Anyone else think Demario Davis and Quinton Coples

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ozymandias, Oct 5, 2012.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Start them both. This year should be considered a rebuilding year because there's no way we're even smelling the playoffs.

2. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Coples, Davis, Powell and every other young player should get playing time. Give them a chance to get better by playing. Game experience is the best teacher. Practicing with 2nd/3rd team doesn't make you better. Playing with better players then yourself makes you better. Who knows. Might be a diamond in the rough in jets camp. Perfect time to discover that diamond.

3. Mr. Green Pants

We're four weeks into the season, have a .500 record, two division wins, and play in a league filled with teams that are just as up and down as we are. It's way too early to wave the white flag and go into talent evaluation mode.

4. Revis Now Redux

Revis Now Redux Active Member

Demario needs to be our OLB. We need speed on the outside and this guy is a freak athlete. Pace/Thomas aint getting it done.

5. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

Thoughts on Coples through 5 weeks and the start of todays game. He appears slow on the field. Lost at times, and appears to play with a high pad level. He's getting pushed off his block easily.

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Coples looked good today. If it wasn't for the play where he unnecessarily threw Luck to the ground by his facemask, he'd have had 2 sacks.

7. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

Definitely happy for the sack, still concerned with him simply getting pushed out of the play and lining up late. I know he's a rookie, still expect him to push the pocket more.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Coples with another half a sack to cap off a very good game.

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

The dline was great today. Allowed the blitzing to be effective.

10. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

1.5 sacks for Coples. Had a few other pressures I saw. Very solid game for the rook.

11. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

He is thinking instead of reacting. His pad level will get down with reps and practice. He was doubleteamed alot today.

12. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

What is Demario Davis' full time position? This moving him all around inside and outside makes me wonder if Manti Te'o is the guy to draft next year in the mid-teens (should we end up there).

I would have preferred Melvin Ingram last year and then Manti Te'o next year.

13. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

both had great games. i expect to see a lot more of them the rest of the way out. they are definitely proving they are ready to be on the field.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Coples had a big sack yesterday until he decided to grab Luck's face mask on the way down for no reason because he didn't have to,They will see more time agains't Brady I expect Maybin will as well

15. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

I agree Coples always seems to be standing straight up, but he also gets in the backfield A LOT. With some more coaching I feel like this kid and MoWilk are going to be studs on our D line for a long time.

16. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

If they had started the year and struggled we'd either be calling them busts or saying they're not ready to start on a win-now team and should be given time to develop at the NFL level. Instead it's the coaching staff's foolishness not to play them earlier.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

These two guys were amazing today.. Coples routinely gets doubled.. Davis is a sound tackler and knows how to get off a block.. Unfortunately rex had davis on welker alot today for some odd reason.

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah im impressed. if we get a serious OLB threat to apply pressure with the way coples takes up blocks we'll have an amazing pass rush