. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Brady has had Welker, Branch, and Faulk for several years. Chemistry's there. I think He'd struggle here too with what has happened in our organization. We have had too many revolving players to measure what could have been. It is what it is...we suck.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I was going to type the same thing.

7. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I'll second this. Both the Texans game and the Pats game where winnable with one or two more plays going our way. The texans ghame came down to a couple Sanchez throws and the Pats to Hill dropping that ball. Needless to say you can't blame only Sanchez or only Rex. It's a team game and the Jets have had flaws all over the palce at different times.

8. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Are you serious? Do you really believe that Drew Brees would only be able to generate 1 more win than Sanchez has thus far? If we had Brees, I sincerely think we could be 6-2 and right now, we would have won the Patriots, Texans, Steelers games. People forget how close the Steelers game was until our offense proved completely inept and the Steelers were able to grind away to a substantial lead.

9. metjetfan710

metjetfan710 New Member

Out of that list, our 3-5 record is more contingent upon our struggling QB than any of those other teams. Look at their passer ratings, Sanchez is the worst. Even Sam Bradford is having a statistically better year than Sanchez in most categories, which takes away the argument that this is all because the Jets lack talent at WR, because that group is no better than ours. Once you factor in how scared and spineless Sanchez is, it becomes clear he is the problem. With any other QB in the league minus Blaine Gabbert (Who still is even better than Sanchez statistically) and Cassell/Quinn, we are at worst a 500 team, probably 5-3.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Losing our best and only real wide receiver, and losing the one player our entire defense is designed around have had NOTHING to do with our record. IT'S ALLLLL SANCHEZ DAMIT!

11. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I won't say it's all Sanchez's fault. But honestly the loss of Holmes and Revis have not affected us as much as people pretend it has.

Kerley has filled in for Holmes very well. He is playing just as good as Holmes was, without all the pre-Madonna BS. If anything the loss of Holmes has almost been addition by subtraction. Our problems on offense are due to a porous line and having one of the 5 worst quarterbacks in the league.

Also, the loss of Revis is not the reason our D is struggling. Our pass def is still pretty good (the awfulness that is Kyle Wilson aside). Clearly our Defense's weekends is stopping the run.

12. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

68% is good, no? I understand the turn over argument, but he completed passes at a fairly high percentage that game. Sanchez played well enough to run that game. That of all games was definitely not his fault.

13. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

You do realize a great QB makes the receivers better. Brady would have success here as well. Welker and Branch are nobodies outside of NE. Look at how Welker did in MIA and Branch in Sea.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

No one is solely placing the blame on Sanchez. They are just saying if he played better, we would of won. The fumbled handoff, the missed receiver for a TD, and the fumbled sack were costly. That Hill drop was just terrible though...

15. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

This made me chuckle. Good post.

Let me see if I can figure out why each of these teams suck with five words or less.

Saints - Bounty.
    Eagles - 3 injuries to an already horrible o-line.
    Bengals - Youth
    Rams - Youth
    Bills - Youth, Fitzpatrick, horrible defensive play-calling
    Raiders - Idk. IDC.

As far as us, Sanchez is NOT at fault for this bad season. Nobody really is. This is just a mediocre team, across the board. I think our best player on offense is Hill and our best player on D is Coples.

And they're stupid rookies. Hill drops balls. Q tried to decapitate some dudes. Gets flagged. You know.

But really we just dont have impact players. That's the fault of the GM.

Sanchez does kind of suck, but YOU can't fault a man for sucking. Im sure he doesn't intentionally suck, it's just who he is. And I dont even think he sucks thattt much.

Sanchez is just the quintessential middle-of-the road QB. He won't win games for you, he won't lose them either. Give a QB like that so-so receivers and a couple so-so running backs you're going to struggle to beat good teams. Its that simple.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Not really an excuse there. They've just been bad. We see interim head coaches come in and start winning. Saints have a lot of talent, and when u have an all pro QB, you better win most of ur games.

Palmer is not the problem in Oakland, and no, he wasn't going to turn that franchise around. He's having a decent year there statistically. He's on pace to throw for 4700 yards.

Highly disagree with the Fitz-Sanchez comparison. Lets see, Fitz doesn't have his #1 WR on IR. He hasn't played games without his #1 or #2 WR. He has a TE that has played all games. He has an OL that has played better. He has a RB tandem that might be the best in the NFL. His RBs can run when they need to, and can catch when they are thrown to. All this, yet both the QBs have identical record and stats.

17. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

To be fair, I dont think it was just the coaches that screwed New Orleans. I think it was more the suspensions to an already suspect defense, and (Im just speculating here) but Sean Payton is one of the most hands on coaches in the league. He's an alpha-male, no question. That personality type isn't really conducive with training underlings and delegating.

I actually think Carson Palmer is a downgrade from Jason Campbell, the way he was playing last season. What ever happened to him, btw? You could talk me into giving Campbell a run at QB here. I always thought he was underrated, he had like ten different coordinators in DC.

While I agree that the comparison between Fitz and Sanchez is a reach, I think you're overrating the Bills offense. Stevie Johnson really isn't big shit, and then it's all downhill after that.

And Jackson is NOT a top ten back, he went from being the most underrated guy in the league to the most overrated guy in the league in one half of a season. Spillers good, but not Shady McCoy/Ray Rice/Arian Foster good. Scatbacks are just in right now, and Spillers got that kind of seed.

Watching Bush and Spiller and CJ2K and Charles all have huge years, it really makes me wonder why we don't give McKnight any burn at RB. He has that kind of speed, and Shonn Greene isn't scaring anybody. Not saying McKnight = Chris Johnson, but the offense desperately needs a spark. We could use a homerun hitter out there, if for nothing else than to just give opposing defenses something to think about.

18. thewire

thewire New Member

Buffalo almost make it