MLB playoffs thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Yisman, Oct 5, 2012.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Wow...The Cards just won't go away...

Unreal comeback.

2. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

St.Louis with the come back. I would have rooted for the Nats, but really don't like what they did with Strasburg.

3. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Oh fuck me, I can't believe it! Wow, I swear it was over, just the worst closer I ever saw hahaha! Cardinals in the NLCS, four runs with 2 outs and no men on in the 9th.

Aw fuck, now I gotta get up at 5am and go to work. It was worth it.

#83 hiker, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  4. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

That sucks for the Nationals. If only they had an ace pitcher on their roster. Maybe could have a won a game, and have the series never get to a game 5. Could have made a difference. Maybe they will get a chance to draft the best collegiate pitcher, and he will be able to help them in the future.

5. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Sorry Nats fans -- that's gotta sting! Nats will be around for years and have another shot. The Cards have the experience factor. Amazing.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am stunned. Sucks to be here right now. Poor Nats. Man, DC sports has it BAD.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I went to bed right after the Yankess game. I will put on MLBN soon and laugh.

I got exactly what I expected and wanted- the Nationals losing a series by one game. Now we will all wonder for the rest of our lives if the Nationals would have gone on to win the World Series if not for being scared and stupid.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm happy for St. Louis and glad to see Washington out.

As I've been saying, there was a total disconnect between Rizzo and Johnson.

if you want to put an innings cap on, then the innings need to be treated like gold, not thrown away. Give him longer between starts, take him out in lopsided games, etc.

The overall way it was handled made zero sense regardless of what the goal was. Johnson several times left him in blowouts and he was being used every 5th day.

With Strasburg, Washington had the best team in the NL and maybe all of baseball. Without him, they were still formidable and a tough out.

9. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backpage/nationals_eliminated_team_world_2ku0T0dS4Eyw4GIGX1MrJJ

Nationals fans get World Series ticket presale e-mail hours after team is eliminated

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backp...am_world_2ku0T0dS4Eyw4GIGX1MrJJ#ixzz29EgVxlUo

As if blowing the biggest lead ever in a winner-take-all MLB playoff game wasn’t bad enough.
    Nationals season ticket holders received an e-mail at 7:01 a.m. Saturday morning announcing an exclusive World Series ticket presale Monday, according to the Nats Enquirer blog. The message was sent just hours after the Nationals blew a 6-0 lead to the Cardinals, ending their season Friday night in the decisive fifth game of the ALDS.
    No team had ever come back from even four runs down in a winner-take-all postseason game.
    MLB Advanced Media, not the Nationals, sent the e-mail, according to DC Sports Bog.
    “It was a stunningly stupid error on our part and we apologize to the Nationals and their great fans,” Bob Bowman, the president and CEO of MLB Advanced Media, told the blog in a statement.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/backp...am_world_2ku0T0dS4Eyw4GIGX1MrJJ#ixzz29EgeXbAP

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

^ that kind of stuff seems to happen with some team every year.

Anyway, since the NLCS is on FOX, it's at night (FOX has to carry football of course so their opening is Sunday night).

Embarrassing for baseball that most of their postseason each year is on cable, and blacked out for US/Canadian users of MLB.tv online.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That hurt to watch and I didn't even care who won. The one guy had a check swing I thought was going to be strike three.

Oh well, as a Jet fan I don't really feel bad for anyone ever.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Carlos Beltran winning a World Series with the Cardinals would just be insult to injury for Mets fans. Go Giants!

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I still have tickets for game one of the 2006 World Series right on the 3rd base line at the Oakland Alameada Coliuseum. Of course neither the A's or Mets made it.

I hate that guy and yes it absolutely would sting.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Suck it up if it happens. It will only be for a few months and then you will magically transform into an Angels fan. I think you'll lose some testosterone and respect in the deal too. But hey, you will root for strangers who might win more often than another bunch of strangers.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No it won't go away, none of my memories will be erased by dumping the Mets and rooting for a new team.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Don't agree at all about Beltran. He was probably the best position player the team ever had, and after so many Mets fans unjustifiably trashed him because he dared to take a close third strike, I wish him nothing but the best. He also is one of the best postseason hitters ever (he has the best HR/AB ratio in history), and even if he wasn't Astros-level for the Mets, he was still damn good (.978 OPS). I'm no fan of the Cardinals, but with La Russa gone I hate them less than I used to. If I root against them it has nothing to do with Beltran.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I want to see Beltran do good. I have no hard feelings towards him. He was not a sissy or an asshole when he played for the Mets.

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

badly blown call in the bottom of the 8th, when a Giant was clearly tagged out trying to avoid getting doubled off at first after a great catch by Jay. The umpire yells "no tag" but he was clearly tagged on the shoulder.

another "no man's land" play by St. Louis when Freese and Holliday converged and neither went after a popup down the LF line.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Holliday had a very late slide yesterday

Cain saying he's going to throw at him

I thought this was what got Hamels in trouble. (although Hamels said it after he did it, while Cain is saying it before)

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

it may be a tactic to have Holliday think too much at the plate.