Rex standing up for sanchez in the post game press conferencee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4lyfah, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Actually, it was more a preemptive strike -- you guys were talking about doing it from day one, and it happened very early in the process. The thread proliferation and posting was not that extreme, considering the size of the story.

I don't think you can chalk it up to "we had to do it." There's no question it was an attempt to prevent trouble before it happened.

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It was pretty much happening last year and we killed the Holmes and Masons of the world for it. We can't exactly start looking for players to rip the QB in public this year.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

They CANNOT discuss a quarterback change publicly or even allow themselves to be open to it. You have to support the starter.

Besides, it's very hard to make a mid-season QB change. This season is going down in flames no matter what happens. The roster has some trouble top to bottom.

Only hope is to change the offense to a simple spread attack and let Tebow run it like a 2 minute drill.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't feel like going back and searching through March. But I definitely had to argue that NY was not a better place for Tebow to be a starting QB game 1 than JAX. I had to make that argument at least once.

It was just a lot of unrealistic expectations from people thinking that Rex and Tanny were lying and that Tebow was really going to start day 1. There was a lot of unrealistic expectations that Tebow was going to win the starting job in practice or that the job was up for grabs. There were posters thinking Tebow was going to start preseason games. It was a lot of unrealsitic expectations by Tebow fans that didn't want to or didn't believe what was repeated since March. Tebow was here to be a backup. Not to win the job day 1. Not to compete for the job. He is here to backup Sanchez and they were going from there. People were projecting what they wanted instead of everything being reported. It was an overreaction to lack of news in July/August and more wishing than hoping

It was overreactions everywhere, but the first wave of both haters and lovers were unbearable. It has thankfully toned down to people who want to talk football barring one or two posters both ways.

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

the players and coaches respect mark cause they see him putting in the work during practice

it's the same thing mangini preached when he was here, the process. when you go through the right process results will come

6. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

I'm all for his success. Just wish he can experience it sooner rather that later to avoid the floodgates opening. Unless of course the CS changes their minds in two weeks. Then, they're wide open at that point.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think I'm just frustrated because I wish SOMEONE on the team would just acknowledge what the fans are saying. Just one person saying 'yeah, we're going to do a lot of things differently' instead of the whole 'great practice' bullshit. I want Tebow to start. There is literally nobody I can think of that can do worse than Sanchez.

I can't believe Sanchez and Ryan said that fucking nonsense. If it were such a great practice, you would not lose 30-9. Maybe they were sucking feet or something, but they were not playing football.

8. ArmandJ

This is week 8. Something needs to change, Sanchez is not working out. I'm sorry your son/brother/whatever isn't cut out for the NFL.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This. You don't talk about that publicly. You never do. That's why so many stories come out after players leave teams or swtich teams.

The thing is, if that fails, the CS probably gets fired. If they lose with Sanchez, they have hope of throwing Sanchez under the bus, scouting under the bus, etc. If Rex had unlimited job security, the team and offense would be run much different this year and probably the last couple years

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

If Sanchez plays terrible against the Seahawks then we may have to consider putting Tebow in. It would be worth a shot.

11. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Where are these supposed "results"? Look I've been one of Sanchez's biggest supporters over these last four years, and he showed his first two years that he could win big games and he had a lot of potential. However, he has not lived up to his potential. He is now one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL. I am a diehard Jets fan and I ALWAYS want us to win. Me losing faith in Sanchez does NOT mean I have lost faith in this team, just that I have lost faith in Sanchez. He has done NOTHING to show me that he will make a "jump" and become the next Eli, as many homers here always suggest, all he has shown me is that he cannot even complete passes under 5 yards, which, as a JETS fan (NOT a Mark Sanchez fan), worries me.

12. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Don't you remember that Roperdoug guy? Talk about loopy. His avatar is a pic of himself. Talk about uugly. He's over at the Jets official forum now and hasn't let up.

13. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I feel like Sanchez thinks we all blame his teammates and not him. I honestly think he is that delusional. He defends his teammates, but then makes these little side comments to remind us of the mistakes other players made (like last week - defending S. Hill but then lamenting the dropped pass.)

#173 The Notorious J.E.T.S, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  14. JetD

JetD Member

I was at the game today, right behind the Jets bench, yeah yeah, i know, not a big deal when we are talking wins and loses..Im tellin ya, Sanchez is not the guy, and never ever will be. Is it Tebow time?...I dont know, but it cant hurt to find out, and may very well be too late.......As far as Rex, and the way his team is run and handled......it was pathetic today.......just fucking pathetic....no passion, no spirit, no urgency......REX WANTS TO BE THE HC......LETS TAKE FUCKING CONTROL........Personally i will never stop rooting for my Jets, but god , its getting old....same ole fucking shit!!!

15. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Fuck Sanchez! And this aint about Tebow. It's about sitting at metlife, then navigating out onto the turnpike and getting home and sitting down and wondering what the fuck was this fucking day about! Then to make matters worse, our tenants won yet another game!

16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I think it's more of a Tony thing than anything. The buck stops with Rex so there is that but Mark has the skillset. I think Mark is carreying to much of a load, mostly because of the way the offense is game planned.

Rex may be coaching scared but because of a fear Tim may be to successful. The truth is, Rex may be correct. BUT playing scared doesn't win games. I'm with Herm on that one,,,,Hello!!! Play to win the game!!!

If not with Tim then somebody. Win the freaking game!

#176 Remarker, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  17. june19

june19 Active Member

Mason was right.sanchez is holding this team back.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

18. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

I actually believe Rex. Some of your worst games can come from a good week of practice and vice versa. Practice and game time are two totally different things. Edit: Ask Allen Iverson

19. AlbanyJets

AlbanyJets New Member

"My Jets career rests on Sanchez performing well and leading the team to wins after the defense I inherited starts to get old. My opinion is that I'm stuck supporting Sanchez because if he goes down, I go down. And that opinion is really all that matters to me.

I believe that I need Mark."

Translated that to reality.

20. ArmandJ

Rex is scared to be wrong. That's it. But if Woody were smart, he'd tell Rex to get the fuck over it.