There are more Sanchez fans on this forum than Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pereiro16, Oct 8, 2012.

1. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

He turns the ball over! He fumbled also but it ended up being our best running play of the night. He doesn't have to play lights out, but he has to hit his receivers in stride, (Cromartie, Kerley) for touchdowns! Turnovers are brutal! We're driving for a touchdown and almost get a pick taken back, it goes on and on.

I will say that we have to stick with Sanchez a bit longer because there is no way Tebow or McElroy are better options. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing more wildcat plays, even full drives to get some continuity.

#81 rohirrim665, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

I feel like mark is doing "just enough" to keep his job. He's been on thin ice and tonight's game neither hurt nor helped. He needs a big game eventually. He can't keep treading water like this or it will be Tebow time. He better show up at Indy. I just want him to go one way or the other. Either take over and remove all doubt or bomb enough to just move on with Tim. This weekly drama is killing me :p

3. rjmkrm

rjmkrm Member

Good quaterbacks don't:

- Have four consecutive games with less than 50 percent completed passes
    - Consistently have multiple tipped balls at the line of scrimmage
    - Turn the ball over in the red zone right before half time
    - Have trouble getting their team in and out of the huddle with any rhythem (yes this goes on Sparano too).

I'm sorry in year 4 he should be further on in his development than he is right now. He is a below average quarterback on a team with zero offensive identity.

#83 rjmkrm, Oct 9, 2012
  4. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

While Sanchez is a below-average quarterback; what blows my mind is how people are expecting him to have a pro bowl season with our best receiver being our #4 going into the season (Kerley), a starting running back who has done little to nothing, dropped passes, and severely inconsistent blocking all year. While he needs to be more accurate, most of the time he's being forced to put passes into extremely tight windows because of lack of separation because of the wide receivers. Sanchez has his faults; but, the next best alternative is Tebow and I'd rather take my chances with Sanchez.

5. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

It was an all out blitz and Sanchez had to get rid of the ball. It was a perfectly accurate ball but Watt made a spectacular play on it. In my opinion, all you can do is tip your hat to Watt on that play.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdVR0KTO2do

JJ Watt does it to even the best QBs.

7. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

yea and so were the other 4 tipped passes by him...cmon now he's horrible...and if any of you wanna bring up that Sanchez's offense sucks look at the phins offense...ok they have a better run game but there wide receivers are just as mediocre as ours and yet their qb is doing just fine...AND HE'S A ROOKIE WHO PLAYED WIDE RECEIVER IN COLLEGE FOR MOST OF HIS TIME THERE!!!...i'm done giving Sanchez the opportunity he's playing like shit. Period. With that said...TEBOW TIME!!!(unfortunately)

8. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I wasn't referencing the other four, i was referencing one specifically. Don't try being sarcastic when you clearly weren't able to recognize that.

9. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

just saying ;)

10. HoffaLiesBeneath

HoffaLiesBeneath New Member

Ok McKnight added 7 points on his fantastic return. Without that TD...

Sanchez generated 10 points. 14 of 30 passing with 2 INT.

But I guess we stick with him? Tebow looked electric in warmups slinging ball, Sanchez looked like a zombie. Tebow played electric when in game running. Should of had a TD pass on his one attempt, but Hill dropped it.

How many mediocre games is Rex going to stomach with Sanchez until he makes a change? 2-4? 3-6? I say make the change now.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

^We;ve had a lot of mediocre games under this staff/QB come back and respond, worth anything?

12. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Sanchez played ok, why should we feel we can't say that? Hill and Cumberland are not nfl caliber.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sad Sack sucked when we had everyone healthy. The bluffalo game was a fluke. Every game since has been a better barometer of his ineptitude.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Tebow and the Denvers offense were pretty high up there in 3 and outs. I don't remember enough to know why they were so high, but they were very high.

Yeah, again I don't think anyone thinks he played good. I think most of think he has done pretty bad these last couple games. But like another poster said, the season and probably the CS and FO go as Sanchez goes. And I'm pessimistic and don't think Tebow or McElroy are good enough to turn this team and fix the non QB problems.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sanchez had yet another sub-50% completion night and it just boggles the mind to see people still defending him. He is by far the worst QB in the league right now. I don't know that Tebow is any better but he certainly deserves more than one play here and there to find out. I might give Sanchez another half to turn it around and if he doesn't I would definitely start Tebow in the second half oh Sunday's game.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I didn't say he was a good qb. Did you even read the post you responded to?

Sanchez was basically in a no win situation last night with those receivers against that team. He rarely, if ever, had a clean pocket to work with and made a lot of high pressure throws to bullshit receivers.

He made a few mistakes but did ok given what he was dealing with. The turnover before halftime was mostly just a great player making a play, not a bad read or a bad throw.

And i thought he played like a real asshole the previous 3 games outside of a few drives.

17. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

You are talking about the guy who led the league in 3 and outs last year. Right? Are you aware or do you just make shit up as you go along?

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Do you people not comprehend anything? How do you know if that ball was a perfect pass if it was tipped at the line?

The answer is you have no idea nor does anyone else if that ball was a perfect throw.

To say that ball was a perfect throw is ignorant at best. The ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage so by NFL terms, it was a shitty throw.

There's a reason Sanchez gets so many balls tipped at the line of scrimmage.

It's because he doesn't know how to adjust his throwing motion to avoid the D lineman.

That's a huge flaw for a QB. The fact that people on here are saying his tipped pass was "perfect" is completely laughable and pathetic and just shows how much you have a mancrush on Sanchez.

Noone who has any football acumen would ever say that a tipped ball is a "perfect" throw.

It defies logic to make a stament like that and make zero sense.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Tell us how he should adjust his throwing motion to avoid balls being tipped. You think you know what you're talking about, but you're wrong. There is a way for a QB to avoid having the ball tipped as much, but changing the throwing motion is not how it's done. In fact, saying that a change to throwing motion will help avoid tip balls is just as intelligent as saying a tipped ball was a perfect pass.

#99 Jtuds, Oct 9, 2012
  20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Problem with fans -- Sanchez plays well - it's a fluke he sucks

He plays poorly -- see he sucks

Take away the running game from Texas last night what did they do? 14/28 200yards 1TD 1 INT with everyone healthy. Running game was huge for them. Kept the chains moving, kept the defense off the field, kept our offense on the sideline.

Jets aren't balanced, have no faith in the run, and are trying everything but the kitchen sick to move the chains with the current offensive weapons.

The first tipped ball was just bad luck. Watts reached out to the side - if he is 1" shorter that is a quick hit slant that might get in the endzone. There I would have said just run the ball...see if we can make a play - if not FG and get the ball back. You think Sporano and Ryan would have discussed that situation after last week. Poor situational play calling

The second INT was a high throw -- bad throw on a rushed play which i didn't get. Had time to go to the 2 minute warning and get your plays set.