NY Daily News Tebow Interview

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by catfish, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It is a double edge sword. If he says he completely concedes the starting position, he will be viewed as a uncompetitive person, a loser and guy you don't won't as your teammate. If he doesn't concede, the he would be viewed as selfish and a bad teammate. He trying to find a middle ground.

I was actually annoyed this year and last year by Keyshawn Johnson. He said Tebow has to concede the starting position for him to be a good teammate. Yeah, MEshawn knows how to be a good teammate. Comparing Tebow and MEshawn as a teammate is comparing a star to a flashlight.

And honestly, if he was backing up an "Elite" QB, he would say the same thing.

2. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Allright. I'm ready. Where do we meet up at? Halfway between NY and Indy?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We haven't discussed the terms yet. I never go into a rumble without discussing the terms.

Is it glass glued to taped knuckles?

Double-holstered taser guns?

Nerf bats dipped in liquid heat?

What's your poison?

4. John Chisum

John Chisum Banned

Lol. Look at my avatar. Revolvers.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would actually have guessed 40 pound colons, but firearms are good enough.

6. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

It's a terrible interview. If I was a reporter I would be embarrass to publish this, but he seems really proud of it. haha.. I guess that's the NYC tabloids for yah.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The only way to fight has to be matrix style slow mo ( bullet time for gamer geeks like me ) .

8. TTTTebowAndTheJets

[​IMG]

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I stabbed a man in the heart with a trident.

10. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

A stick of chewing gum? (Snicker)

11. reverseapachemaster

There's a difference between fact and opinion that he blurs. Obviously, every player thinks they should be starting in whatever position they play. Fuck, most people sitting on their couch watching the games think they should be on the field, too. It would be strange to hear a player say, "yeah, I'm the back up and that's what I should be. I'm not good enough to be an NFL starter." Those things are all opinions.

Facts are not up for dispute. Tebow is the back up on the depth chart. He seems to think who is the starting QB is an opinion. It isn't. He's finally pressured on the issue and admits that on paper, on the depth chart Sanchez is #1 but it's open to interpretation if Sanchez is the "starting QB". It's not open. It's decided.

It's the same garbage he did in Denver.

12. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

Worked out pretty well for both Tebow AND the Broncos last year. Might work out well for Tebow AND the Jets this year or next. Garbage or not, the Broncos came out looking good and scored Peyton as a result. Tebow got the boot and wants to start again and who can blame him?

13. reverseapachemaster

I'd say it's a massive demotion to go from starting QB on a team that went to the AFCC to being a back up to a guy everybody thinks sucks.

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

In his heart, he thinks he's better than Sanchez and that the Jets are fools to continue to start Sanchez. He thinks he can save the season.

He'd by lying if he said otherwise, so he just keeps that part to himself.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The current depth chart is the only thing that's a fact. Everything else is either an opinion or a prediction.

16. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

I agree it is a demotion to sit the bench in NY, that's why I said it worked out for him LAST year (as in, becoming the starter and then going to the playoffs). I hope Tim starts somewhere and does well because I think we haven't seen his apex yet. I don't know if it will be with the Jets, and I wish no ill upon Sanchez for Tim to start. I think if Sanchez does well for the Jets, he should keep his job. :up:

17. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

I agree with this.

18. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

Kyle Orton was awful. We wanted to see what our 1st round draft pick could do. Seems pretty logical. So, to suggest that he manipulated his way to being the starter is just not based in fact.

It was a stupid question for them to ask him his position, or to comment on Mark's position. They were fishing for something they could blow out of proportion, and it was obvious.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Also he was suppose to be the starter coming into last season, yet the guy they tried to trade away (Orton) didn't happen and he was named the starter a week later. And to top it all off he was named Captain? Honestly last year he should have been furious and I wouldn't want to support Orton either in retaliation. Orton has done absolutely nothing as a veteran in the NFL except rack up garbage time stats, though I would have to say Orton would be better than any QB currently on KC or JAC roster right now.

Sanchez at least has won big games as a starter and won 4 Road Playoff games. At least Tebow hasn't been lied to promising him a starting gig WITHOUT COMPETITION!

20. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

I for 1, do not care whatsoever about Tebow's "feelings" in re to being a "starter"! He lucked out becoming a starter @ Denver due to K.Orton's inability to provide adequate qb play (eventually being waived on Nov 22nd). Hall O' Fame qb & E.V.P., J Elway so despised Tebow's (lack of) skills that he went balls-out for Peyton-ite knowing full well that T.T. simply caught opposing D's off-guard with his "Vile Cat" performance eventually leading to defensive adjmt's to contain his
    run-skill. When offered his "services", 29 teams recognized his limitations & straight-up said "NO"! Jacksonville firmly stated that he'll be nothing more than a glorified back-up while my BELOvED JETS....I've been a fan since '67....stoo-pidly fell for the " Cherry KOOL-AID" Elway was serving & put him on the roster! "We're gonna design super-secret plays utilizing his masterful skill-set to fool our opponents" former OFFENSIVE LINE COACH "Phony"-Tony Sparano <who's been prev'ly fired from the Browns, Redskins, Jaguars & recently the Dolphins - pathetic-!>

Honestly, I DO understand the passion & respect some of you "Te(blow)me"-aniacs have for him due to his 3/4ths of a season ACCOMPLISHMENT - leading Denver to a pedestrian record of 9-7 with 1 play-off win vs a depleted Steeler team (eventually OBLITERATED by the Gaytriots 45-10), but PLEASE fall back & think for a moment his value as an off. skill position player;

Running back- No cut back skills, recognition of open holes or ability to follow blockers (run skill set used best on pass formations). Total lack of experience.

Wide Rec'vr- Untested "hands". Unknown ability to run routes/escape from tight coverage/ability to create spacing.

QB- Refs are ready to throw "Intentional Grounding" flags everytime he drops back to pass.

Clipboard holder- THE BEST!!

I'm sorry, but T.T., especially the way he's being used, is an ABSOLUTE waste of TIME!

Cut him!

'Nuff said!