Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It is going to hilarious when Keyshawn Johnson tries to say none of this is Sanchez fault on Monday Night Countdown, he is part of the problem. MEshawn is going to blame Tebow for what ever reason for Sanchez's struggles. Still, even if Tebow wasn't here and Drew Stanton was here, people were going to chant for Stanton or Mcelroy. Sanchez has been erratic, and same can be said for Tebow in his brief NFL carrer.

2. TheGreenCantona

You have just forgot how horrible Sanchez was and how often he was bailed out by the defence.
    He was just as inaccurate and made bonehead decisions, and in the end the team found a way to win in a close and ugly way.

3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

He's got to go. Unless the d is bailing him out consistently he will never win on a regular basis. I so badly wanted him to be the guy, but he just isn't.

There are other qbs that are on shitty teams that can bring the team up and make the guys around them better. Sanchez just isn't that guy.

I'm rooting for 3-13 and a good draft.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

4. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

If Sanchez gets threeplus years to prove himself, id give tebow a few games too. Why not?

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Now that we have seen Sanchez with Keller against a Miami team ranked 5th in completion percentage against, with 56.5% of the passes being completed against them, do you still think Keller is the difference? Miami isn't even a very good pass D, but with respect to this particular stat they are top 5.

Could it be that I was onto something when I said that Sanchez has a worse completion percentage when he goes against teams ranked highly in completion percentage against?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Might as well put McElroy in now. The Jets don't even have a 2nd string quality QB to fall back on. Sanchez is done for the Jets and Tebow just sucks at the QB position. We have 3 third-string quality QBs on our roster. This is pathetic.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If I think I'm in the thread I'm in, you probably go backwards to every Monday/Sunday night and find posts that McElroy or Tebow will make the team better. I just don't see that. I see this team not being talented enough, and Tebow/McElroy not being elite talents in their careers right now like Rodgers/Brady/Mannings that cane make up for lack of talent and problems outside the QB position. We put them in, I don't see enough of a chance, and I see this whole team being blown up. That's why I want Sanchez to stay. I think it gives Rex a chance to stay, and I think it holds up blowing up this team and regime again. Yes we can hunt every 3-5 years for a magical coach who will put everything together and win a SB, or we can try to put together a stable teams that consistently competes for the playoffs givings us more opportunities to win that SB. My thinking is if Tebow/McElroy go out there after the bye, we go 3-5 again. I think Woddy forces everyones hand and blows everything ridding Sanchez (I'm fine with), Tebow (okay but would rather keep him), McElroy (if he plays poorly), Rex (want to keep him), Tanny (don't mind, would like to keep him as a numbers guy) and we are back at square one with a new HC/GM trying to find a rookie QB and throwing him in the fire while filling holes at LB/S/G/T and setting up the rookie QB to struggle.

That's my view of what happens if Tebow/McElroy starts. If Sanchez starts, and we go down that 3-5 path. I see drafting a new QB to take over for Sanchez next season midway or end of it. I see us actually keeping in a system and players for continuous years. I see us giving a young QB a good team around him to succeed with. I see Rex getting a shot to stay on for another QB. I see Tanny still probably being moved as 1/2 main scapegoats (Sanchez the other) and I see not blowing everything up, but still rebuilding. I think we can win under Rex, and surround a new QB midway next year and the year after with a young defense, a solid O line, and one or two more weapons on top of Hill/Kerley/Keller. This all depends on getting a new scouting department/keeping our picks/our scouting department going for players who can step in now, not need to be developed to step in. I think we are few pieces away, and I think the best way to take advantage of those few missing pieces is not throwing everything out the window.

Those are a couple scenarios I see, and I would rather the second one. I guess that makes me a Rex fan? I just don't see consistently switching coaches every 3-5 years being the optimal way to win a SB in the future. And that's the thing, realistically, Tebow/McElroy have less than likely odds of becoming franchise QBs. We start them and then what? We are going probably going to suck either way unless Tebow/McElroy are elite now which I highly highly doubt. Once you go to 2-3 QBs and no success I think that signals the end of everyone. I just don't see Woody giving Rex another QB, I see him sending Rex/QBs/Tanny out the door and we are hunting for a rookie QB that is amazing day 1 that we need to start day 1.

#1107 displacedfan, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I'm so freaking sick of the comparisons of Sanchez to Eli. Why are people clinging to the thought that he's just automatically going to follow the same career path?....It's asinine.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Particularly when you consider how the Giants handled Eli and the talent around him and how the Jets have handled Sanchez and the talent around him.

That's if you want to completely forget about the mechanics of throwing the ball and the maturity off the field of a happily married family man to a guy that has to find a new home every night. Mark is getting dumped off the field as often as he is on the field.

That said he's still the best QB on the team. A tribute to our GM and HC.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez: Last 16 games

Based on the last 16 game sample, do you support moving on with mark from this point forward? I think some may not realize the level of his play of the past seasons worth of games:

6- 10 RECORD (3-8 in the last 11 games)

70.6 QB Rating | 303-565 (53.6%) | 3435 (6.07 YPA) | 23 TD :: 19 INT | 10 Fumbles

He has been flat out bad. misses on a lot of easy passes. constantly throwing behind guys even when completing passes. way too many turnovers and mental errors. is completely ineffective if there is any kind of pass rush or lack of run game. basically he is a low level game manager who struggles mightly with consistency in completing passes and needs huge weekly output from the run game and defense to be succesful.

Say what you will about tebow, that he is terrible. say what you want about mcelroy, that he is bad and unproven. but it would be near impossible for them to do much worse then sanchez.

and for that reason, one, or both of them should get a shot. at the very least, you need to give tebow a series here and there and see if it can be productive or rally some guys.

#1110 jerseyjay14, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  11. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I already knew Sanchez sucked. But it's like a taboo here to say so.

12. jerseyjay14

they arent idiots, they are insane. like literally. the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. this is 4 years of sanchez. nothing is going to change.

with tebow/mcleroy maybe they suck. but can they really do much worse then going 3-5 with horrible efficnecy?

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

THIS. :up:

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is a joke. I agree that Sanchez will not and should not be the starting QB of the Jets next season, but not because he is to blame for the team's failures this season. The Jets have ruined him. They wrote the book on how not to develop a young inexperienced QB.

It boggles my mind that after every loss, no matter the circumstances, the Jets fan base focuses on Sanchez and ignores everything else. The Jets lost yesterday for many reasons. The Special Teams is reason #1. Missed FGs, blocked punts, onside kicks recovered by the Fish, long kick returns allowed. It was the worst special teams performance I have seen in the Westhoff era.

The offensive line could not pass protect yesterday. It was like Wayne Hunter was back. The receivers can't catch a cold.

The defense did not come up with a big stop all day.

Add on that Sanchez had too many turnovers and did not put up the points that could have potentially led to a semblance of a comeback, and you have yesterday's disaster.

The reaction to Sanchez the last three games has been ridiculous.

He will be gone soon, and that means a rebuild. Tebow is not the answer and would not have fared any better. If it makes people feel any better, bench Sanchez for Seattle, get the offense ready in the next two weeks, and then get ready for a smack down in two weeks against a good defense.

15. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Elaborate.

16. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

LOL so it's everyone else's fault but sanchez? And how do you know Tebow isnt the answer? Why not give him a shot. He helped lead a team to the playoffs last year.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is what I'm talking about. The poster you quoted said

" I agree that Sanchez will not and should not be the starting QB of the Jets next season".

" The Jets lost yesterday for many reasons."

"Add on that Sanchez had too many turnovers and did not put up the points that could have potentially led to a semblance of a comeback, "

And that becomes Sanchez is not at fault? Where does that say Sanchez is not a fault? It says there are more problems than at QB and all of sudden that means Sanchez is not to blame?

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Good post. The QB is the most important position in the NFL but it's not the only position. This team is finding ways to lose.

Personally I have no attachment to Sanchez. I couldn't care less if they kept him or not but I don't think all the blame should fall on him. Plus, what QB is going to want to play here based on how the fans dump on the QB even when it's not entirely their fault for losing.

I hate to break it to people but Sanchez is most likely coming back next year, and Tebow as well apparently. People hoping that we'll miraculously get rid of him and somehow obtain a future superstar QB are going to be disappointed. For better or worse (leaning towards worse) Sanchez is our starter for the forseeable future. The only thing we can hope is that they can address some of the glaring holes on offense this offseason and hopefully Holmes comes back at full speed and Hill has a good offseason to become a threat, hopefully we acquire a better RB (draft or sign or whatever) and come back next year...or maybe they will blow it up and start from scratch. I doubt it but I guess it could happen.

19. TheGreenCantona

what do you mean taboo, there are at least 3 threads about his suckiness.

20. jerseyjay14

exactly. tebow wasnt the awnser in denver either, but inspite of being the worst player in the history of organized sports, he played well enough to lead them into the divisional round of the playoffs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.