Greene's Gotta Go!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DoubleDown11, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think Powell should for his all around game alone. Its is harder to tell the play as run or pass with him in there because he is at least adequate in both.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yep

Maybe they should have Greene practice the first two second after the handoff. Practice scanning the line for a weak spot. None of this just ramming into the pack BS.

3. BleednGreen247

Nope. He will continue to start and play like shit.

Once a starter always a starter, Rex Ryans motto.

4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

:up::up: He is a complimentary back. This is the best way to utilize him bar far. I caouldnt believe my eyes when I saw him CATCH that screen pass!

5. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Greene has no vision what so ever. he cant see holes open up and has no cut back what so ever. give powell a shot. and mcknight is a home run hitter if he gets a shot.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That all sounds good except that VD looked bad out there. I still don't see him making the grade.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Ryan is loyal to his guys -- that will eventually be his downfall if he isn't careful. Greene is not a #1...he is a #2 guy. Time to see what Powell, Grimes, and McKnight have. They need to figure this out now during the season so they know what they have to do in the offseason.

8. DoubleDown11

DoubleDown11 New Member

I'm not quite understanding why some here are posting that our O-Line is the reason Greene can't be productive in the run game. Please explain.

Powell has had no problem finding the holes, pushing the piles, and picking up yards in the gaps. LongTimeJetsFan's post says it all ~ Greene is a 4th Quarter/3rd down back. I wish they'd make the change, but knowing this team and their idiotic decisions, we'll keep Greene in the backfield for 1-2 plays on 1st and 2nd down and then have to throw for 8 yards on 3rd down.

9. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

I remember that play, he one guy in front of him in some open field. He could have kept going straight and run down the sideline for another five (or more) yards. Instead, he cut INTO the only defender kind of in his way and went down. I was glad we got the gain, but it's so frustrating that he tries to run over guys instead of around them.

10. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

45 out of 47th yds per attempt in the league,
    no excuses

11. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Why did we wait until game 5 to try some draw plays or some screens, Joe Mcknight has value on offense in a dexter mccluster type role.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Powell needs to be getting 25+ carries a game. Things will go better for the Jets if they do.

Also, the Jets need to use Powell more in the passing game. The Jets never throw to RBs (mostly because Greene sucks balls catching the ball). Powell needs to be #1 if this team wants any chance of salvaging the season.

Someone needs to call ESPN and tell Kay or LaGreca to ask Rex why he insists on continuing to use Greene when Powell is vastly superior.

13. Munich1860

Munich1860 New Member

at least they should give him a chance NOW :martin:

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Our best rush was Mark fumbling and Powell picking it up and running for 12 yards. :rofl:

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Riiiiiiight. That's Rex's motto. What happened to Wayne Hunter?

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Wasn't even powell it was the FB they picked of NE scrap heap -- had a good game too.

McKnight has to be a guy you throw the ball to on screen and dump offs - he has the ability to take a 5 yard dump pass and run it 90 yards. No one else on the team scares you like that.

Danny Woodhead is a guy that would fit nicely now.. Tanny good job on that one too.

17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Powell should start. we have to draft a RB, maybe Marcus Lattimore.

18. actofgod22

actofgod22 Member

Greene has to be one of the least exciting RB's in football. He's not the the future, or the present solution at RB.