What if we beat the Texans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Bellows1, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I've been beating the "we suck" drum pretty hard this week and I think rightfully so. But, what if we pull out a victory? Does that change anyone's perspective of what we have as a team?

Not mine, I think we lack in several areas. It's gonna take 3-4 wins to convince me what we have, isn't what we've seen these last 3 weeks.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If the Jets beat the Texans then everyone will resume talking about the 49ers game.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Then we'll be 3-2, tied with New England for first place, similar to where we've been throughout the Rex era this time of year.

4. Banjo

Banjo Banned

What if I won the lottery?

What if Kate Upton showed up at my house in her bra and panties?

It's nice to dream...

5. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

We'd be in first 2-0 in the division

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Then we'd be lucky that we won.

7. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i think most people would write it off as a fluke.

8. Italian Seafood

True, but I'd feel better if one of those was vs the Pats. We know they're running the table 4-0 vs Buffalo and Miami, so we need to do the same and get at least one vs them.

9. Italian Seafood

[​IMG]

10. catfish

catfish New Member

a lot of it will depend on how the win happened. If Sanchez goes off for 350 yards and 3 tds and the jets win 27-21 lot of the bitching will stop. If he plays like he has been, but the D comes up with a pick 6 and another turnover for a short field FG and they win 10-6 the bitching will continue

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

with the schedule we have left, beating the texans would be huge... its not the hardest schedule in the world after this week.

however if we lose i think the team will be sunk for the year and the guys with the questionable character will be catastrophes.

thank GOD the jets beat the dollfags... it would be 10 times worse right now if we had lost that game. we would be looking at 1-4 and there would be even less to be happy about.

and we got so tremedously lucky that day.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

It would just be called a trap game for the Texans. Also I will be very drunk dancing on roof tops. Texans are a nasty team right now. The main thing I want to take out of this game is improved play from Mark Sanchez. See how he responds to the adversity and negativity.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I just want to see a team that looks like it'll fight until the final whistle. Very worried about the Jets having mailed it in already.

14. Harrier Manc-Jet

Yes it would get me back on side for this season again,the jets never seem to beat good teams over .500 if we beat the texans tonight it shows if we get to the playoffs we can beat anyone on our day

15. jlee499

jlee499 Member

We all start "Tebowing"!

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If we beat one of the best teams in the league it won't change your perspective of the team???

I highly doubt this happens but if it does we're 3-2 and have a nice quality win. Of course I would look at things differently.

17. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I miss this team so much. Still gives me goosebumps. I remember the guy sitting next to me at the stadium picked me off my feet and about tossed me into the next row when Braylon caught that ball.

[YOUTUBE]trbmAshmLAM[/YOUTUBE]

18. reverseapachemaster

There should be 200 threads talking about how great the team is, how solid Sanchez is, how smart Rex is, etc. in the mirror image of the negativity following the 49ers game. However the more probable result is people will find things to bitch about (OMG Sanchez wore too much/not enough pink) and return to bitching about the 49ers and miami games.

19. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

what if pigs fly?

if we pull out a miracle vs the texans, it really doesnt change much. we likely still lose 7 or 8 of the next 11 games and finsih like 5-11 or 6 -10

we arent a good team, in any facet of the game. and in many facets we are a bad team

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If we beat the Texans it'll definitely change some perceptions of the team no matter how the victory is accomplished. Some teams win ugly but they find ways to win games despite not having the picture perfect array of talent or results that look good all the time. That's where I think perceptions of the Jets would go, particularly in light of the Fins win in Cincy.

Nobody will see the Jets as world beaters in the event of a win but I think the tragedy of the season viewpoints will fade since 3-2 just doesn't look tragic no matter how you look at it.

That's the fans perspective in a nutshell in the event of a Jet win. Only hopeless cases are going to be doom and gloom with the Jets at 3-2 coming off a win against what might be the best team in the NFL.

The media perspective will be all about how the Texans lost the game though. That's just what it is.

Even if the Jets lose to the Texans they're probably still on the road to 7 to 9 wins unless they get blown out and it looks like the team quit on Rex in the process.