Terrible Officiating Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 21, 2012.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

you guys will laugh but this is one of the reasons why I was rooting for the replacements hoping by the time we get to play the PATS they would be more familiar with the game and less familiar with the team Patriots.

Pats ALWAYS get breaks and last night was no different. There is no shock that the reg refs love sucking the blue and red dick of the Patriots.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the play was also blown dead at what would of been 1:57. I feel kinda silly typing all these numbers :breakdance:

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

How people think this game wasn't fixed is beyond me.

Case In Point:

1. Coach can't challenge an already reviewable turnover. Delay of game penalty of 15 yards. When asked about it, the refs said there was no clear evidence of him throwing the flag, yet every game case reported he had challenged the play.

2. Pass interferance call on Wilson. The ref right next to him calls nothing, but the ref 25 YARDS down field calls it pass interference late!! Come on.

3. Sanchez's fumble was an illegal hit below the knees. In 2008, this rule was enforced because of Brady's season ending injury, thus making it a 15 yard penalty if a player tackles a QB by the feet or below the knees. Sanchez was grabbed by both feet and brought down. No penalty.

The proof is in the pudding

4. Jetsfan11

Jetsfan11 New Member

Take the tin foil hat off for a second.

1. The refs can't call something they don't see. If no one saw Belichick throw the flag they can't call it cause Jim Nance said he did. There was no video of Belichick throwing it so if we didn't see it how can we assume the refs did? And there are that many cameras.

2. Nothing to say about that. Terrible terrible call.

3. Read Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9, (e) of the Rule Book. I can't post links now cause I don't have enough rules.

There has to be force behind the hit to the knee. Just knocking him down with your arm below the knee isn't a penalty.

We didn't lose cause the refs. We lost cause we played like pussies after the fumble by the Pats.

5. NewYorkEveryThing

Is that when we were first getting the ball back from the fumble and the refs gave them the 2 min warning AFTER we ran the first play of the drive and not at the time of the fumble did not stop.. The Tue min warning should have been called after the fumble...Not after our first play.. They stop the ball twice for them.

6. NewYorkEveryThing

They stop that clock quick...Before the player was down.I was lik.....What the fuck.... There should have run almost 5 sec off that thing...What are the pats control the time clock people....

7. NewYorkEveryThing

We got NFL screwed..

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I really hate when losing teams blame the refs. We had plenty of chances to win and we didn't.

The only thing I found dubious was that ref throwing a flag from 25 yards away. That made no sense.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8536374/the-patriots-flawed-other-week-7-news

Random Question, Wasn't Carson Palmer injured by this same play before Brady? Wasn't it instituted then, or did it happen after Brady got hurt?

10. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Refs are afraid of Bill and Brady

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Looking at the video it seems like the ref waved for the clock to be stopped exactly the same time as the clock manager did. But I could be wrong.

13. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

At this point I have vented the poor officiating enough. Unfortunately nothing will be done about it and the Jets couldn't overcome their poor play enough to make it not matter. Whatever time to move on to the Dolphags aka the Gay Sharks.

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

0.134 seconds is a pretty typical reaction time.

This whole thread is just people trying to blame anyone but the team that lost.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Not for nothing but Bob Wischusen, the Jets radio announcer and pretty honest fuckin dude, said that the official was wrong its not just Jets fans.

Go read the other threads of the Jets fans blaming the playcalling, boneheaded plays, dropped passes and missed tackles for the loss.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"Brady Rule" is a great name for it. Not so much because it was insitituted because of him, but because he's the only one to get that call.

Same thing with the "tuck rule" when Sanchez was sacked and fumbled in OT, Simms mentioned it could be the tuck rule and I laughed my ass off because that rule only applies FOR New England, not against them.

17. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You guys are such pussies. All fans complain about the refs but Jet fans take to a new level that no other team comes close to matching.

Were Jet fans complaining about the refs when they allowed an obvious push off by Hill on a long pass that led directly to Jet TD. Were they complaining when the same ref called a much less obvious push off on Lloyd that helped keep the Jets in the game to there even was an overtime. Were they complaining all night when Fergeson had a stranglehold on Jones most of the night.

Where were the complaint THEN?

Its been explained over and over that what Cunningham did was NOT a penalty. Never will be a penalty, and was totally different from called where players put their shoulders into QB's knees.

Jet fans are relying on Jim Nance's observation that BB threw a flag. This is the same Jim Nance who was insisting the Jets had won the game after it was over. :rolleyes:

Where were the Jet fans insisting on a flag being thrown on Cromartie on his dropped interception play when he was clearly grabbing the receiver's shirt ALL the way down the sidelines

OH! I get it. The only bad calls that count are the ones against the Jets. Bad calls against the other team are really good calls in disguise :rolleyes:

Grow a pair Jet fans. There are "bad calls" every game that go for and against your team. Players and coaches make mistakes all the time, why is it shocking when officials do. In fact, I'm sure the percentage of mistakes officials make is much lower than the one players make.

When are you going to come to the realization that that sh!t is part of the game, and always has been. No one is singling out the Jets for harsher punishment. It just seems that way because they so rarely overcome them.....like good teams do.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

the officiating wasn't markedly worse or better than it typically is, and the calls were about even as far as which side got shafted. In other words the officials were about as mediocre as the teams on the field.

19. patfanken

patfanken Banned

You are really such an assclown whiner. Jet fans have such a short and selective memory. Otherwise they would know that in the SAME 2001 the Jets won a game because the "tuck rule" was called in the Jets favor, and IIRC about 4 or 5 other times that season BEFORE it was called in the Snowbowl game.

BTW- They may call it the 'Brady rule" but going into this year, Brady has been among the 10 QB's who have least gotten a roughing the passer flag (he has gotten one this year so far) I know that reality doesn't match Jet fans' image that you can't touch him, but its true. Then again the term "delusional Jet fans" didn't happen by accident.

It can't be a pleasant place in that imaginary world you live in, BN. A world where everyone is out to get you, and nothing is ever your fault. :rolleyes:

20. patfanken

patfanken Banned

THANK YOU for bringing some sanity to this thread.

.......and now feel free to say something mean and nasty to/or about me. :wink: