Greene Rejuvenated?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Oct 17, 2012.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

curious- do you really not understand his first sentence?

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

so wait a second, all of a sudden after 3 years of running into the back of his own offensive linemen and showing a complete and total inability to make moves like a professional running back... NOW right NOW he decided he was going to change everything in a week period and is now AWESOME!!!!

yeah ok

[​IMG]

3. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

Per ProFootballFocus, Shonn Greene Broke ONE (1!!!) tackle through the first 5 weeks of the season. On Sunday, Greene broke EIGHT.

Outstanding performance by Shonn Greene against the Colts.

Also, interesting to note considering the praise Hilliard is getting in this thread: "Against the Colts [Hilliard] failed to get any movement with his lead blocking, regularly getting stood up as his running backs were forced to change direction."

#23 InRevisWeTrust, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I really think it was all about effort on his part. The lack thereof in the 1st 4 games. And the decision to finally go 100% in the Colts game.

Some guys need to have their proverbial ass kicked to get it moving. Maybe Green is one of those people.

Don't forget conditioning, the new CBA and the off season workout program. These guys are getting way less reps and training than ever before. They wanted it this way but their
    performances and durability will suffer. Greenes a chunky guy, maybe he also needed a few more weeks of practice to get his legs under him.

5. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

hes no where close to running like a top 5 running back the line made huge holes. he could have had so many more yards but his cut back and vision is terrible. He deff had a good game but and made some people missed but im still not impressed

6. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It was interesting to watch, you still saw a couple bad habits, but he really actually played differently no question. The one run he had to the outside, where he had an amazing cut upfield and broke somebody's ankles, he just didn't do that before. He would have just stayed in stride and let the defender get the angle on him. It was beautiful to watch, and I wish we got to see it more as Jet fans.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Patriots are allowing 78.2 yards per game on the ground. Greene rushing for 100 would be a feat. Rushing for 150 would mean he's one of the best backs in the league. He's not.

8. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I was joking with my friend that Greene must have read that ProFootballFocus stat before the Colts game and said "OH FUCK THAT".

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe he had a cup of coffee before the game.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Don't worry greeneforthree will real his ugly head again soon.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

#31 LeonNYJ, Oct 17, 2012
  12. KidFromNY

KidFromNY New Member

He's flat out SUCKED all season. Of course any hint of a decent game may look like a "rejuvenation." This Sunday should shed some more light on this subject.

IMO, he's garbage. Goes down once he's touched, consistently fails to bump to the outside, and is a major problem of this team. How can we base our offense on a run game, when we have a garbage running back? Tannenbaum needs to do something here.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with 80 to be honestly. The number of carries is obviously a huge factor. The only games he has 3.5ypc or more he had 25+ carries. Outside of that he's had two games with 2.1ypc, one 3.1ypc and one at 3.3ypc.

Although, to be fair, on his 3.5ypc and 5.0ypc games his opponents were the Bills and Colts.

I could see 25 carries for 80 yards which is 3.2ypc. Not spectacular but this is the Pats and not the Bills or Colts. If we are going to beat the Pats (which I doubt) we're going to have to beat them through the air because of their poor secondary...unfortunately we have poor receivers and our QB isn't exactly killing it right now. If anything this game will probably make the Patriots secondary look good.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

If we had a true feature back we would have the best 1-2 punch in the league, true ground 'n pound philosophy and play to our defensive strength.

The way Jets football should always be played.

Fuck the passing game. Give me a strong defense and running game. Last week was so much fun to watch.

A strong running game helps in so many other areas of your offense and defense. Chad Pennington, the best ball faking qb the jets ever had made a killing with cm as his back. Ball faking, getting the defense to commit and beating over the top. Pennington use to turn his entire back to the D carrying out his fakes. I though sanchez had it in him.

#34 JetsVilma28, Oct 17, 2012
  15. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Two things occured I think...

1) The line was pumped up to play against a poor rush defense.

2) Greene was finally told not to worry so, so much about fumbling but rather to go out and make moves and get yards.

The combo of these two we saw on Sunday.

16. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna let one game get me excited about shonn. Especially when we got a big battle at NE coming up...if he runs well again vs. their good run D, then we can start talking about a possible rejuvenation. Until then, lets take a deep breath and hope.

17. KidFromNY

KidFromNY New Member

"I'm not gonna let one game get me excited about shonn. Especially when we got a big battle at NE coming up...if he runs well again vs. their good run D, then we can start talking about a possible rejuvenation. Until then, lets take a deep breath and hope."

That's exactly what I said. Let's face it Green sucks. He has sucked all year. Goes down instantly on contact, never bounces outside, god forbid he breaks a damn tackle.

Let's wait and see till this Sunday. Regardless, I think he has proven that he is not the one for this team, and the GM better do something about it because newsflash you need a god damn RB in this league.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I cannot get overly excited about last week,,,,,it was the colts and they play the run horrific ! I hope Greene can go nuts against the pats ,,, I mean we have to keep Brady off the field but I just don't see Greene going off this week. I think we will see what Grimes has this week,, time will tell

19. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

He was rejuvenated. You hear that? Rejuvenated. He was juvenated before, lost it... and got juvinated again. Rejuvenated!

[​IMG]

20. laxin

laxin Active Member

We can not call ourselves "set" at RB. Greene is going to be 28 after this season, and he had literally 1 fucking game where he played well out of the past 10+ games. We played against a pretty shitty team and even if Greene plays well the rest of the season, we arent set.

God, is this one game really going to change people's minds on him? His lack of vision, inability to make more than ONE person miss on 80 touches, inability to play on 3rd down ect is inexcusable. It was questioned until last week if Greene would even be on an NFL roster next season. So PLEASE get ahold of yourself and dont even think about Greene as a good RB until he shows what he did Sunday for an extended period of time.

In my book, he's still shit until he proves otherwise for an extended period of time.