The Brooklyn Nets Inaugural 2012/2013 Season Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Drew, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Rofl...this is a hilarious post

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

In the last decade the Nets did make 2 Finals apps, won 9 playoff series, I think that's a little better than one playoff GAME in the last deacde- wouldn't you agree?

Wasn't it going to be Lebron in NY w/ the Knicks? they got carmelo and what a difference he has made leading them to one playoff win in years.:rofl2:

I don't dislike the Knicks but if there is a team in sports run more poorly than the knicks i'm not aware of them. 12 seasons w/ only 3 playoff apps and one playoff win- not one series one GAME. I want to see both teams do well but I have zero confidence in the Knicks organization run by Dolan.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm not touting the Knicks as some kind of model organization, the difference is they are criticized for what they do wrong and rightly so. The Nets always seem to get a pass on the basis that they are somehow headed in the right direction, even though they never actually head anywhere.

You can cite the 2002 and 2003 Finals all you want, they are completely irrelevant to what I'm talking about here. None of those people are still here, the team has moved, it has nothing to do with anything.

5. nyjunc

The Nets seem to get a pass b/c they have been irrelevant. There aren't many real Net fans and no one cares about them(that seems like it is changing in brooklyn though). Even when they made the Finals no one around here cared but they have cared more about the move and being competitive when they move the last few years so the teams weren't good but they should be good this year and going forward w/ a committed ownership group and a young star PG to build around. I don't love the GM but he's not terrible.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

my friend junc has a lot of valid points.

i do not understand how any jets fan can root for the knicks. it was dolan/msg/cablevision who sabotaged the jets domed stadium in manhattan, resulting in the same co-tennant situation with the giants. and, those of us upstate still have to listen to that " the jills are the only new york team in the nfl" crap! :buffaloblows:

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Because I started rooting for the Knicks/Rangers before that. If I can turn my fandom on and off then am I truly a fan?

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Going to Barclays tonight for the first time... will post a report on how it is. Can't wait. Can't believe the day has finally come.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Barry the Baptist is going that route with baseball. He will officially convert from a Mets fan to an Angels fan in March 2013. OhioPork converted from a Jets fan to a Browns fan in 2006.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

So Barclays is pretty awesome. Love the feel of it. It's obviously not Madison Square Garden but it's a way more modern obviously. My first impression walking in was that the hallways could be a little bit bigger... and upon the end of the show that was confirmed 100%. It was an absolute madhouse getting out of there.

First arena I've been to where there were actual metal detectors to get through.. complete with plastic bins to put your phone/wallet/hats etc in while you go through. Seemed like it would slow up everything, but their scanners on your tickets weren't working properly so it didn't...

I can't hate though since it was pretty much a technical rehearsal.. things will improve.. but the building has a lot of potential.. pretty awesome to say that we finally have an arena in Brooklyn.

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

this. unfortunate that it happened but ive been rooting for the knicks since i was a little kid. not gonna change now

12. displacedfan

I just wouldn't be able to do it unless my team left and cut ties like OKC did with Seattle. Without that, I couldn't change. Even if the Knicks moved to Vancouver, if they were still the Knicks and kept the jersey scheme I could root for them. If the name and colors changed, then I guess I would find a team eventually.

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Today is the day, let the fun begin at the Barclays center! Today marks the first day that the Nets will play at the Barclays Center, can't wait to take it all in, even though its only a preseason game!

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I thought about doing that with the Nets, I was going to get on board with the Clippers and then they went and got Paul. I said people would think I was jumping on the bandwagon and I wouldn't want that. I decided to stick with the Nets because they are stll the Nets and they only moved across the river.

As far as dumping the Mets , it has nothing to do with on field product and everything to do with Wilpon. I decided I was not going to support a team that has a bumbling idiot like that guy running things. MLB should have stepped in and taken the team away after the Maddoff fiasco like they did with McCourt and the Dodgers. The guy has no business owning an MLB franchise that plays in the media capital of the world. He shouldn't even run a team like the Indians or Astros let alone the Mets.

15. displacedfan

I have no problem with that. If James Dolan isn't there yet, he will be in 10-15 years as an owner

First game in the Barclay Center for Brooklyn tonight. Good luck guys, no injuries. And make sure to keep Iso Joe in check. If he can play like he did in PHX he is 100x more valuable if he plays like he did in ATL.

Hopefully we will meet you in the Eastern Conference finals :beer:

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Watched the highlights last night and they wore the black road uni's at home... they looked really good and the Barclay's Center looked incredible.

17. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Went to the game last night. The place is incredible and the vibe was exactly what I was hoping for. This much excitement around a preseason is one thing, once the regular season starts it should be insane.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It is funny how I like the Nets more now that they are out of New Jersey.

19. nyjunc

I didn't see an Islanders thread but they are announcing a move to the Barclay's Center today

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Even more Ranger fans at Islander games. Great move by a franchise that always seems to get it right.