Our Gm should look into dumping scott..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NewYorkEveryThing, Oct 26, 2012.

1. NewYorkEveryThing

Bart scott to the cowboy's so we can free up some dough for next year... The cowboy's just might do it.. S.Lee is done for the season and Scott can still play better then anythinisg out there.. It is obvious that D.davis got scott's job.

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

lol keep dreaming

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I doubt they'd give us anymore than a 6th rounder. And at that point I'd rather have Bart than the pick.

4. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Pace is the bigger problem, in my opinion.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Scott is about done, nobody wants him, let alone give up a draft pick.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Fantasy Football is down the hall---------------->

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bart has played a lot better this season than he did last year. We have nothing to gain from cutting him. So why in hell would we do that. Pace and Thomas have been the big issue. We have no outside LBs that are worth a starting spot.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Guy has 0 trade value.

9. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Scott, Pace and Thomas have all been warriors for the Jets; but it's time for a youth movement at linebacker.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Scott will get cut next year so I doesn't matter besides all we would get is a 7th rounder who Tanny will cut

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If Bart made the league minimum, he would probably net a 6th round pick at most. Like has been said, there is no trade value there.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets can move Scott before the deadline they'll save about $600k on the cap. That money can be rolled over to next season to make the impact of the other cap issues less severe.

Obviously if the Jets can get anything for Scott at all it probably makes sense to move him. Even a conditional 7th would be good if it is matched with an unconditional $600k savings against the cap.

Scott will have $2.1 million left in guaranteed salary after game 8. An additional $1.5 million in prorated bonus will hit the cap as soon as he is traded. The difference is the savings the Jets will see if he is traded before the deadline The $1.5 million bonus hit will happen next year when he is cut anyway. Just taking the hit now instead of then and getting out of paying $2.1 million in salary at the same time.

#12 Br4d, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. NewYorkEveryThing

I posted this so maybe we can clear cap.. I don't think we need anything for him just to dump him... I just want him gone so DD can can start.. DD is gonna start this week and then back to BS.What if he plays sick and then bart comes back??

14. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I agree. I REALLY like Bart, and he's a great leader, but we need every cap space advantage we can get. We wouldn't be so fucked, though, if we didn't give Sanchez a huge extension.

But watch, we're going to overpay BIG for Keller and be in cap hell for the next like 5 years with Sanchez's and Revis' contracts.

15. NewYorkEveryThing

Bart had a very nice the game against the texans and pats... I was just hoping someone in the F.O. reads our posts... And what happen to "trader mike"..

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

When we gave Sanchez a cap extension he took less money. I also don't think we overpay for Keller. 5 million a year is the most I think and he deserves that. Sparano I don't know would love Keller for his style offense but I think keller comes back.

I think Bart gets resigned next year too at the league minimum or close to it. Hes a good depth guy and a leader of our D. He's also played better this season than most here want to give him credit for. Last year he was bad.

Pace is dreadful as is Thomas. We have 0 good OLBs. Also our NT position has been weak all year. Pouha sucked when he played, Ellis was okay, not the force he was in the preseason but he got hurt right away. Devito should be gone he hasn't been very good and with the young bodies on the line he is disposable.

17. FakeSpikeLOL

FakeSpikeLOL New Member

I love some of these posts. It reminds me of the "Let's trade Matt Moore to a QB-needy team for a 2nd round pick!" Fact is...most NFL teams OVER-VALUE draft picks and it would take a superstar to get back a high draft pick. Bart Scott will get the Jets nothing...just get what you can from him this year and let him go after the season.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Didn't he only play like 9 snaps against the Pats? I guess on the bright side that's a lot less plays he has the potential to miss tackles.

19. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

or to play devils advocate... what if we trade/cut bart scott, and Demario Davis plays like dog shit against Miami on Sunday? Then what do we do?