Sanchez plays BETTER without 1st String

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JaxSuzy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I know he fumbled at the end, but give Sanchez credit for a great, close game. And doesn't he seem to be getting better as player after player gets injured and out?

2. Marty G

Marty G Member

Totally agree.

3. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah. There's no shame in this loss - it was such a close game, against our nemesis the PATS, and we almost, almost won it. Against the PATS.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Almost isn't good enough. If the Jets wanted almost to be good enough they shouldn't have taken 3 out of the first 5 against the Pats because 0-3 since then is looking like a reversion to form, which is what the team looks like generally at this point.

5. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

No shame? Moral victories are for college and high school games. We either win or lose, we lost this game. No more complaining either, calls go both ways.

6. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Apart from the defense choking at the last minute

They managed to contain brady & Co. without revis
    Our D stopped the nfl's best offense without our best player

I am extremely enraged for losing this game, but i have a good feeling about this team man

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The biggest thing I see is the offense clicking as a unit so much better without Holmes. I am so happy with where Kerley is heading on this team. I think we are going to get this thing dialed in and were going to start pulling out some quality wins.

8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

This, no Holmes better o.

9. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

Good feeling? The Jets are at the bottom of the league for skilled position talent and our best defensive player who changes games is out for the year. The NFL is all about the next man up with regards to injuries but you can only sustain so many before it all starts to fall apart.

The Jets don't blitz the same without Revis so the pass rush will suffer all season. I do NOT feel good about this team. When an opponent like NE is having an off game you have to beat them, no excuses otherwise.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

But is it an off game, or where NE is now headed? That means they had multiple off games against SEA and us. A bad game against BAL and ARZ also. so 50% of their games this year, have been "bad" games.

11. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

OK..so we lost to an average team..that is worse then.

12. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah, that's what I'm seeing too. But then again, I'm a new Jets fan so I don't know if this rollercoaster is something new or the way Jets' seasons usually go.

13. sanchise

sanchise Member

Lessons from this game:

Quinton Coples is good, he needs to play all downs.

Demario Davis and Dowtin -- we need more players like them.

Cromartie is maturing very well.

Jeremy Kerley is important to this team.

Without Keller, the Jets are nowhere.

I can now trust Nick Folk

Stephen Hill dropped a key pass, and he'll drop more

Don't receive kickoffs in the god darn 5 yard line, let it bounce into the end zone

14. displacedfan

Not really. You are running circles now. The offense looked good and the defense looked good the majority of the game. Thankfully we only play one more QB like Tom Brady the rest of the season, Tom Brady. If we can put performances like this more often, we are looking at 10-6 and 9-7 which could be enough for the WC and on an outside chance, good enough for the division

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The same can be said for the D....they're injured and playing better.

When your scheme isn't focused on a certain player or player, I think it makes you less predictable.

Cromartie is maturing in his 7th pro season? OK....I didn't know it takes rookies 7 years to figure it out...

The Jets were 3-3 pretty much without Cromartie and Jeff Cumberland played some good football. Not sure why you're saying this. Keller is a good player and an important piece of the offense, but he's not the entire offense and never has been.

If you don't catch a kickoff and it doesn't go out of bounds, he ball is live and you will give up TDs and turnovers. Maybe you mean punts. Punts aren't kickoffs.

#15 Jtuds, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  16. displacedfan

Jets season are roller coasters. Games are rarely easy or relaxing. The games will be close, the defense, offense, and ST will all frustrate you at point. Against all odds, we will play good and win. With all odds, we will throw up a stinker. In big games, we can rarely get a good performance for all 4 quarters from all 3 units.

Frustratingly fun to watch

17. vonbonds

vonbonds Member

Time will tell but we won't sniff the playoffs in my opinion. Not enough game breakers on offense and virtually no pass rush on defense. I don't know how anyone can be positive about this team other than a fan wearing rose colored glasses.

18. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

He plays better without the 1st string, which is why Ducasse needs to become the starter.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

How are the Jets at the bottom of the league for skill position talent? Is that with everyone healthy or with what we have now?

I know you are saying that because you read it on ESPN or SI or something, but don't you realize the guys who write that stuff get their knowledge from looking at stats, not by watching film or actually having played in the NFL? The Jets are not at the bottom of the league for skill position talent. Not even close. Keller, Kerley, Hill, and McKnight are very athletic players and Cumberland and Schilens are solid contributors. They're not a top tier group but they are certainly middle of the pack.

And how was the pass rush better with Revis? We are getting better pressure without him. I don't know what you're watching. I don't think you do, either.

#19 Jtuds, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  20. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Pats did not have a "off" day, our team played well

and i have a good feeling cause our schedule is pretty easy man
    If this team keeps playing like this against the rest of our opponents, you can expect a wild card in this weak AFC