Suggestions for Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BJXX, Oct 29, 2012.

1. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Serious suggestions only! No QB comments or this thread will get moved.

The Jets have hired you to study and make recommendations to the Jets coaches. You have the players you have, your QB will remain the same, you want to win THIS season....what do you do? How do you approach the rest of the season?

My opening suggestion is to go double tight end on offense.

What personnel changes (except QB)?
    What offensive personnel and scheme changes?
    What defensive personnel and scheme changes?
    Etc..

2. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

You have to find a brusing RB and game plan the line to run the ball...

3. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

Serious post from a dolphins fan: your #1 priority should be to fire Sparano. He brings absolutely zero creativity and zero ability to adjust. We suffered years under this meathead. replacing him with anybody will win you 2 more games this season.

4. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

If Shonn Greene doesn't qualify as a bruiser, what does he bring to the team? He certainly doesn't have speed, agility, vision, quickness or burst.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

There'd be nothing I could suggest to him. This is a poorly put together and rapidly aging roster and almost beating the Patriots and Texans shouldn't have done anything to change people's perceptions about this team.

We don't have much of a shot this season and probably next too. This team needs to get younger.

#5 ace_o_spades, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. BJXX

BJXX New Member

That's a fair suggestion and obviously the Miami defense know our offense better than we did. However, I know nothing about his time in Miami. What did he do wrong? What did he overlook?

7. BJXX

BJXX New Member

I tend to agree that Texans and Patriots games raised expectations too high. People forget that we could be 2-6 right now (i.e. the 1st Miami game).

8. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He's a run first and play it close type coach. He doesnt like to take chances or go for the kill type guy. Very predictable!

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If you're down by any amount, run the no huddle. It's absolutely insulting to me as a fan when guys are playing grab-ass in the huddle down by more than 2 touchdowns. Show some urgency!

Be more aggressive. When you are playing against top competition, employ fake punts and aggressiveness on 4th down. Don't let them get the ball. That's what we did against the Pats.

On defense, get some pressure to the QB. I can't remember the last time anyone on the other team was sacked. It seems as though we almost get there and hope that he overthrows the receiver that is 40 yards ahead of Kyle Wilson.

10. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

We could also be 5-3, what is your point?

11. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I wouldn't class Greene as a bruiser, he is too easily injured and disappears sometimes during the game. A bruiser is the sort of RB who is there all the while pounding away - after all we are supposed to be a ground 'n' pound team.

12. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

what he said. If Sparano had the old Baltimore Ravens teams, he could win. he can't adapt to lesser talent. He's so conservative, that your gameplan has to go perfectly vs a better team to win. and lastly, he's AWFUL at developing players, especially QBs.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Change the locks...

Turn this bye week into a bye-bye week.

#13 Acad23, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  14. BJXX

BJXX New Member

You know my point.

15. MURDR

MURDR Banned

My SERIOUS suggestion is a new QB. Don't like that I'm not coddling to your "chosen one"? Too bad, he sucks.

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Start Tebow one week to add some life, this team is dead in the water....

17. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Agree with all your suggestions, but you really nailed it about the lack of a pass rush or blitz. This is essential, not every play, but it has to be there for
    key 3rd downs and big plays, and it's not.

18. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Here's what I would do.

Can Steven Jackson be a good 1/2 year rental? What other RBs are out there can are worth looking into - game changing type. But not worth shipping out the farm of picks for a possible WC spot and 1 & done scenario.

Can we get OL help this deep in the season? Did Jeff Otah get his mediacal issue fixed? Bring back Hartsock?

Lets get Hayden Smith up to speed asap. Cumberland, Keller, Reuland, Smith, and Tebow should be focusing on perfecting their TE position skills.

WR Core - Bring back Jason Hill. Hillx2, Kerley, Shilens, Gates. Bring in Plax and offer him a 1/2 year's salary to STFU and catch the ball. One gossip worthy quote and back to the scrap heap you go.

Playcalling:More of what Sparano is not doing.
    No huddle/bunch huddle/hurry up offense on 50% of the plays.
    1 Flea Flicker all year (Buffalo) - this should be a threat with Tebow in as RB every time.
    Max protect for Nacho throwing the ball and having him throw more over 50% of snaps.
    3 TE sets.
    Incorporate T-Wing Running/power plays - no QB or Tebow with 8 OLinemen and TE's - lets see if it can be stopped.

I do like that Sporano is taking more shots down the field but the lack of protection isn't allowing the plays to develop and the pocket collapses too fast.

19. BJXX

BJXX New Member

See BOLD above.
    Another great point, but he is not alone in this. The problem I have seen with the few coaches I have followed is that they all want to be X & O's guys and draw up schemes, etc.., but they forget to male their players better. They seem to assume that since the players are pros, they are as good as they are going to get.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fantasy football at it's best.

This team needs a high colonic.