6 weeks ago someone said,

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ajitator, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

If 6 weeks ago someone were to tell you in the first 5 weeks of the season, Our run game would completely falter ( 415 yards ). We'd lose Holmes and Revis for the season, Keller, Hill, and J. Conner for significant time. I don't think there's a single person on this board that puts us at 2-3 and only a game back in the division with our schedule.

It may have been ugly sledding thus far, but theres a lot of football to be played but, We all pretty much put our record at this point before the injuries. No one thought we'd take more then 1 out of Pit, Tex, SF. We almost

Lets try and stay positive at least for a couple weeks. We just played 2 of the top defenses in the league and almost came out on top last night - a few plays.

For those still supporting our team. Keep your heads up. :beer:

:shit: - :buffaloblows: - :jets:

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep, but next week is definitely a must-win. The first must-win the Jets have had this year.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Those same people had the jets going 9-7 completely healthy, hardly anything to be excited for.

4. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm with ya there brother! The players and coaches haven't given up and neither should we.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Being this bad is sort of liberating though.

Last night I really had zero expectations and really didn't care about the outcome. It was almost like watching a Seahawks v Cardinals or Browns v Jaguars game. It was football but I really had no emotional connection with it.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So when McKnight made it 20-14 on his kickoff to the house you weren't excited? Or when Cromartie had the interception in the first quarter?

Come on, man.

7. scarfnation

scarfnation New Member

buffalo was a must win
    miami was a must win
    every weeks seems to be a must win

I dont think "must wins" exist until its week 15 and you "MUST WIN" in order to get into the playoffs

I totally agree with OP. Last night restored some hope for the season. If they play like they did last night every game we can go 10-6/9-7 and have a shot. The Texans are top 3 teams in football right now

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The Pittsburgh game was a must win for playoff reasons.

The Indy game is a must win to keep a pulse.

Assuming the Jets keep a pulse, then the NE game becomes a must win for playoff reasons.

It's a tall order but this is the NFL.

9. jetsandtheunder

If Jets beat NE both games we might have something. Just don't see that happening, even once really

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We just have to win those games against teams like the Colts, Jags, Titans, Rams etc, and pull off an upset against the Pats etc.

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

True story. Season is long, half the NFL is 2-3 or 3-2, we just need to adjust to who isn't here and keep going. The off season sucks and it's much longer so I enjoy the season while it's here regardless.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets win next week I see them firmly on pace to finish with 7,8,9 wins and an outside shot at the playoffs.

If they lose I see them headed for 4,5,6 wins and no shot at all.

That's why I see it as a must-win. If they lose they'll be 2 games below .500 with a disenchanted fan base, a raging QB controversy and a head coach firmly on the hot seat by the end of the game.

None of the games before this had the same impact as a loss to Indy would have. The Jets fanbase would be seeing a real franchise QB and an organization working hard to develop him and the contrast with the Jets and Sanchez/Tebow would not ever be more apparent than at that moment.

On the other hand, if they win the game they're at .500 with a couple of huge division games coming up and then the bye to sort things out.

If they lose they're bleeding in the water with sharks circling all around them and an eternity until the bye. If they win they're safely in the life raft and hoping for some breaks and 5-3 at the bye or 4-4 more likely.

Huge difference there.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

I still believe in this team. Next week is going to be a challenge. This team has impressed me with all the injuries and they're still fighting. Crlmartie is really showing to me atleast that's he's easily a top maybe even 3 corner. I would say best but I don't want to get bashed over the internet. I myself can't think of a corner who you can say is better. Until last night I would of said Joseph but he looked pretty bad out there against our receivers.

14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

here here...i absolutely agree w/ the OP...lets stay positive and get some wins against not so great teams

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Nope. Knew the offense would blow it.

Speaking of which I turned to my buddy and I said "Here comes a Sanchez red zone pick", not even two seconds later Watt tips the pass and the Texans are off to the races.

The defense is not good enough to overcome the offense. There's nothing to be excited about this season. This team may win some unlikely games but it is not good enough to hang with the better teams in the AFC.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I agree. Yesterday showed we still have a pulse and that we CAN compete with the better teams. If not for a few drops, and JJ Watt being the beast he is, we would have taken this. We can beat the Colts next week.

17. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

We lost Revis in the 2nd half of the Miami game and lost Holmes in the blowout to SF, so both players were around for both of our wins to two terrible teams.

18. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Revis was also out the 2nd half of the bills game and didn't play against the Steelers. What's your point.

Actually. let me stop you there, you have no point just here to spew negativity. Find another thread to crap on.

19. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

"We'd lose Holmes and Revis for the season, Keller, Hill, and J. Conner for significant time. I don't think there's a single person on this board that puts us at 2-3"

My point is the two wins came with the guys you referenced playing. Neither was lost during the Jets two wins, pretty simple really. The injuries have no bearing on our wins but everything to do with our losses.

20. reverseapachemaster

I assumed we would be 2-3 without all the injuries this season so I don't think we're half as bad off as some bitch and moan.