SI 2010 article about Tebow - for fans only

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JaxSuzy, Oct 26, 2012.

1. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Great article , thank you for posting

3. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Good read. Thanks!

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Great article, thanks Jax!!!!

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I remember reading that article when it came out. Good find.

6. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

Looking forward to reading it when I have the required number of posts to see the link

7. JFjets

JFjets New Member

That article has been posted and referenced by myself and a bunch of other Tebow fans over the last few years, and it just doesn't matter, the Tebow haters only see what they want to, not what is actually there. That article is a perfect illustration of the double standard applied to Tebow by the haters. For any other big name player entering the NFL, their college stats and performance would absolutely be considered as one of the reasons they have a chance of being successful in the NFL, and as one of the determining factors for where they get picked in the draft. But for Tebow, it doesn't apply because it was "college", not the NFL, and nothing good Tebow did in college counts towards anything for the haters. It's a ridiculous double standard, but it's one the haters trot out continuously.

8. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

You're right about that, but I posted it just for us. It's ridiculous that those same stats are what get college players drafted in the first place. A lot of Gators that played with Tebow were drafted on the basis of their stats and are doing great.

How about that really stupid comment made by T-haters that his teammates don't want him as QB because they won't get as many yards with a running QB? Seems to me that Tebow's college teammates had more than enough carries and yards to get drafted. It's indeed a ridiculous double standard.

9. reverseapachemaster

Who said that?

10. Potzer

Potzer New Member

People say it, as a reason that he doesn't "make his teammates better"

Despite the contrary evidence that the focus on him reduces focus on the skill position players around him. Just having a spy on him, removes a defender from the field. Its part of the reason I feel that he *can* make a team better.

11. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

I'm just waiting for all that college success to translate to NFL success. Gonna take more than a few complementary articles to make him a starter somewhere.

12. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

We are talking about his college career, stop trolling the thread .

13. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

So was I.

Great college player... arguably the best ever.

14. JFjets

JFjets New Member

And then when you say Tebow isn't just (or even mostly) a running QB, in the very next breath they'll say that the reason Tebow's passing stats in College were so gaudy is because his roster was just stacked with great NFL talent at wide receiver. There's no question that Tebow had some good receivers and tight ends (some of whom are in the NFL, but not all having great careers to this point), but if Tebow is a running QB, then how were all these talented wide receivers and tight ends getting so many passes from him? Doesn't compute.

I don't know about on the Jets forums, but I saw that argument made many times on the Broncos forums.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

But your post was trolly...c'mon now Moe.

16. Remarker

Remarker Banned

From all the 'college is not the NFL' crap, where the hell do the 'college is not the NFL'ers think 99.9999% of the NFL players come from? From some NFL player breeding program?

17. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Yep. It's called College.:rofl:

18. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

Great article. Concerned Citizen, when Tebow is inducted into the HOF, will you consider changing you signature?

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I remember this article, and I agree, some of the anti-Tebow crowd are ridiculous. That being said, I do believe that Josh McDaniels did a diservice to Tebow by selecting him in the first round, NE wasn't going to select him in the first round, and the whole wining and dining with Belichick was a smoke screen. They could have gotten him in the second round.

He made some passes and throws in collage and the NFL that amazed me, into coverages and tight windows. Yet some passes were abosolutly the worse I've seen from any "Tier one QB prospect" like the two pick sixes against Miss State in his senior year and the worse one, having Aaron Hernandez wide open on corner route in the endzone in the 2009 SEC Campionship game, yet he put no air under it and ended up getting picked off by Javier Arenas, a guy that is 5 foot 8.

I see still as a successful starting QB in the NFL, but it might take a long time, for example, Alex Smith just became serviceable QB last year and he was in the league for 8 years.

Also another point, Alex Smith ran the exact same offense that Tebow did in collage for the same coach, Urban Meyer.

Oh and by the way, to this day I always thought Stafford was very overrated. He is made of glass and makes some awful throws and decisions. The only reason he has good stats is because of Megatron, and since Megatron isn't playing well right now, Stafford completely sucks now.

#19 Diddy, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  20. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

That's the truth - it DOESN'T compute. And i saw the comments on the Broncos forum after Brandon Lloyd was traded.