2 Jet blurbs on Pro FB Talk....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...locked-out-of-locker-room-after-game/related/

Rex Ryan says the Jets are “not even close”

Jets coach Rex Ryan usually starts each year bounding with optimism that his team will win the Super Bowl. This year Ryan tempered that optimism before the season, and at the halfway point he’s sounding even less confident that he has his team in the right place.

But Ryan is still saying that he’s enthusiastic about getting the second half of the season underway.

“I can’t tell you how excited I am,” Ryan said on Monday, via Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I know we’re not where we want to be. We’re not even close. We’re not sniffing the playoffs. We’re not sniffing anything right now. But I want to get there. I’m excited about the prospects in front of us.”

Ryan said changes are coming on the 3-5 Jets over the second half of the season, although he declined to say what those changes will be.

“We will be doing some different things. I don’t want to get into the specifics of it,” Ryan said. “If there’s an advantage to be gained, then I want to gain that advantage without letting our opponent know. I’m excited about trying to implement some of these things.”

Whatever those changes are, they’d have to be significant to make the Jets — who are currently two games behind in both the AFC East and the AFC wild card race — into a place where they can sniff the playoffs.

Jets don’t anticipate changing quarterbacks

With embattled Eagles coach Andy Reid giving quarterback Mike Vick a clear, non-week-to-week commitment as the starter, an obvious question arises when it relates to the New York Jets.

Why haven’t they done the same with Mark Sanchez?

Sources close to Sanchez believe that the quarterback’s recent contract extension means that Sanchez will be with the team, and in turn be the starter, through 2013 at a minimum. The Jets, we’re told, are somewhat less unequivocal.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the situation, the Jets don’t anticipate benching Sanchez this season. Still, changes to the starting lineup at quarterback and any other position would ultimately be coach Rex Ryan’s decision. If he determines it’s in the best interests of the team to make a change, then he will.

That said, we continue to believe that if a change is going to be made to Tim Tebow, it needs to happen now. If the Jets wait until they add a sixth or seventh loss and if Tebow at that point gets the nod and turns things around, the obvious question will be why the Jets didn’t pull the trigger sooner.

Thus, while Sanchez hasn’t received the same kind of commitment publicly or privately that Vick has obtained, Sanchez’s status could as a practical matter be more secure, since few believe that Reid will stick with Vick if the Eagles lose tonight at New Orleans and then on Sunday against the Cowboys.

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I hope there are some changes, but then again Rex did say they had huge top secret plans for Tebow all through pre-season...

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The definition of insanity is doing something that doesn't work over and over again and expecting different results re: the QB position.

Dumpster fire.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

2 yards up the middle.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah I'll believe these changes once I see them on the field

6. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

He is just saying this to give some hope to the fans. But then we will see the same shit and get our asses wipped again.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I trust this coaching staff. Hopefully our players aren't little bitches and quit at 3-5.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Just white noise.

The next offensive drive will start with Sanchez handing off to Greeneforthree. What else can we do?

9. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I love Rex as a defensive strategist, but as an offensive talent evaluator, he's no Bill Walsh.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I hope it starts with getting as many of their athletes into big play situations as possible and throwing more of a change up for the offense is concerned. We need it.

11. Combustible Rextible

I hope one of the different things is to stop getting punts blocked.

12. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

3 yards is generous, not against Seattle. Sanchez handing off to Greene for no gain sounds better.

13. The Swamp

The Swamp New Member

Sounds like it has happened more than once by those words. It hasn't.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It happened twice, plus we had a field goal blocked. When Malone got blocked against the phins, I was thinking, "Hey! Tebow finally got a touchdown!"

Special teams need to get better aside from McKnight. McKnight has looked great in returning, but blocking on punt returns has been weak, and protection has been weak in both. Malone has been pretty decent, though, can't deny that and Folk has been perfect aside from the block, which wasn't really his fault.