Chandler Jones

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by wewantsapp, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dex13

dex13 New Member

thats like saying the Ravens running game is no good, if Rice goes down, they can't run the ball. There are never qualified backups who can replace a DT of Wilfork's caliber.

2. PatsTroll

PatsTroll Member

patriots are the number 1 team against the run, averaging 3.8 ypc. so this notion that the patriots D sucks is not entirely accurate. they only suck against the pass.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Reminds me of the Asomugha led Raiders defenses from a couple years ago. Best pass defense because teams could run all over them.

4. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Similar to saying the Jets defense was good last year when something like only 7 teams allowed more points. And before you blame turnovers you have to adjust for all 32 teams, not just NYJ because its convenient to do so.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

you can quote the run defense ranking all you want but I have seen him get erased from playside multiple times.

im not knocking him im just saying I dont view him as a complete player yet.

hes got plenty of upside and if i were a Pats fan id be happy to have him.

im just saying if he does have one weakness or room for improvement its definitely defending the run

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think their pass defense is so horrendous theres very little need to run. combined with the high octane offense people have to pass on them.

I dont think their run defense is top 5 good, but that front 7 is lightyears better than what it was last year and definitely gives Pats fans a reason to cheer up about that swiss cheese they fielded last year.

I do like the young core theyve invested in. and yeah Ninkovich is underrated, now that he doesnt have to play in space he can do his thing.

I do however feel alot of what they do is all predicated on Wilforks dominance. thats gonna be a hard replacement to make once the time comes.

but Spikes , Mayo, and Hightower. thats a great trio to build around

7. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

The Patriots run D is very good. On a per carry basis they are one of the best in the league. Their secondary is awful, but run D is not at all a weakness for them. They have only given up 1 20+ yard run. It isn't a situation where a lower number of carries is causing their overall YPG to be low, since 10 teams face less Att/G. They just have a really good run D.
    An argument could be made that because of their system they emphasize run stopping which sometimes leaves their weak corners with no safety help, or LB underneath.