So now that we've played 3 of the top 5 defenses in 4 weeks.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 9, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully our offense can breath a little and maybe get on track for the next 3 weeks:
    vs. Colts - 19th ranked D
    @Pats - 22nd
    vs. Fins - 15th

The bad news is that we then have to travel across the country to face the #1 defense in the Seahawks (huh?).

2. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

More bad news - we have the 28th ranked offense..... OYE!

3. agilic

agilic Member

If we can manage to win 2 out of the next 3, we'll be in alright shape. 4-4 going into the bye week given the injuries we have faced wouldn't be bad at all. I have hope that if we can come back from the bye week relatively healthy, we will be able to make a legitimate playoff push, especially with all our toughest opponents out of the way by then.

For that to happen though, some of these young guys on D (D-Line in particular, because they can and need to perform at a much higher level given our LB's limitations) need to step up and really gel as a unit because with Holmes out for the year, the offense isn't going to be any better than average, and that's assuming Hill and Keller get back healthy and give us some production.

Yes, we look like and probably are a very average NFL team right now, but things change fast in this league. Don't give up just yet.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If we are 4-4 we get the bye week before we travel west. Wilson is playing average at best - they don't score a lot of points and don't scare you throwing the ball.

Their defense the the crowd noise will be the biggest factors in that game, but we should have a healthy Keller and Hill for that game. If they can't fix the running game by then it will be an issue because Seattle can get after the QB.

5. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

Agree and hope that is the case. Dolphins D is sneaky good though

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I expect to beat Indy, I expect we'll lose to NE. I think any hope of contending will come down to that Miami game. If we win we will be 4-4 and in decent shape.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

those teams are all capable of shutting us down. colts D is playing inspired and they can rush the passer.

pats and fins are very farmiliar with us, and the phins shut us down before several key injuries.

we'll need to play inpired like last night to have a chance in any of them

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

i think we beat the colts, pats, but lose to the phins in a upset

that's just how the NFL is

pats is a soft team feasting on easy defenses. they don't scare me.

Say what you want about the "hot sauce" movement but the jets are putting their stamp on the teams we play. Fred Jackson, Reggie Bush, Cushing.. we might not win every game but we make sure the other team remember the night they played the JETS!

9. NFL

NFL Active Member

We need to play inspired.. and with a healthy Keller and Hill we should be able to stay in the game..

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

It is odd we do seem to be hurting a lot of guys.

The Pats will run that speed offense against us and gash us for 200 yards on the ground.

11. Ted

Ted Member

Keep in mind that the Dolphins are coming off a bye week when they meet. Nice advantage to have. Additionally, the Dolphins are improving each week under Philbin and have made good progress in the secondary which has been the weakness of the defense. Not one for moral victories or what ifs but the kicker hits 2 FGs he should have made and the Dolphins are 4-1.

12. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

we bringing that hard nose D to a soft ass league. our d may not be great but it's a physical one and in football that matters more in the end. when the opposing team line up, those hits and injuries will be on the back of their mind

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I was speaking specifically to the level of defenses we're facing. I don't expect the Jets to beat the Pats at all and I figure the fish will be a tough game as always.

It's just nice to not face such suffocating defenses for a few weeks - especially when the offense is a new install and all the skill guys on offense are injured.

14. Ted

Ted Member

Understood. I am merely pointing out that in Miami, you get one of the best front sevens right now. Colts and Pats are defeinitely a let up but you get another good defense in week 8. Should be a helluva battle as it normally is.