Tim Tebow is hurting us more than hes helping us

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by NFL, Oct 22, 2012.

1. JustLurking

JustLurking New Member

He is definitely helping the Jets more than hurting them. He doesn't determine when he comes in. That is on Sparano. The Jets are hurting Tebow more than they are helping him, by the way they are using him. I always pictured him to be used like he was with Leak. They did trick us, just not in a good way. IMO

2. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

they put him in 4 times he touched the ball 3 times .

So you say EVERY time?... Sanchez had a TD on the play after one of those 3 times (or at least a big play gain) and Green had another TD...yeah he was total momentum killer. Not that tebow had anything to do with the plays after but it certainly did not kill momentum.

Bias much?

#22 CowboysFan, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The only time he hurt the team was in Miami by going backwards on that one play. Besides that he has been a positive yardage player, usually netting 2-4 yards. The fake punts have all worked. Not sure how you think he's done more harm than good.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

A 2 yard gain is not helping this team. I know Greene does the same shit but that's why i say we need to draft a RB 1st or 2nd. Tebow is definitely not helping us as much as he's hurting us. And its all on the coaching staff not on him.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

I hope to God that we trade before the deadline. Doesn't even matter to me what we get for him at this point.

6. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

They should cut him tomorrow IMHO. (EDIT*******SARCASM)

#26 CowboysFan, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But hasn't he been averaging 3 or 4? He had 4 carries for 12 yards. 3 yards is fine by me and he doesn't fumble. He definitely isn't hurting the team, you just see what happens when an O line is inconsistent, Greene keeps his head down (his head is up much more now and it makes him look so much better), Poweel is hurt and McKnight has an ankle sprain.

Tebow is definitely not hurting the team barring the one play in Miami

8. Jrsy2FLA

Jrsy2FLA Banned

We can only hope. It's Like a bad arraigned marriage. I'm sure Woody forced Rex/Tanny into it so its really not fair to Rex or Tebow. Things will happen for Tim and hell, Brady Quinn got named as KC's starter...anything is possible.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I agree. This is bad.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

How is hurting the Jets when he barely plays? The punting unit is doing great with him in there, he's a threat to fake it every time and his presence has clearly affected the opposing rushers/return teams. He's done well in short yardage when they've called his number. They should be doing that more often.

"The Jets should cut him." You guys really take the martyrdom way too far.

11. NFL

NFL Active Member

When he does go into the offense its a waste of a down. How is that not hurting the team?

12. NFL

NFL Active Member

Na if we can get something for him I would take anything at this point. 7 round pick even if we get past the deadline than yeah just cut him but I know for a fact they wont cut him.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If you're going to claim it's a "waste of a down", why not provide some evidence to show us all that it's actually a waste? Otherwise it just sounds like you're talking out your ass. The information is readily available if you really want to show us.

Break it down for us. I'll bet you won't though. You'll just tell me to look it up myself or something stupid and continue to make baseless claims.

Seems to me he's helped pickup a number of big first downs. Last I checked first downs are good, but maybe you can convince me otherwise.

14. NFL

NFL Active Member

If you read my original post you wouldn't be writing all this. I said he's done good on the first Downs and punt fakes, and its not even him doing the wrong! The coaching is so predictable every time he goes on the field on a 1st down its a waste. He gets 2 yards Max! His average is higher because he got a good run in Buffalo and Pittsburgh otherwise on 1st Downs he's worthless. If he was just on the field for 3rd and shorts it would be fine. Like I said its not his fault, its the coaching.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Thanks for the clarification.

16. reverseapachemaster

How many plays does Tebow have left this year before his contract bumps up in value? That minus one is exactly how many plays he has left to play this season.

17. NFL

NFL Active Member

So state a fact that Tebow is helping this team. He gets put in when Mark is driving down the field ruining momentum. And that's funny editing my post, act your age.

18. Bannon

Bannon New Member

It's some sort of percentage. Like 70 percent of the snaps or something.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I was obviously being sarcastic and at least you realize how stupid these dumb threads are. Kudos to you.

I am pretty sure the thread starter IS NOT a tebow fan.

I was being sarcastic echoing your initial ridiculous sentiment that he is hurting the team.

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

yesterday they put him in 4 times he touched the ball 3 times .

Sanchez had a TD on the play after one of those 3 times (or at least a big play gain) and Green had another TD...yeah he was total momentum killer. Not that tebow had anything to do with the plays after but it certainly did not kill momentum.

get real man.

#40 CowboysFan, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012