Buffalo Bills and Andrew Luck....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Footballgod214, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

.....got blown out by and Tom Brady got out-played by the two most over rated players in the NFL! :rofl: Read the intro to TGG.....too funny.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Someone mentions how shitty the Bills and Pats' defenses are, but refuse to recognize how good the 49ers and Steelers' defenses are in 3.... 2.....1......

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

The Steelers are overrated. But he did play decentl vs the Texans D.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^True. He sucks.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

49ers D is good but Steelers d is average at best this season. Texans are a real good d and he did a solid job with almost no weapons.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Steelers D is allowing the second least ypg in the NFL. Not bad. Not sure how many pts their D has surrendered (not counting ST and O pts against).

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Your lack of knowledge is too funny. Tom Brady didnt get outplayed by anyone in green in white....

8. Ted

Ted Member

Not going to discredit Sanchez because he had a very nice game against the Bills but come on. The Bills and Colts are at the bottom of the league. Outplayed Tom Brady? :breakdance:

9. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

OP's bold statement is wrong but I see where he is trying to go with it. Mark has held his own multiple times over his career against great defenses and blown out teams the "elite" QBs are expected to blow out. I'm not saying he is a top tier guy but when he is consistently ranked at the bottom of the pack and playing in the middle of the pack how is OVER rated? I feel what OP meant to say was that there are teams and fan bases that have witnessed Marks ability and worth.

10. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Still not sure how someone can be, "most overrated" when most fans have him as average to shitty skill level?

Mark Sanchez could be a better no huddle qb. When in a system, he forces himself into sporadic decisions. I think he would excel playing on the fly.

Either way, you have to run the football and PLAY ACTION PASS, BOOTLEG

11. JAG

JAG New Member

Only worthwhile aspect of this OP is the avatar

Hmmmm Mark Sanchez so far this year, Football Outsiders DYAR 26th DVOA 26th, ESPN QBR 32nd, QB rating 30th, completion % 54% 32nd

Yeah great post

12. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the steelers defense is nothing special this year AT ALL. Their day has come and gone.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Exactly...How can Sanchez be overrated when nobody is arguing he is good to begin with?

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Luck is much better than Sanchez already and he has only had 6 starts.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

way to go out on a limb.

Luck and RG3 are the best QB prospects to come out in over a decade, no question.

im a Sanchez supporter and said last year before the draft is trade Sanchez for Luck in a heartbeat.

16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is serious post or an attempt at sarcasm .........

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i like Sanchez, i think he can be a good player, and I also think the Jets have shit the bed at developing him with a lack of OL depth and musical chairs at WR.

all this being said Luck will be a better QB as long as the Colts dont start taking pages out of the Jets playbook.

although I would like to see Luck in a big game before I seriously stand by this statement with full confidence

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the truth is that very few QB's have it in them to be great or even good in the absence of a great supporting cast. Andrew Luck is one of those guys who has a chance to be great no matter who he gets the opportunity to play with. If he's not supported well he probably won't manage that trick though.

Mark Sanchez never had it in him to go out and be great in a vacuum. He's always going to be a booster of good talent who declines with bad talent. That's where 95% of all QB's live. It's the norm.

The Jets have just found that out the hard way when they first boosted him with very good talent his first couple of years and then let the talent decline precipitously after that.

Put Sanchez on Green Bay or Houston and he'd be a top 16 QB, maybe higher. With the Jets he's in the bottom third and probably cannot improve that much. There's a big difference between having WR's that are hard to cover and having WR's that depend on the QB to thread the needle and make throws that are on the face of it unwise.

19. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

Yep give him Mike Martz and he'd have 4000 yards seasons

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i think Sanchez on GB or HOU would be top 10.

but i will agree hes not the type of player who makes everyone around him better instantly. like you said thats 95% of qbs.

i do think Sanchez has looked much better without Holmes. hes been forced to go through his progressions and make better throws since he knows he cant just dump it off to Holmes.

and minus the horrible INT last week i will say I think he elevated the no name WR corps whos best targets are a rookie from an option scheme in college and a good slot WR forced to step his game up.

will be interesting to see how this develops by the end of the year, but one thing is for sure if the OL can block hes by no means a scrub, especially the one hes made out to be in the media.