Sanchez is clutch (plus other random musings)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Oct 22, 2012.

1. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

The man plays his best football in the fourth quarter, when coming from behind and in the playoffs. It is mind boggling why he is unable to consistently channel those abilities quarters 1-3. Is there anything the coaching staff can do to get good sanchez to show up more often?

-Mcknight is a tough S.O.B, a threat to take it back every time he returns a kick and undoubtedly deserving of at least 40% of the carries. It is beyond me why the jets dont have him in the game on every third down. When sanchez checks down to green, its a 50/50 % chance for a catch and a 100% chance of getting tackled by the first defender. Mcknicht, it's a 100 & chance of a catch and a better than 50% chance he'll make the first man miss. Open your eyes' tony and rex.

-Malone and folk have been godsends. Hopefully we have our kicking situation set up for the next 10 years.

-Kerley runs ridiculously sharp routes, has great hands, and is all heart. Reminds me so much of two other recievers around here who used to wear #'s 80 & 89

-The Jets have no choice but to keep keller. He's as reliable as they come. He may disappear for long stretches and some people around here have questioned his toughness but the drop off between him and cumberland is astounding, + cumberland is made of paper.

-Davis looks like he has all the makings to become a playmaker/leader of this defense. Reminds me quite a bit of vilma his first couple of years with the jets, before the regime change.

-Jets run defense has improved, it looks like rex is figuring out what was wrong early on the season and i expect the trend to continue. The run defense numbers always tend to end up in rex's favor towards the end of the year and im fairly confident that will be the case again.

-Secondary is legit, even without revis. Our safetys are hard hitters, bell is good in coverage, cromartie is playing lights out, wilson has stepped up & most importantly, trufant looks like he is capable in the slot when going up against welker/kerley types. The outside linebacking corps continues to be the achilles heel of the defense. Its unfortunate that one unit can weigh down what is an other wise solid group.

-I dont want to harp on the jets pats game any more considering we allowed a golden oppurtunity slip through our hands but it cannot go unsaid that, the pass interference called in over time on wilson from 25 yards away was one of the worst, if not, embarassing calls i've ever seen in my years watching sports. Say what you want to say about the defense but the bottom line is they stopped brady, in over time, and got robbed of that accomplishment by a referee who probably has a handful of KRAFTS $$ in his back pocket. Shameful.

-We are going to smoke the dolphins the way we smoked the colts. A rookie quarterback, playing way over his head is not coming into our home turf and throw the ball against our secondary. If we stop bush we win by two scores. If we dont, we squeak out a win in the fourth and head into the bye where we all hoped to be based on our early shedule.

#1 GangGreen04, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Robert Malone is the best punter the Jets have ever had in my life. I hope he can continue to be this awesome. Folk has also been great so far.

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets D is going to lay a beating on Bush because of his 'karma" quote on Revis.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Whatever is going on with Sanchez is self-contained. The personnel around him is not good but he then either makes things better occasionally or worse more often. I would say the last gasp with a talent like Sanchez is just let him call the plays in the huddle and try to work up-tempo off of that. This would let him call the plays he is feeling and in theory get off on the right foot at the snap. Too often he looks off-kilter from the moment the play starts.

Then he either fails or succeeds in a completely self-contained manner.

Having watched him now for 3 and a half seasons I'm fairly sure that the flaws are partly mental and partly mechanical. The mental side is mostly his inability to take acceptable losses on a play, which often result in unacceptable ones instead. The mechanical side is too complex to explain easily but it revolves around timing and accuracy. Too many throws behind the receiver with too much mustard on them is the main problem.

#4 Br4d, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. dainfamusgc

dainfamusgc Active Member

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

Take this for what it is: Last 3 games in NE @Patriots, Sanchez has 688 yards with 6 TDs, 1 INT and a 104.8 rating. #Jets #nyj

6. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

pats d sucks but got to give credit where its due, sanchez has stepped up against them

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Clutch players are the ones that almost lead game winning drives?

8. JAG

JAG New Member

Yeah sure give that credit, the Pats D have also made Orlofsky, Young, Palko and a numbers of others look legit

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

One could say the 4th quarter comebacks are a result of his 3 quarter inconsistency....

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He gave the team a 26-23 lead with under 2 minutes left despite millions of team mistakes. Please.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Funny I thought the special teams got us that FG off the fumble?

Clutch players make the plays at the end when the game is on the line.

And they certainly dont flop the ball on the ground to end the game. Thats called "a lame player".

12. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Nailed it on the head right there. Clutch QBs also dont fumble when the pass rusher causing the fumble is right in front him. They also dont take 10 yard sacks in the 4th quarter when they have 9 seconds to throw it away and make their FG kicker kick a more difficult kick.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Funny you say this considering Aaron Rodgers, did the same exact thing against the Cardinals in his playoff debut. Is Aaron Rodgers not clutch?

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

In three games with Keller, Sanchez has completed 58 of 86 passes (67.4 percent) for 676 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions. In four games without Keller, Sanchez completed 58 of 132 passes (43.9 percent), 777 yards, three TDs and five interceptions.

Keller has a huge impact on Mark or just coincidence??

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Aaron Rodgers is not Mark Sanchez. Making critical errors to lose games is something only Sanchez is capable of doing so yes, Aaron Rodgers is clutch even though he did the same thing Sanchez did. Sort of.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

He loves Keller. Even NFLN called Keller Sanchez's "binky".

17. Louis

Louis New Member

Since 2006, the five worst QBs in the NFL by passer rating (which is, yes, flawed) in the fourth quarter when tied or down by a TD with at least 145 attempts in those situations have been...

1. Philip Rivers (59.9)
    2. Kyle Orton (60.6)
    3. Mark Sanchez (60.9)
    4. Matt Cassel (69.1)
    5. Jason Campbell (69.7)

Calling him clutch is a bit of a myth to be honest, though I understand why some may think it.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

every QB fumbles. basic element of logic -- it isn't the similarities that are relevant when comparing two factors, it is the differences.

so, absent of the fact that both Rodgers and Sanchez have incidents of fumbles that have lost games, please tell us how similar the performance and careers of Sanchez and Rogers are, because you are clearly trying to say they must be similar because they both have fumbled if Rogers doing so is somehow a defense of Sanchez doing so.

go.

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Or it’s because Keller played against:

Buffalo – 26th ranked pass defense

Indy – 6th ranked pass defense but Sanchez only completed 11 passes for 90 yards

New England – 31st ranked passing defense

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sanchez has ended the last two losses on the last drive of the game with turnovers in the 4th qtr with under 2:00 to go against the Texans and now the Patriots,to be considered clutch in the 4th qtr it has to be in more then 1 game a season, Sanchez is not clutch Eli Manning is clutch, I don't get where this "Sanchez is Clutch" MYTH started from