2012 Week 10 - New York Jets @ Seattle Seahawks Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Same thing with the Raiders. It just seemed the Jets were always visiting those guys in the regular season instead of home games moving back & forth. Not sure how the league does scheduling but I've seen enough to believe NFL really don't care about balancing home/away games between non-divisional teams (across multiple seasons).

2. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

The Seahawks secondary is better than the 49ers and I really don't consider it that close. The 49ers do have a better front seven at the moment, but that young LB corps of the Seahawks is impressively well coached. Bruce Irvin has a gear motor and I really am rooting for him (obviously not against the Jets) + Clemons is a pretty damn good pass rusher too. I think their defense incredible potential.

With that said, we have to establish the run early and work Downfield with the PA. On defense, WE MUST STOP MARSHAWN LYNCH. If he gets going, it's going to be a long day.

3. hawker84

hawker84 New Member

sorry Barc, must have misunderstood the last sentence in your original post... we have guys on our board that's calling for a blowout as well, it's all good, i think it's great die hard fans are pumped up about their team... i like to be a little more realistic, we just haven't performed well enough on both sides of the ball to be considered legit yet, so it doensn't really bother me when other fans don't take our O and Rookie QB serious.. you guys will see he's pretty good.. they'll find out our D backs are no joke, and our front seven isn't so bad either.. just hope we can put it all together sunday and get the win

#163 hawker84, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. FlightBoys

FlightBoys Member

If we win, we have the Rams ( gotta win ), and Pats thanksgiving which could be the deciding game this season.... if we lose Sunday, we are screwed. As bad as Sunday has the potential to be with Seattle's home success, it cant be worse than 08' vs the Seahawks.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

08 vs Seattle was absolutely disgusting. Sickening performance on offense, against a crappy 4-12 Seattle team with Holmgren on his way out. Ridiculous thing is they actually topped that the next week vs Miami at home with an even more ludicrous performance. Ain't easy bein green.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

How about this, WE GOT TO STOP HIM FROM PUTTING THE TEAM ON HIS BACK DOOOOO!

7. brok3000

brok3000 New Member

At least I've got just a ferry ride to Seattle to watch them lose. Maybe we should all get together to cry in our beers.

8. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The switched it up a couple of years back to accomodate eastern teams making western swings.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Beginning either last year or the year before the NFL started changing the format of the schedule. Originally the Seahawks and 49ers were supposed to come to East Rutherford and the Jets were supposed to go to Arizona and St. Louis. They deemed that an unfair advantage and so now you have one major WC trip and one minor WC trip. We'll see this happen again in 2014 with the AFC West. For instance, you won't have the Jets going to both Oakland and San Diego and host Kansas City and Denver. It will be one and one. More likely than not since San Diego is out here almost every year now, the Jets will travel to San Diego, host Oakland and Denver/Kansas City is a toss up. Hopefully Denver comes here so we can see Manning in person one last time.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm curious. Why are people saying the Seahawks have a better secondary when they give up more passing TDs and yards? They have a few more picks, sure, but that's not all that matters when looking at the production of a secondary. Maybe they have better corners, but a better secondary as a whole, I don't think so.

11. LegionOfBoom

LegionOfBoom New Member

You must of missed the part where I said SF has a better front seven... a good front seven is the best friend of a secondary. I said SEA has more talent in the secondary, but our front isn't as good as SF so our secondary doesn't get quite as much production.

Our game at SF was 13-6, how was your game against them? Obviously the transitive property rarely holds any merit, but I think that game is at least a decent indicator that our defense is pretty good and not that far off from SF.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's true, pass rush can definitely help your secondary thrive, but it doesn't mean the secondary IS better. Who knows? Really it's anybody's game. Any given Sunday. It's funny how we destroy the Bills, who beat the Raiders, who beat the Steelers, who beat us. Then we destroy the Colts, who beat Green Bay and the Dolphins, but lose to the Dolphins. It's weird league this year.

13. kerley11

kerley11 Member

What do you all think about the possibility of Lynch not playing? He didn't practice yesterday or today, and the hawks have a bye week next week. Obviously that would be HUGE for the jets, do you think there's any chance they hold him out until after the bye?

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

There secondary is a matchup nightmare for us. They are the biggest secondary in the NFL. Kam Chancellor is huge (6'3 230), Browner is the biggest corner in the NFL at 6'4 and Sherman is 6'3. They specialize in jamming the receiver and disrupting them at the LOS.

Our receivers? Yeah, they cant get off press coverage for shit. Hill is a rookie and has struggled doing so thus far and Kerley is small and will be overpowered. When Keller is played against with physical D, he has a hard time making an impact.

Add in their very good pass rush, and our passing game is bound to struggle.

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

This. :up:

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I would say I agree with you, but, your post makes too much sense.

Although, I do think Hill can get separation in this game. He has gotten better and better with routes. Kerley, I feel, will be open. He has really transformed into an awesome slot receiver. I don't think we are in as much trouble as some people think. If Greene shows up, we can win this game. If McKnight is healthy, that could also help us a ton. Give him the ball a bunch and hit him on short throws and we can develop some good drives.

Then again, this is the Jets. Our reasoning makes too much sense for it to actually happen

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I was comparing the Seahawks secondary to San Fran's. Yeah no doubt it's a tough matchup for us, but likewise our secondary is a very tough matchup for them. No question both passing games will have a tough time. I am more worried about Lynch in this than anything else. If he doesn't play it will be a gift from the football gods. Key to this game: establish the run game with Greene, stop the run game. Both passing games will have to work hard. I know Cromartie can handle Tate or Rice.

18. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Gettin' hype!

19. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Hopefully the jets reward you for your trip

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I screwed this girl who screwed this guy who screwed this girl who screwed this guy who screwed Scarlett Johansen so obviously I shall be screwing Scarlett Johanson. Oh wait..

I hate that who beat who logic. It's bs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.