Kyle Wilson....1st rd pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Sep 30, 2012.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

2. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

Okay, we all know that Wilson is nowhere near good enough to have the role that he has at this time. However, he WAS drafted with our first round pick for a reason. That means he has the talent and potential to be what we all wanted him to be.

I may be the only one who thinks this way, but does anybody else think that him starting on the outside can give him the experience each game that would eventually cause progress in his play? Sure, he will get burned and give up big plays here and there, but so what? This season seems to be doomed anyway.

Each game Wilson will get that experience he needs, and that will lead to him learning how to fix the mistakes he makes. He'll get to watch his play as starting CB on tape and make adjustments accordingly.

#62 TheJetLife, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

One of the reasons the Jets are in bad need of new management is that the new guys will have no blinders on and no investment in the players on the roster.

Blowing things up is only really possible if the people responsible for the flaws on the roster are no longer in a position to protect their pet projects and the players they put a lot of their prestige behind.

The best way I can explain this is to give you an analogy from personal experience. I played Magic: the Gathering early on when the game was new in the early to mid 90's. I was actually quite a good player and regularly finished in the top 4 of 32 to 64 player tournaments. I won many of them and lost in the finals often. I had a rep for being a finisher and for about a year I was very strong.

Then the game changed some and different deck types than my favored types began to dominate. I dropped from a top player to a middle of the pack player almost overnight. I couldn't get back on top after that because my idea of what worked was no longer valid for top of the line play.

Now, nearly 20 years later, I still play MTG online and occasionally at a tourney. I'm even worse now than I was in the phase after I dropped out of the top brackets. My idea of how to build a deck is not valid at this point but every time I go to build a deck I still start from the same basic set of assumptions that I developed in 1994 when I was owning the joint on a regular basis.

I recognize that this is a failed set of assumptions but even when I look at the net decks and there are a lot of successful lists online they don't look right to me. Something triggered in my brain as I was learning Magic for the first time and the successes that came with that locked it in.

The current Jets FO is locked in to bad practices and they got just enough reinforcement over the years that those things aren't going to go away.

Terry Bradway cannot find a good offensive skill player for his life. The Jets have not drafted a single great offensive skill player in the 12 years now that Bradway has been involved in the process - he just doesn't know what those guys look like. He keeps looking for the next Larry Johnson or Trent Green and those guys are no longer relevant to modern NFL football.

Terry Bradway cannot find a good pass rusher for his life. 12 years of drafts and no good pass rushers. I don't know who he is locked on from the KC days but whoever it is they are no longer relevant to modern NFL play.

We're seeing the same bad decisions and evaluations made over and over again and the result is we're completely capped on both offense and defense. That's not going to change until Terry Bradway has left the building.

#63 Br4d, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

By your logic, Dewayne Robertson is a good player "bc he was picked in the first round so he has talent". Smfh.

This kid was clueless from the second he stepped on the field. Boise State is a smoke and mirrors program and this kid doesn't have the physical or mental ability to start in this league. It was obvious from the jump!

As far as Revis: not only is he the best player on th team, he's the best Jet ever. Instead of worrying about him in terms of cost cutting, perhaps the team could look towards:
    - its highly paid worst QB in football
    - its highly paid not-good-at-anything and overrated MLB
    - its highly paid LT who ever since restructuring looks awful
    - its highly paid malcontent #2 receiver who bc of ONE CATCH was paid like a 1
    - its highly paid #2 CB who is good but replaceable at that cost
    - its highly paid old, slow LB core who destroy our cap and can't play anymore
    - its league minimum production RB and TE who get paid more than league minimum

Other than Mangold, Wilkerson, Moore, Slauson, Devito, and Pouha, the entire team is grossly overpaid, but people still want to go cheap on the greatest player we ever had?????

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

I think hes legit

6. Tight

Tight Active Member

Better and Better every week. Masterpiece game today... Gotta give him his props.

7. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

played great today.