Rex standing up for sanchez in the post game press conferencee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets4lyfah, Oct 28, 2012.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Sanchez plays like shit but we have no idea how he prepares.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I would vote for deluded, Sanchez acts like my 5 year old daughter at bedtime when he goes down by 10 points or has consecutive 3 and outs...

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Your 5 year old daughter can lead a 90 yard drive down 10 points in Foxboro? Make the Jets sign her! :smile:

4. MURDR

MURDR Banned

What in the actual fuck are you on?

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I don't think Rex can afford to change from Mark.

Consider this; Brunell was the Jets backup QB so the Jets needed a #2 QB. Tim bacame available and Rex gets the call from Woody. Rex says OK but only if Mark gets a franchize contract. Done and done.

Now Rex and Mark are in the same boat. They sink or float together.

That circumstance is one of the few scenarios that seems to explain some of the front office behavior that confounds us all. Using Mark to a fault. Seemingly calling plays that do nothing but pad Mark's numbers, even when winning a game is on the line. Using Tim is ways that avoid giving him a chance to be highly successful. And the list goes on.

If the Jets were getting Ws then everything would be working out, but that is not what is happening and I believe, is the reason it seems like everything is falling apart. It's a house built entirely on Mark's ability to deliver and IMO is not fair to Mark, the Jets, or Tim, and doesn't bode well for the Jets' immediate future. But it is what it is and will play out for better or worse. Some of us predicted it but we know about predictions right? Predictions are like opinions and assholes, everyone has one.

I also believe the only thing that will change the way things are right now is for Woody to make another call. Even then, there are no guarantees. The game has to be played to know who is the winner.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Lets' calm down.

7. bobaru

bobaru Banned

OR! Good god, yeah! What it is you're saying it for.... absolutely nothing! Say it again....

I'm done with "or"! This guy's alot of both (much more alot of the latter).

8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Rex is an idiot for continuing with Sanchez in todays game. Sanchez is at best an average QB, who will not even take the blame. Ray Lucas hit it spot on when he said with Sanchez it is never"I" screwed up it is always "our, or us, or we". To blame the Miami pass rush when he has nearly 5 seconds is inexcusable.

Rex, in my opinion, is sealing his fate with his constant backing of Sanchez. Maybe if he sits him for a game, Sanchez might just try to learn to lead. Watching this team is really becoming a chore.

In regards to Sandy, my prayers are for all of you, and your families to be safe. God bless.

9. dr.velociraptor

I agree with another poster that Rex has backed Sanchez and his fate is tied to the QB's ability to lead this team.

As for sitting Sanchez, well once that happens he'll never start another game for the jets, it's a permanent move.

10. ackack

ackack New Member

Papa Pump has it right. Sanchez is a sissy..as soon as he takes a hard shot...he is done for the day. If Rex defends him publicly, it is only a ruse. He knows that Sanchez cannot carry this team...and the team is not good enough to overcome Sanchez.
    A good draft will help a lot. You guys should start the "Suck for Barkley" threads..

11. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Sanchez is to Ryan as Boller is to Billick.

But not making a change, his destiny is now tied to him.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez extension was inked on 3/12/12. Manning didn't sign with the Broncos until 3/20/12, thereby creating the Tebow trade opportunity.

That makes this scenario a non-starter.

Odds were pretty good this was true from the moment Sanchez was drafted. Rookie QB and rookie HC and if they don't have real success together both are gone by year 5 or so.

The Jets are using Sanchez to a fault because his primary backup scares the hell out of them and not in a "WOW!" way.

If Tebow plays for the Jets and crashes and burns Woody Johnson is going to be a very unhappy camper. I think he probably is sitting on the fence himself as to whether he wants to see more Tebow on the field in this motley wreckage of a team or whether he'd like to start over next year or whether he'd really like to just shake Tebow's hand (after the season) and wish him well elsewhere.

There's a lot of symbolism tied up in Tebow and the man or team that brings that down is going to rue his fate afterwards. Why do you think John Elway moved heaven and earth to get Tebow out from under his aegis?

13. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Is time for Tebow............

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont care what Rex believes...does he watch the tape? It is brutal out there, Sanchez has got full hardcore backwards...He is no longer worthy of being a starter in this league

15. dr.velociraptor

At this point the Jets are at best a 6-7 win team, may as well start Tebow and then go to McElroy and see what you have and if you need to draft a new QB. I see no upside to continue starting Sanchez, I don't think the Coach or players believe in him any longer.

16. kerley11

kerley11 Member

I think it's really interesting that Andy Reid said today that he wouldn't commit to keeping Vick in as quarterback. Reid and Rex are in similar situations both coaching underachieving teams and both probably on the hot seat. They're taking opposite approaches though concerning their struggling quarterbacks. Do you think Rex might look at the fact that Reid is considering going to rookie QB over Vick who has had some past success, or is Rex entirely committed to Sanchez??

17. displacedfan

It's more that Philly tried to plan for the future by having a young QB drafted behind Vick that they trust. We traded for a backup QB that we clearly have no faith in and it looks like we have no interest in McElroy for some reason. And the offensive skill position players the Eagles have dramatically better than ours.

18. displacedfan

This last point is very true. Nobody wants to be the guy that "ruined" Tebow. That will be their title. If the CS can get by and move Tebow without playing him, they didn't "ruin him". If they go with him and he fails which is likely looking at our play that a QB doesn't control, they "ruined" a brand like Tebow and that sticks.

19. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Bull fucking shit. They lost to fucking Matt Moore. That is inexcusable

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Inking deals only takes a few minutes but getting to the inking usually takes more than 8 days. Additionally, big boy deals are done with the parties reaching an agreement, a hand shake is made, and then the lawyers are given the main details and told to write the contract for inking. In my OPINION the Jets knew they were getting Tim before the deal with Mark was inked. I would definitely like to know the facts.

Thanks for your OPINION.

Thanks for your OPINION.

I agree and is exactly why I said the following in my other comment.

I know there is no way I could know what Elway thinks, but my OPINION of WHY Elway did what he did, is different than what you imply and not worth getting into a pissing contest with you about. Just the same, thanks for your OPINION.

#140 Remarker, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012