Has Demario Davis Taking Over at Linebacker? (Yes)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 24, 2012.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

I loved the Davis pick when it happened and I love it even more now. Although to say that he has supplanted Scott in the starting line-up is a little premature. Scott does have a broken big toe and a healthy Scott would be playing much more. Also you have to look at our opponent, New England is a team filled with speed at running back and Tight end, and a player that was the fastest Ilb at the combine is exactly who should be playing.
    The best part is he played well, and with Scott's injury I can only see Davis playing more in the future. In fact going up against a speed rusher like Reggie bush this week I also expect him to play a lot, but not quite as much as the size of the Dolphins Oline is a mismatch for him.

2. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Calvin Pace is one of the worst high price free agent pick ups this team has ever made. He's worthless.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Well BART sCOTT IS OUT FOR SUNDAY so hopefully Demario could put the final nail in Scotts coffin this week by showing up big

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Scott and Thomas will be gone next year thank god, We need to get faster and younger at that posistion

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I liked the Davis pick up...hope to see him continue to contribute and raise his game.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Davis brings much needed speed to the linebackers, this is the year to let the young guys step up or at least get a taste for the NFL.

7. BleednGreen247

no the rookies are just clearly better than the shitty starters they are replacing :rofl:

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Davis was drafted to start by next year, this shouldnt surprise anyone.

the question is do we move to a 4-3?

Harris MLB, Davis OLB, Rookie/FA OLB,

Coples DE Pouha/Devito/Ellis DT Wilkerson DT Rookie/FA DE?

seems better than finding two new OLB's. which this FO shows it cant find one legit 3-4 OLB.

theres alot of quality 4-3 pass rushers in this draft.

i think the 3-4 became en vogue in the late 90's early 00's as RB's became dominant and now with this new breed of TE's and the passing game opening up 3-4 OLB's who can cover are about as rare as a unicorn.

would be nice if Rex and our staff adressed this. unless they decide to go all out and bring in a bunch of new legit 3-4 players

were not as much of a hybrid defense as people think. putting shitty OLB's on the line of scrimmage doesnt qualify as a hybrid d. its just poor depth lol

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Maybe now, but I thought he was a great signing and he gave us this moment,

[​IMG]

10. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree completely.... Otoh, it would be sweet if it uncovered some nice talent and gave them some experience.

11. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

hahahhah i love it. I've always given pace the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't have the supporting cast to let him excel but if he can't make plays this season with our revamped stud d line then he's a fucking bum.

also can we get the gif. of pace knocking eli mannings helmet off and jim lenoard taggins his defenseless dome piece that would be greaaat

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

please god no 4-3 Defense

Coples and Wilkerson do damage inside once we get some edge rushers we'll be fine

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I love this guy! All you heard in the offseason was that Davis was a big time leader. It's starting to show now!! LOVE IT!

[​IMG]

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We may as well. Our run defense is already terrible.

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

When did he say this? Nice tho. Hope he works out well

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Liked it; Rex said the "There's no quit in this team" But the kid has some fire in him

18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

We all knew this was coming at some point this season. The only reason Scott was brought back was because of the cap hit. They'll work something out and he'll be an ex-Jet by March and by April or May he'll either make his return to Baltimore or possibly head over to Indianapolis for a swan song year or two.

Davis has impressive speed and was always around the ball in New England. I didn't notice him too much against Miami, but he's young and learning and he definitely has the skill set, it's just about putting it all together. We'll see what happens, but it's good to see this team finally play and try to develop young talent instead of signing the next big name 30+ year old.

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The moment Bart broke his toe I can't believe he didn't grab a knife, cut it off, and get his ass back out there. Plenty of ppl go through life without a fricken toe.