Cromartie says the Jets will make the Playoffs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DimsAllmighty, Nov 8, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The guy is an athlete, he's not a journalist. A lot of these guys have big ego's and small brains. If you ask the right question you're going to get the juicy answer.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This team's going nowhere.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Honestly, would he say, "we suck we aren't going to the playoffs"? If this team had the game to back up it's "swagger" :sad:

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

But the whole league is like that, and the New York Jets are the only ones that are making guarantees, bold statements, proclamations, etc.etc.etc. on a on a consistent or constant basis...

Also, when Rex says "I want everyone to think (say) this..." like he did right afterwards, it leads them into this stupid B.S.

How about saying STFU and play football better to his players, and not encouraging them to spout this crap.

Bill Belichick would be more likely to sit Cromartie for comments like that than he would to come right out encouraging it!!

5. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

We will see........

[YOUTUBE]HoMLl9WYqgY[/YOUTUBE]

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here's two players from other teams guaranteeing superbowl this year. Can you find another Jet guaranteeing anything this year?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...arantees-super-bowl-win-for-carolina-panthers
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...shing-says-houston-texans-will-win-super-bowl

Point being, it's not just the Jets.

7. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

playoffs not gonna happen - I think an epic collapse and the removal of mark sanchez is more likely :(

and trust me - it does not please me to say that .

IBLEEDGREEN

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is how I'm looking at it as well. There was a thread a few days before the Miami game about how the Jets needed to go 2-1 in their next 3. Well they still have a shot at that. Would it have been much easier if we beat Miami, yeah. But 2-1 is an outside shot.

9. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

Cro should just focus on being a good CB and help the team. No predictions please.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree here. I am a Cro fan, but that means i am a fan of his play on the field, not everything he says, like this statement.

They should be focusing on the season one game at a time. Why talk about anything other than Seattle? I think Cro overstepped it.

11. BleednGreen247

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm perfectly fine with our players being confident. Rex had better be giving them hell this week in preparation. This is the biggest game of the season thus far. Do or die. If we win, it's a whole new year. We came back from 4-6 in 2009, it's not at all unrealistic with the schedule we have.

#32 Barcs, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. Greeny

Greeny New Member

Enough with this bullshit already.

Someone should tell this guy he's 3-5.

Who wants to hear this shit from a guy who's on a 3-5 team?

I'm sorry but this shit just kills me. This team has talked out their ass for years and has yet to back it up once. When's the last time we won this div? But he wants to guarantee making the playoffs? I wonder where he gets it from? This teams has no fuckin discipline at all. And it starts and ends with Rex. I never want my coach talking shit. It will ALWAYS come back to bite you in the ass. And we wonder why were a fuckin joke around the league. I'm sure FA's will being lining up at the end of the year to catch passes from Sancheeze and get coached up by Rex.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Patriots are a bad example. Look at the Steelers more. The Patriots have missed on a lot of draft picks recently but have a guy wearing #12 that keeps them consistent. You wonder why they haven't won a SB recently, look at the draft. You want to know why they consistently make the playoffs and have shots at the SB, look at #12.

If you ask a question to Cro you'll probably get a juicy answer haha

Me too. So he believes they'll make the playoffs, oh man I wish he a defeatist attitude? Like Devito said, 6-2 isn't impossible.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Who cares about the talk? People take it personally. Don't read the news if you don't want to hear it. Guess what? Remember 2010? The year we talked more shit than any other year and had the best record? If anything we should talk more shit if that indicates anything.

And he'd be a moron for doing that because it could cost his team the game. Remember the 2010 playoffs where he benched Welker early on because he made a foot joke about Rex? That was moronic, and had he been in, who knows, they get an early lead and it's a completely different ballgame. Obviously you can't tell one way or another, but benching your best player at a certain position is stupid, especially in a playoff game. BB is over rated. You always put your best team on the field to win games... unless they have legal issues or commit a crime or something like that. But answering a question posed by a reporter about making the playoffs? I guess you'd be happier if he said no.

#35 Barcs, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No what " THEY " should say is " we r trying to beat the Seahawks", or we are trying to win a game and that Seattle has a pretty good team " then fans like me would be happy !
    Maybe fans like you enjoy all the talk but where I come from you do your talking on the field! Talking is all fine and good when you can back it up on Sundays , this team has talked a great game but sadly has not played too many !

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well said.

you talk AFTER you get there.

to barcs, you dont too often hear about people talking out of turn in new england. it is that way because they know there are consequences to their actions. so they tend to control themselves.

sometimes you have to stand your ground and do things the right way so that your values are taken up by the team... for YEARS. it seems to have worked pretty well for him, he does win the division every fucking year and has himself a couple of superbowls to go with it.

we on the other hand have won no division championships recently and no superbowls.

18. metjetfan710

metjetfan710 New Member

Can't go a single week without seeing a Jets players' name popup on the ticker of my fantasy football app. Been extremely difficult being associated with all the stupid shit coming out of their mouths this year. Is it possible to make the playoffs? Sure, so is it for other mediocre (AT BEST) teams like the Colts and Chargers.

What I will say is say is Sunday should be very ugly. Seahawks are a solid all around team and Lynch will run wild, assuming he plays. Won't be a good start to Cro's prediction and it will just be another prime example of this team/coaching staff failing to walk the walk.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Did you ever think that not he thinking? Rex let his players speak there minds, so when there speaking there minds when there winning and people like u don't say anything then. Then don't say a damn thing when there losing and speaking there minds. I'm a high school football HC and I would rather have players tell me what Cro said then go out and bust there ass trying to get it done. Then somebody saying what you said.

#39 #1 Jets Fan, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
  20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I agree to a point. Look at Gronk and Hernandez. Both draft picks.

Gronk - 2nd round 42nd pick
    Hernandez - 4th round 113th pick

Of course teams are going to have hit or misses, but we have more misses than hits with Tanny at the helm