Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the Jets FO has done a shit job developing Sanchez and i think its taking its toll mentally on him.

hes not Elite in the sense he can overcome these things. plain and simple.

I think Tannenbaum has to go. hes a numbers guy with enough balls to make moves. but he is by no means a "football guy"

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He looked fine last night.

If Sanchez ever completed 18 of 20 passes, I think I'd faint.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fine, but not elite. Let's see how he does next game. They were definitely playing for their coach's job last night. I remember when Sanchez hit like 10 in a row against the Bears - that was the only time I recall where he caught like legitimate fire haha - granted we lost from an INT from him, but he played hella good that day.

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mark Sanchez.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Sanchez = god

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we dont need elite to improve dramatically from sanchez. we just need average. rivers would be an enormous improvement, as would about half the league

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I really would like to know the full Braylon story. Considering the way this Tebow thing is being handled it wouldn't surprise me if that was a Woody Johnson special.

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

That's a load of crap. Sanchez is the ONLY thing wrong? Whatever you're smoking pass it this way. Our run game sucked against the phins. The oline is ranked #17th (unofficially) in pass protection, and receiver drops have cost us games. The line would be ranked much much lower without playing the Mathisless Colts and Bunk ass Bills games. Those are pretty much the only games our oline handled business. Against the Pats they were okay, average at best. They suck against strong / above average D lines. Just watch the various games, it's obvious. Missing our 2 best play makers has just a little something to do with it as well. Blaming it squarely on Sanchez just shows football isn't something you should talk about. We have 11 players on the field at a time all trying to execute a play. Sanchez is playing with new receivers again this year and has no go to guy.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is a great post and sums Sanchez up perfectly.

I knew there was something about him missing from his first 2 years that I couldn't put my finger on. It was weird because he played a lot of terrible games his rookie year but I find myself knowing there was something different/better about him and that's it - he doesn't improvise anymore.

After his first year, I had thought he'd be the type of QB that would improvise and make something out of nothing, even if it meant mistakes along the way. I thought he'd be a gambler and a gunslinger cut out of the Favre/Roethlisberger etc. mold.

Somewhere along the way, he lost that. He runs the play exactly how its designed no matter WHAT. He no longer scrambles or makes anything happen out the pocket, takes no more chances, I can't tell if he's scared or if he doesn't give a shit!!

10. NewYorkEveryThing

I think we all need to just let this go and give sanchez this season to bounce back...If not.. Go another route next season.. T.T. is not the answer here in NY..People here want and deserve a better option.. So let's wait it out and if sanchez doesn't bounce back ..Then I am sure he will not stay.. T.T. is kind the same as sanchez in that both are good manager's that need solid defenses and some talent on offense to win games...They are not gonna throw the ball when there is no running game to win..That is why T.T. is not gonna start because his pure desire to play will win some games.But not against the pats...You need to be able to throw against the pats and T.T. will not be able to do that....

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Boo hoo. That's when he, as one of the highest paid athletes in the NFL, tries to make something out of nothing like most 4th year QB's would do.

Injuries happen to every team, yet most of them deal with it. Missing Holmes and Revis hurt, sure. But, in every game we lost without those two, any competent QB would have had us winning that game. Any single one. The Texans game, we would have won without the redzone INT. The Pats game, we would have won without the redzone INT and the end of game turnover. Losing those two has not been NEARLY as bad as people expect.

Sanchez has been given a new group of receivers to develop chemistry with. Sanchez has been dealt a bad hand, sure, but NOWHERE near as bad as some of you are predicting. As a 4th year QB, he should be able to adapt to the pressure. He has not. Yet, people are still mollycoddling him. It's simply ridiculous and a little bit sad.

Our run game has steadily improved. I suppose you want to go pack to sub 100 yard rushing games.

Our receivers have to make acrobatic catches to catch some of Sanchez's basketball passes. That limits YAC.

Our O-line is adequate at giving Sanchez time before he makes a stupid decision. He doesn't even scramble anymore when a play is broken.

Why is he making dumb ass mistakes at year 4, week 8? He has little football IQ.

#1591 ArmandJ, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  12. 101GangGreen101

Oh I never said I wouldn't take Rivers, I love his personality. If Norv and Rivers could come here as a packaged deal. I wouldn't hesitate one bit

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

There are some really stupid posts in this thread.

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

LOL at taking Norv as a packaged deal with Rivers. HAHAHAHAHA This fan base makes me laugh, sometimes.

15. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

agree... i cant fathom how people can even entertain the thought that sanchez is better then rivers, better then flacco, or just needs more time.

16. 101GangGreen101

So you wouldn't have Norv as an OC? Not a HC. He's easily one of the better play-callers in the league. The offense that he runs has plenty of credibility. Think Wade Phillips. I would think twice here.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff on the tradeoff between sacks and risking turnovers. Last year Sanchez was taking a higher ratio of sacks to Qb hits than the average for the league. So if you tell a Qb like Sanchez to stop getting so many sacks, what happens? Well, something else is affected. Maybe that throw to avoid a sack ends up being an interception. Maybe a rushed throw is off target even if not intercepted.

The common denominator in Sanchez's problems is he takes too long to make a positive decision. He takes too long to make a play that achieves something positive. I think the reason is obvious. It all starts with him taking too long and having too much trouble reading what the pass D is doing to defend the play.

In year four that's the key. He is too slow at reading defenses.

18. 101GangGreen101

Right now, I have to take Thomas's hands over Hill's. No knock on Hill, I like Stephen, but he's got some fundamental flaws that need some major fixing. It's no coincidence once Thomas started getting more reps he would be more productive. It's not fair to compare Thomas to Hill right now. This might have to be on the back-burner for a year.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Ask Eli Manning the same thing. His year 4 was well below average (rated 26th in the league) and he still makes boneheaded mistakes to this day. You might want to check with Alex Smith as well, he's probably more similar. Many QBs struggle in their early years, for Sanchez it's a double whammy because he loses chemistry guys every year and we focus much more on building the defense than the offense, especially since Rex & Sanchez arrived.

Again, I'm not saying he's great, I'm saying he's not nearly as bad as most people are suggesting and the stats are lower than they should be because of other issues. He's a winner and he's done it many times. Most teams wouldn't do squat after losing their 2 best players.

You can quote what ifs all day long but every single game has those what if moments. What if Hill catches that EASY pass at the end of the Pats game? What if Cromartie makes that interception on Brady (terrible throw)? Sure Sanchez contributed, but solely blaming him is just dumb. 11 players effect each play. It's not just Mark Sanchez and a bunch of drones.

Our offense should be BUILT AROUND SANCHEZ, not built in spite of him to survive with the defense. Sanchez is great when he has good protection. It's clear as day. The plays when he has that extra second or 2, he almost always make the play. When he's under pressure and gets hit often, he struggles. Simple facts right there. He's soft, and quite often one solid hit takes him out of the game. The FO should know this and get him a good line to work with instead of letting all of our offensive talent fall off the face of the earth the last 2 years. It's not even just the line either. They need to build the team to work WITH Sanchez or trade him and risk picking up another rookie QB with promise and actually develop the guy with young receivers that will play with him for years to come. They've done a very poor job developing Sanchez and team chemistry. I'd bet our turnover of personnel is one of the highest in the league in the past 5-6 years.

#1599 Barcs, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No capital "G"?

Maybe you should ask the moderators to start your own little "Sanchez Fan Boy" sub-forum. You and the other two or three Sanchez worshipers can hang out and slobber over your fave QB.

Post how well he's progressing. Share your favorite pictures of dreamboat Mark.
    Talk about what a bitch Eva Longoria is.

It'll be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.