Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow voted the two most overrated players

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Oct 25, 2012.

1. reverseapachemaster

The bottom line is that the poll is meaningless, regardless of what you try to divine out as the underlying reason for the votes.

You can say Tebow and Sanchez have received too much attention this year due to the non-existent QB controversy but then how do you explain Romo tying Sanchez for #2? I don't see a lot of people talking about him except for the one ok game he had this weekend. Ray Lewis is #5? WTH? I guess you could say there's something being said that Tebow received 1/3 of all the voted but honestly, who cares?

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Neither is overrated. 95% of football fans think both are terrible. Not sure how that makes them overrated.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The funny thing is in the grand scheme of things that only about 90 human beings in the universe hold the position of QB in the NFL (1st , 2nd and 3rd string)

out of 6.5 billion

how bad can any of them really be?

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^Because only six (Brady, Manning, Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Rapistberger) are undisputably good, the rest are continuously compared to them and until they reach that level they will be considered "shitty". The bar is set high, you can't make mistakes at this position and get away with it.

I'm not saying it should be any other way.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Good point.

And on the article, overrated is not equal to over exposed. Everyone was reporting all summer long how the Jets had a QB problem. I wouldn't call that overrating the Jets. They were overexposed.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

true...but still...6 out of 6.5B everyone else sucks..hehe...

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The results of this poll make absolutely no sense and only serve to highlight the remedial intelligence of the average NFL player. It is almost irrefutable that neither player is overrated because 95% of the football world thinks they both suck and overtly proclaims as much, on a daily basis.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How is Sanchez overrated?? to be overrated you have to be considered good or great by someone, sounds like NFL players who voted for this are hating on the attention these two get

9. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

According to many posters on this board, he is the greatest thing since a ham and cheese sandwich....

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You miss the point why Sanchez is properly seen as overrated.

First of all he is totally overrated by his fans, which still make up an inexplicably high percentage of Jet fans.

But on another level he is clearly overrated. He was the fifth pick in the draft, given a big contract, given a contract extension this past off season at a still big contract price, and has been referred to as the Jets' starting Qb without question and without competition. Meanwhile his stats are putrid, and he rates more poorly than several rookie and sophomore Qb's.

In short, saying he deserves to be the starting Qb on the Jets means he is overrated, because he does not deserve to be.

Now ftr I am not at all saying Tebow should be the Qb, since he's even worse.

But if the Jet organization says Sanchez is not only NFL starting Qb quality, but deserves to stay there without challenge and without question, then the Jet organization clearly overrates him, and the poll is entirely correct.

11. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

The list of shame:
    Tebow
    Sanchez
    Romo
    Vick
    Ray Lewis
    Reggie Bush
    Asomugha
    Crabtree
    Tom Brady
    Suh

That's the top 10 folks.

12. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Brady and Suh are overrated? Really?

13. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

To be overrated people have to think sanchez is a good QB. All people do is talk about how bad he is.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think that Tebow is definitely the most ENVIED player because he makes news for just going to the bathroom. That's not his fault - it's the press' fault.

I'm not sure why Sanchez was so over-rated. I don't think anyone thinks he's great right now. He's shown flashes of greatness and there are plenty of detractors and plenty of people that think he has great potential, but I don't hear anyone saying that he's great right now. He did have a fine performance against the Pats that was one of his best games so far, but that's just one game. Maybe it's b/c he's always sleeping with hot celebrities and the other players also envy him. Who knows?

15. Big Blocker

Again, the Jets organization overrates him. THis can't be denied.

Of course you could say they don't believe all the nice things they say about him. You could say they don't think he really deserved the contract extension and coming into camp with no competition, and literally deserved to be the starting Qb without question.

But based on what they say, and even what they do, about and with Sanchez, they overrate him. No question about it.

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I have to really take with a grain of salt an "over-rated player" poll that lists three time super bowl champion Tom Brady as 9th most over rated, and two time champion Eli Manning as 15th most over-rated. I mean, give me a break.

17. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I was thinking about arguing with you but that contract extension sort of got in my way... :)

18. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Dumbass football players are confusing a players ability on the field and the media attention they get about everything other than football.

19. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

people who did, are the the same farking idiots that put tebow in top 100 nfl players that now call him overrated?

no clue how sanchez is on overrated list...guy's a punching bag of all criticism...

20. Big Blocker

Again, the Jet organization overrates Sanchez. They over pay him. They give him contract extensions. They do not try to get anyone to compete for his position, instead getting Tebow for marketing reasons, and end up just confusing everyone and everything. Even if Stanton had been the backup, by now there might have been at least consideration to play him.

Meanwhile the Jets keep saying he's their guy, he's the starter, he's a very good qb.

The Jet organization overates him. No?