Ways to make the "Tebow Package" more effective.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Diddy, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I'll make some points I think would make it more effective:

- More formations: For example, a pistol formation with the back behind Tebow. Also he could run the Triple Option under center. He did burn the Jets on the final drive last year using some variation of the Triple option.

- Play Action: I have yet to see this happen, and yet I keep seeing safety cheat to the line to stop the run, leaving our WRs one on one with a corner in man coverage. For this to work, the WRs must constantly win there one on one match ups, which until recently they weren't able to do.

- Be smarter where we use the Tebow package: Don't put him out there when Sanchez has it going it destroys his rhythm. I did like him on the opening drive Sunday. Also use it on Third and short or forth and short. It very effective that way, though in these situations just taking a direct snap to the wall of defenders does the trick every time. Also don't put him out there just because, have a plan! I saw a plan in the Colts game, yet the worse was during the Miami game.

Honestly doing these things will make the Package better, with good oline play there is no reason not to get at least 4 yards per play with the Tebow Package. I think we need to do this to make our offense better and to have shot at the division and/or playoff berth.

2. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Not bad points really but since there isn't a Tebow package I am not sure there is much to discuss.

3. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Sparano should be more concerned with Sanchez accuracy than how to use Tebow. All attention should be paid to Sanchez accuracy right now. Yes, Tebow can be a distraction for opposing defenses, but he is also a distraction for our offense.

4. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I don't agree with this. He might be a fan and media distraction but do you think the offense doesn't know he isn't going to be used?

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Or they could just scrap it for 2012.

Use Tebow on Special Teams only as that has been effective. And possibly revisit the Tebow offensive package next season depending on the circumstances/personnel...

6. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Maybe I'm just irritated right now. I feel like we've done this thread already. The conclusion is some trolls come in say "OMGZ TEBOW SUXXORZ WHY WOULD WE CHANGE THE WHOLE OFFENSE FOR HIM"

7. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

What in the world can Tony two bits Sparano do to help Sanchez's accuracy problems?

8. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Can't argue with the recommendations, but it's mute. The Jets seem to be following your last recommendation!

I'd love to see Tebow playing, but I can't make a case for it. If the Jets don't make the playoffs, he'll be traded at year end. If they do, the clamor will quiet down.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Put him on IR.

10. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Cut Tebow and let him go.

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

My personal favorite. Put Tebow and Cromartie in at the same time. This could give defenses nightmares. Remember that end around that they did earlier in the season? I'd love to see more stuff like that. When Tebow is in, the defense adjusts to him most likely running it. When Cro is in they focus their safety on him going deep. Together they could be devastating. No more Tebow package. Only TeCro.

12. JFjets

JFjets New Member

This assumes that the answer is yes to the question: "do the Jets coaches want the Tebow package to be more effective?"

At this point, based upon what we've seen, it makes more sense to say the answer to that question is no.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I still believe that we need Tebow to be more effective if we are have any chance to go to playoffs, remember 2009?

14. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That might not be a bad idea.

15. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Bah fine, I've been baited into it.

Tim needs to throw out of the mildcat. That is his version of "breaking one for 40 yards" Tim isn't going to be Brad Smith. He's not going to break that long run with his legs. However he can throw to force the defense to respect the vertical part of the field. This isn't rocket science.

16. reverseapachemaster

Common sense dictates if you have a HC and OC who both love the wildcat and you have a guy who seems like he would be great at it not doing it much and not doing much with it when he gets on the field, it's because the HC and OC don't have confidence in his execution. Common sense further dictates its because Tebow isn't executing those plays in practice to build that confidence.

17. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Common sense dictates that a direct snap straight up the middle is not a great play.

Common sense dictates that when Tebow passed the ball out of the formation the FIRST time it was a first down .

Common sense dictates that when Tebow passed the ball out of the formation the SECOND time it should have gone for a large gain against the Texans when he bounced it off Hill's facemask.

Common sense dictates that when Tebow passed out of the punt formation it was another first down.

Common sense dictates that Tebow can pass out of the formation.

what is not common sense is:

Not using Tebow on a 3rd and 2 from the 3 against NE (COSTING THE JETS A LOSS)
    Not allowing Tebow to pass the ball out of the formation besides the 2 previously mentioned pass attempts

#17 CowboysFan, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. NarrowPath

NarrowPath New Member

Yeah it is baffling to watch them use Tebow the way they do. I think they keep hoping Sanchez will get it done, but watching these games that the Jets could and should have won is heartbreaking! If they were less afraid to use Tebow those games would be W's. Sanchez has been doing pretty well moving down field, but things seem to fall apart more often then not once in the red zone. I hate hate hate watching what should be a TD be a FG instead, or a turnover.

#18 NarrowPath, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  19. reverseapachemaster

I don't necessarily disagree with these points but they don't address mine, either.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Since youn answered seriously , I'll reciprocate .

The truth is that the truth probably lies in th middle of what you said and what I said .

We are both probably somewhat right .

#20 CowboysFan, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012