Very proud of this team right now!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012.

1. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

All the whiners complaining about this loss should lighten up and realize that the Jets were 10 to 12 point underdogs in this game and they had the Patriots fans biting their nails to the very last second of the game up there. I am damn proud of the way this team played yesterday! No team plays a perfect game, the Giants could have lost yesterday too if Cruz doesn't catch that ball Eli put up on a wing and prayer at the end. The difference was Eli got the protection when he really needed it and Sanchez didn't. The fumble at the end is totally on the O-line, not Sanchez, but even so this team played GREAT up there!

Nobody... and I mean NOBODY gave the Jets a chance to even make this game interesting yesterday, let alone actually having a chance to win it in overtime. The sportstalk guys didn't think so, the sports writers didn't thinks so, the oddsmakers didn't think so, AND WE DIDN'T THINK SO EITHER (just read the posts leading up to the game).

This team went up to Gillette, took on a desperate Patriots team that just came off another heartbreaking 1 point loss (their second one this year), and gave that team every last thing they could handle and more! Took them to overtime! NOBODY expected that before this game! NOBODY! I am damn proud of the way this team played yesterday, THEY WAY OVERACHIEVED, and nobody should feel bad about it right now.

The Jets went up to Gillette and took a desperate Patriots team to overtime WITHOUT REVIS, HOLMES, POUHA, SMITH, and a bunch of other banged up players! What the hell do we have to be ashamed of! I'm damned proud of this team right now, DAMN PROUD!

#1 BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. McBayne

McBayne New Member

Yep, rough loss but I took a lot away from it. When I switched to NBC for SNF and saw Dungy yap about how it was a bad loss and they're going to look at the mistakes and kick themselves, well, he was just wrong.

I don't think this has to do w/ expectations and whether the Pats were the biggest vegas favorite of the week. Or that if XYZ happened or didn't happen, then the Jets would have the W. The youngsters on D looked great, Hilliard makes the run game that much better, loved the playcalling, and don't miss Holmes one iota and not sure I want him back. Pats have all the tools on offense to gash the jets d and they didn't do it until the Jets decided to play prevent defense in the last minutes and allow for the 10-15yrd pass up the middle to be there for the taking. This game makes me feel a whole lot better on the rest of the season, Miami, and a bye week right before the game that Jets probably need the most prep for. Between what I saw today and the mediocrity in the AFC, I don't have the "sky is falling" feeling that I did 2 weeks ago

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I see the same posts after the Colts / Steelers games ...I love the Sentiment as this team means so much to me...stayed up til 8am Singapore time ( with a meeting at 10am) to watch another heartbreaker..but for once...just once...

I want us to be THAT team that pulls out the win....not the hard luck , shoulda coulda team...

4. Marty G

Marty G Member

Got about 3 hours sleep after watching that but have to say I loved it.
    Keep playing like that and we'll be the ones winning the close ones

5. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I just don't understand these kinds of posts. And no offense to BillyGreen or anyone else who thinks this way but to me, personally, this is the kind of thing that losers say.

This is another game we should have won and didn't. We had chance after chance to win this and be in firm control of the division but once again, questionable playcalling shows up, lack of execution shows up at crucial moments and I'm supposed to be proud of that?

I'm not one for moral victories and patting myself on the back for a good effort, that's just meaningless to me. And maybe this will get me labeled as a hater or some other ridiculousness and so be it but I really don't see anything to be proud of.

We didn't lose as badly as people thought we would? That just makes it worse.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

nfl teams have a riduclously short window o opportunity if you dont have a franchise qb..see the 2009-10 jets....if you dont have the Brady factor you have to be a well coached and disciplined team...we arent and whilst yeah it was great not to be blown out....to lose when you should win is unacceptable regardless of how you get there

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Sorry but the Jets don't get credit for moral victories. Too much baggage.
    We've got to put wins on he board

8. The_W

The_W Banned

This.

A win is a win and a loss is a loss. This game weighs as much as the 34-0 blowout handed to us by the 49ers (actually more as this was a divisonal game), both are losses. Actually this stings even more as we we're the better team on the field, but lost thanks to inept coaching and lack of execution on critical situations.

The bottomline is that this team should be 5-2, riding a 3-game win streak, instead we're 3-4 with another division game coming up, and at best heading to the latter half of the season at 4-4. It is a long way till the playoffs from there, or the division lead. Playoff seeds or division titles aren't determined on moral victories, but real actual Ws.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm tired of moral victories. We should have won this game, PERIOD.

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Proud?

a very average pats team that has collapsed in every close game they have been in tried their best to give us a win and we refused to take it. we had a chance to win this game on offense, on defense, and again on offense in overtime. and we turtled in all 3 instances.

the coaching was awful.

the offense picked it up late in the 4th but overall wasnt very good

the defense was good, cant really harp on them even though they missed a chance to close out the game.

im pissed as hell. that loss could have changed the course of our season. 3-0 in the division and 1 game up on everyone. instead we are now in last in the division, a losing record, and really a huge uphill climb to get into playoff contention

11. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

You guys are out of control... Whoever said there's no such thing as moral victories has no idea what they're talking about. There ARE moral victories in life! Losing doesn't always make you a loser if you get some respect from it and set yourself up for future success. Thomas Edison failed and failed and failed before he finally invented that damned lightbulb, but with every failure he learned something. Yes there ARE moral victories in life, whoever tells you there aren't is full of it.

The Jets got themselves some RESPECT yesterday. They got respect from the Patriots and the league. Everyone expected a blowout loss like the 45-3 debacle we all suffered through, but instead the Jets smacked them in the mouth in their own house and they had to rely on their field goal kicker to win it for them, NOT BRADY!

Yes you CAN gain something from a loss. Don't let anyone ever tell you that you can't! That was a damn fine game and the Jets get bigtime respect for it! I'll tell you this, the Pats aren't looking forward to playing us again at Metlife in a few weeks... Who would have thought that before?

Hold your heads up Jets fans, that was a damn fine effort yesterday. DAMN FINE!

12. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Sorry but I found this loss especially hard to swallow. The JETS lost this game, the Pats didn't beat them.

Which in my opinion makes it even worse.

That being said, I don't think we have the talent to compete right now so I'm not angry or anything.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sorry guys but after 30+ years of living and dying with this team - i do not subscribe to moral victories at all.

nuff said

14. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Should have won it? Dude you were down by 10 points in the 4th quarter, who let who back in the game? Then the Pats had to rely on their FG kicker to win it for them and they all had their fingers crossed the whole time.

The Jets had a very banged up team going into this game. No Revis, No Holmes, No Pouha, No Smith, and a whole bunch of rookies and banged up players AND YOU SAY WE SHOULD HAVE WON IT??? What planet are you on? LOL! We should have been BLOWN OUT! TOTALLY BLOWN OUT!!!

Very proud of this group of players for not just conceding the game from the start and looking forward to Miami and getting back to 4-4. Instead they went up there an actually tried to win the game. Who thought that before the game... NONE OF YOU!

15. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Well if you do not subscribe to moral victories then you are not going to get very far in life, because life has it's share of failures and losses, the only thing that matters is what you can learn from it and how it sets you up for victory in the future. You CAN gain something from a loss, especially when the chances are slim.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

This was not a game we 'should of won but didnt because we suck'.

This is a game we 'should of gotten blown out 45-3 but didnt because we're actually a pretty good team'.

I see the glass half full.

We beat a rookie QB at home next week, and beat the Pats at home Thanksgiving night and we win the AFCE.

Can't say I'm really pissed.

17. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

- Winston Churchill

Now THERE'S a man who knows the meaning of NEVER GIVING UP even in the face of great odds... I suggest a few of our Jets brethren could learn a few thing from this man.

#17 BillyGreen, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

this is pro football. not pre-school. the only victories that count are actual ones.

im glad thomas edison learned from his failures. but you know what happens in the NFL when you fail and fail and fail? you miss the playoffs and finish with a losing record. you know what lesson comes with that? that when you fail 2 years in a row people lose their jobs.

we didnt gain any "respect" around the league. if anything it was "same old jets" finding a way to lose.

the pats tried to give us that game. we wouldnt take it. and worst off our coaching staff played scared.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The Jets played pretty well and should have won the game. Lots of mistakes to clean up and improve on before the next game. But overall a good effort and tough loss in OT.

20. The_W

The_W Banned

Did you fucking watch the game at all, or did you just check out the score in the morning? The Jets had NE by the balls with two minutes remaining but decided to pussy it out and just try to run some clock. They were inside the Patriots 20 and needed just one first down to close out the game. Instead the coaching staff played not to lose, disgusting and pathetic. That is not a time to go conservative. When you have the ball inside the opponents 20 with 2.00 in tje clock and they still have all their TOs left, you need to go for the jugular, not pussy it out.

The Jets were clearly the better team on the team, but they got outcoached so bad it isn't even funny. They didn't get outcoached by BB, but by themselves. Rex and his rah rah attitude and bravado proved to be just a mere shell as he started to resemble more like good ol' Herm, and Sporano seems to be everything the Dolphins fans warned us about, happy settling for field goals.

I don't know about you, but I as hell won't accept defeat, especially to the Pats and espescially as we had all the tools for victory but decided to give it away. Espescecially by such a disgusting showing by the coaching staff and the play calling.