Sanchez just sucks... just sucks. (all Sanchez complaints here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew

Drew Active Member

Shitty quarterback who is inaccurate = shitty playcalls

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

People say this, but how did Sanchez affect the playcall to throw on 3rd and 1 at the two out of shotgun? If Sanchez was as bad as you say, wouldn't that have led to a run play which would been a great playcall?

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte New Member

Chad Pennington's arm was weak due to injuries, but, IMHO, I believe that he was, mentally, a better QB than Mark Sanchez.

Man, I'd like to see Sanchez mature into a being a great QB

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

stfu and dif. Sanchez probably played his best game of his career, albeit an underthrown pass.

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah

Great QB's get wins- someway, somehow, with any staff- I have been seeing it for 30+ years

Sanchez is poor to average at best, and the next several years will be yet another Super Bowl-less period - not exactly going out on a limb here

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yes, great QBs win games, but Sanchez isn't meant to be great. Its the D thats meant to be great while the offense compliments it. Its these kinda games where the defense is supposed to make a stop towards the end.

7. Tight

Tight Active Member

I thought mark played a great game today... hill catches that ball and were all saying Mark is finally turning the corner.. Guy looked good today. Hes taking longer then we want for the lightbulb to go off, I think its coming.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Defense got the stop... special teams got to stop. Offense has to put nail in coffin

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Special teams got a turnover, but also gave up 7. even there. The defense couldn't stop Pats on the final drive, or slow them down. The offense played soft after the ST turnover. The blame should go on the CS for playing soft.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I believed that if Sanchez pulled this game out, the Tebow talk would have completely died.

11. Moonshine

Moonshine New Member

This board seems to be divided in two groups. Sanchez haters and decorated members of Sanchez' Nuts Fan Clubs. Its like Republicans and Democrats.

Some of you can't admit Sanchez had a good night if he threw for 600 yards, 5 TDs, in the super bowl, in a winning effort, banged a set of twins, and they were tens, and you're mom, hit the lottery, and it doubled it up in the stock market.

And the rest of you honestly believe that he'll do all that someday.

Look, friends... Sanchez has been the QB to take the Jets to two straight AFC championship games in his rookie year. That's pretty impressive.

However his stats are not. They're mediocre. He's a mediocre guy.

And the thing about mediocre QBs is they mirror their team.

Two perfect examples. Alex Smith and Matt Schaub. Wouldn't call either of them good, wouldn't call them bad either. When they had bad teams they sucked. Their teams paired them up with top defenses, stud running backs, and gave them some weapons. Abra-cadabra... super-bowl favorites.

Im all for improving the QB position, but Sanchize isn't bad enough for me to just say chuck him and we'll see how it goes with whoever we can sign in FA. If there's a better option grab it, but right now there isn't.

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

There's not a QB the Jets could possibly get that could make up for all the shortcomings on this team.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think people would complain much if those were his average or slightly above average stats on a consistant level. However, when compared to his career or yearly average and that represents peak performance, that's the issue.

If mark had been selected lower in the draft I don't think things would be this harsh on him. However, he was selected #5, he's paid like a top 5 (at least in salary cap terms) and he performs as a bottom 1/4 QB with occasional glimpses. But let us not forget that this decent game came against one of the leagues bottom 1/5 pass defenses. z

Believe me I have no joy in critizing a Jets QB. But I'm not going to drink green koolaide either.

14. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

The approval rating for Sanchez right now is around 15% among Jets fans. There will always be a group of people defending Sanchez no matter how he does on the field.

He just isn't a good QB. The team does best when he has does less. That isn't a winning formula in the NFL.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Emotional Jets fans just suck... just suck...

He played a decent game, just made a couple mistakes. Receiver drops killed us today. Sanchez will always be the scape goat because people are too stupid to realize the TEAM wins and loses not Mark Sanchez. Did Sanchez allow Gronk that easy TD in the endzone? Did Sanchez make McCourty run back a TD, negating our first drive in seconds? Did he drop the pass that hit Hill right in the chest that could have won us the game? This game was very close against the Pats on the road. Most of you clowns predicted a Pats blowout and now they barely beat us and we should bench Sanchez now that the hardest part of our schedule is over. :lol: People need to grow up. We're not nearly in as bad shape as people think.

#675 Barcs, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Oh god not the "did Sanchez _____, or did Sanchez _____" argument. I think Mark played well for the most part. But part of being a so called franchise qb is that they are supposed to win you games through tough adversity. Kinda like what Brady did yesterday.

You didn't think things happened against the Pats that could have been reasons for their loss? Like McCourty fumbling the kickoff return, or Lloyd and Welker dropping all those passes? But when they needed it the most Brady got the job done. When the Jets needed it Sanchez fumbles the ball on a sack.

17. SackAttack

SackAttack Member

The last play just re-emphasizes how he has no pocket awareness and how he just looks in one direction while locking on to one side of the field.

HE JUST DOES NOT HAVE IT. He will be a backup in the NFL within 2 years.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Sanchez had great stats, he did not play a good game. 2 fumbles, an INT at the Patriots 2 to a WR that was wide open. He constantly throws the ball too high, never hits guys in stride. Missed and absolutely unbelievably wide open Rueland which would have been a TD. Took a sack on 3rd and 7 with the game on the line (albeit shitty call) he still doesn't protect the ball. One or two good drives don't equate to the type of game a franchize QB should have in the biggest spot of the season. He is costing us games with his poor play and I absolutely disagree that this team would not have an extra 2 wins if we had a better QB. You replace Sanchez with Matt Hassleback and this is a 5 win team right now. Mark doesn't have it. At some point you have to stop blaming everybody but him (I don't mean you personally just in general)

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

:rofl:

The sad truth is you might be right. I loved that last play of the game. He lost the game because his head is up his ass. You like that? You want to pat him on the butt? The guy SUCKS. He lost a game we should have won. Go ahead and knob slobber this loser if you want to. I've had enough.

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The biggest issue with Sanchez is between the ears. He's a stupid QB who has trouble reading defenses, throws directly into impossible coverages and doesn't understand the basic concept of taking care of the ball. When you're falling backwards with D-linemen draped around your waist, that's not the time to be trying to extend your arm in a throwing motion. It's time to grab the damn ball and hold it against your body. The same mistakes over and over again. He's not a smart guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.