Why is suggesting Tebow Sacrilege?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by RMorin, Oct 3, 2012.

1. bobaru

bobaru Banned

Really want to argue against all that.... but, you provide a sharp perspective. Well put.

It's a bit of a defeated perspective, though. I'd like to think they're all professionals. Neh, they're supposed to be among the best coaches. Certainly, they have the ability to inspire, and to adapt, improvise and overcome. Giving up is not an option. ya don't put off for tomorrow, what needs done today-especially at 2-2.

It's time to address the hard questions. And make the tough decisions. And live and learn. Otherwise, why keep any of them around- even if you want to?

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I'm with you. No more wishy washy. Win or lose, go after the wins and tell anyone NOT willing or able, to take a seat and watch others play with heart and passion. Chase the prize with everything available, week by week and let the chips fall where they may. The 2012 football season is NOW! At least we will probably see some good football games.

#282 Remarker, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Bannon, I hope that's true. If that's why the Jets signed him I'll be very happy. I don't think Sanchez is the only reason for the poor performance this year. There hasn't been much continuity on the O what with injuries and the mysterious benching of some of our potential playmakers. Our receivers don't catch the ball with any consistency and Sanchez doesn't deliver the ball with consistent accuracy. That makes it hard for them to have faith in each other which just makes the problems snowball. Aren't they getting enough reps in practice? Should we practice against the 3rd string Pats every day? Wouldn't THAT be fun. Are we doing great in practice but crappy in real games? Can one of you Snowbirds go spy on practice and give us the loadown? LOL

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah it's definitely a very pessimistic view, but it is if the Jets do go 2-6 at the bye or 4-8 or something.

I don't think the Jets are going 2-6 though. I think they'll end up 4-4 at the bye and then they have a week to put in some adjustments and time to work the easier part of the schedule go 5-3 or 6-2. 9-7 might be enough in the AFC this year for a WC. Just want to make the playoffs.

But looking at worst case scenario, I don't want to throw out the whole kitchen sink this offseason. I want to keep Rex, I don't mind keeping Tebow, I don't mind keeping Sanchez but there has to be a scapegoat. That would be Tanny or Sanchez or Rex. I'd rather it be 1/3 than all 3. And I think putting Tebow/McElroy in will lead to all 3 and make the owner/FO decide for a fresh start. I don't want to change coaches again after 4 years.

5. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

The Jets DO HAVE THE the player to run this offense; one would argue with Holmes out it is a better optin to run the TEBOW offense. Large physical WR's in the form of S.Hill, Chaz, Turner (bring him back), and the "other Hill". All players are over 6 foot tall and 210lbs. Insert Vlad Ducasse as a mauling guard, Moore is a power guard, so is Howard. Brick has the feet to pull and is a pro bowl Tackle. McKnight would be a great pitch option and maybe, just maybe this is the reason we brought in Hillard...

6. Badaxe

Badaxe Banned

Smart, insightful post by someone who obviously gets it.

7. pikkiwoki

pikkiwoki New Member

careful. it's this kind of inquisitiveness that just might turn you into a tebow supporter. you're asking too many questions. can somebody please turn off this man's microphone?