AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Guess what I'm reading?

[​IMG]

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

^^^ Is it good?

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Yeah, it is. I recommend it for fans of the comic/show, or just zombie afficianados in general.

I'm 7 chapters in, typical zombie fare. Good writing, but any reader of the comics would know the co-writer had a heavy hand in this --especially in the narration. Kirkman just isn't a very good writer.

I'm enjoying it.

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

5. deerow84

Less than two weeks to go!

6. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Lots of credit to AMC for making this webisode thing. I actually really liked it more than most of season 2. Much more fast paced and exciting in an urban environment like in season 1. I think the show could use more escapes from the bullshit character arcs they have going on right now. I hope season 3 brings some fresh faces and stories.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I hope that season 3 brings us back to season 1 style. 2 was too drawn out and boring until the last few episodes. PLEASE don't make the same mistake so many shows before you have!!! Based on the comic, this season SHOULD be awesome.

8. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Im still pissed Dale died but happy Shane was slain

9. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

what??? dale dying was the single best thing to happen in the entire series. i couldn't stand that old bastard

10. deerow84

He was too whiny. Plus they only killed him off because the actor requested it after they canned Frank Darabont.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Dale was the only one who was somewhat sane. Single worst moment

12. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Well that was pretty damn awesome.

(SPOLIERS)

As soon as Hershel got bit, I started yelling "Cut off the leg! Cut off the leg!"

Love how Carl has become a badass killer (and has an older chick checking him out)

Looks to be a great season.

I went back a few weeks ago and watched Seasons 1 and 2 on bluray. One of the reasons I like re-watching a series in succession, is that you get a much better feels for the flow of the show than you do watching on a week-to-week basis.

The first observation that I made about the show is that contrary to popular opinion, the first season of TWD was not that great. The pilot was phenomenal, but the rest of the season never really seemed to have a clear direction. More than anything else, the first season just establishes the characters and defines the universe. Now, don’t get me wrong…I liked these episodes just fine, but they just don’t measure up to the pilot.

The second season…and especially the first half…took a lot of abuse. The beginning of the second season is definitely a byproduct of the internal struggles between show-runner, Frank Darabont, and AMC. It just seemed to be somewhat stalled. I kinda liken it to the early episodes of Season 3 of LOST (Jack, Kate and Sawyer locked up in cages). However, when watched in sequence, the first half of the season does not plod along as it seemed to on broadcast TV (true for both shows).

The once you get to the Sophia barn scene (the episode in which Glenn Mazzara took over), the whole show turns around. The second half of season 2 is just plain great. Another big observation I had was that the latter half of season 2 also attempts to recapture the cinematography of the pilot. One of the things that made the pilot great was the iconic imagery (Rick shooting the little girl zombie, the door in the hospital with hands coming out, Rick riding into Atlanta on a horse). Many of the late Season 2 scenes start to have some of these types of images.

Also, lots of people talk about the crappy acting. Let me tell you that Scott Greene as Hershel is fucking phenomenal. People may not have liked him because of the farm storyline, but that bar scene in "Nebraska" is awesome. He is really great. And there really isn't anything wrong with Rick, Shane, Daryl, Maggie or Glenn. You want to pick on the rest...well OK. But the ones I mention all do a fine job.

TWD is definitely back on the right track. Can't wait til next week.

#972 DeathByJets, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  13. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

GREAT first episode. Restored my faith in the show. Can't wait for next week. Between Homeland and TWD I'm getting my fix of action/suspense shows haha

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah halfway through last season I was starting to wonder, but the last 2 from last year plus this absolutely ass kicking start to season 3 makes it all better.

I love that everyone's treating Lori like the dead weight twat that she is.

15. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

she's the worst

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Carl is a little badass & Lori got put in her place... love where this show is going...

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Rick is finally manning up and doesn't get on my nerves anymore. Last season he would have spent a whole episode deciding whether to chop of Herschells leg

19. deerow84

Great first episode and sets up the next episode well with how it ended.

One thing that was very interesting is how little dialogue there was for long periods of time. I really liked that, seemed in previous years they just talked and talked and talked all of the time. I don't think a single word was spoken until after the first commercial break. Then again when the did the first sweep inside the cell block.

Overall I was very impressed by basically everything. The didn't spend a whole lot of time on Michonne so I assume they will explain more of her role in the episodes to come. She is a bad ass, although seems most people are already. Including Carl and T-Dawg, who has potential but has been too much of the background token black guy. Much more of contributor already.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The show still runs into problems with filler scenes.

The singing around the campfire is an example of this.

I'm not the biggest fan of the show, as I've posted before in this thread, but the series premiere was quite entertaining.

I stopped watching last season...did the premiere skip time through winter?