Rex Ryan Knows His Team is BAD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Oct 2, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

What should we be blaming him for?

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I have been saying to folks. The offense needs to motivate the defense to keep on fighting. Sanchez and company are just not doing that. Eventually the D will become deflated after constant three n outs.

If Sanchez moves the ball consistently we are gonna win games. No one is asking him to light up the scoreboard but atleast sustain a drive and control the clock. Run for a first down or something....jeezus

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Rex never said that about Stephen Hill, he paid Hill a compliment that as usual loads of people misconstrued and took the wrong way.

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Such as?....

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

On the flipside on Hardknocks Rex said he only gets to choose 1 draft pick a year, so this talentless team falls all on Tannybum.

Tannybaum is banking on guys like Coples, Mo, Demario, Hill all to become "talent". Hopefully he is right and by the end of the year some emerge as stars.

6. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Rex can get this team to 8-8 without Revis and Holmes he deserves another year.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rex would have certainly backed his claim of being one of the best defensive minds in the game if he pulled that off. Sucked or not, the injuries brought Ryan and Tannenbaum another year, but perhaps ONLY one more year.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Rex has another year for sure but I dont know about Tannebaum. The lack of depth and decrease of talent over all will show more now that we have such bad injuries.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

This ground and pound is just crap we need to open up the offense. Sanchez plays his best in a no huddle what do we have to lose to try it. Why the hell is McNight not playing Sanchez needs a check down out of the backfield and that is not Greene.

The demise of this team was not is not totally talent but leadership. The leadership on this team was either shipped off or just got to old to play. The problem is we let them all go at once and nobody stepped up to that role.

A lot weird things happened in that game to kill drives the Epps no catch fumble Sanchez's dumbass fumble and of course Holmes pitching the ball to the other team.

10. TXJet

TXJet Banned

NO!! If we get to 8-8 then I will be pissed. I either want 2-14 and #1 or 2 draft pick or 10-6 and playoffs. In between is a complete failure.

11. 100% agree. Jets don't have the horses on O or the D to carry them w/ ground & pound this season. Time to actually allow Sanchez to play to his strength. Quick rythym intermediate throws via the no huddle. All he needs is a clean pocket & he can be successful with that. There will certainly be some turnovers...for sure..but at least we're putting the O in the best spot to put up points.This OL gives Sanchez decent time..but Sanchez doesn't just need time..he needs a clean pocket. Replace Howard w/ Smith & Slauson w/ Ducasse. We'll go to work.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I disagree. Rex knows he is in a bad situation but I don't think he has given up or feels he can't make the playoffs. It is just not in his blood. He looks so down because he is down. Losing Holmes and Revis is tough. He is not quitting though. No way.

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

well said! Ryan is crap, and now the proof is starting to show in the pudding so to speak. I hope he is fired this season, so that the rebuilding can begin again, in earnest. Sadly, I do also think that Tanny and the owner are also inept.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I'm tired of this argument and it is just wrong. The defense deserves as much of the blame as the offense. How do you explain the Miami game? The offense drives down the field and scores a TD to take a 3 point lead with 3 minutes left. Facing a rookie QB and no Bush it was game over! Except after getting a "lift " from the offense, the vaunted defense lets the Fish drive right down the field for the tying score.

This has happened multiple times in the Ryan/Sanchez era - the defense giving up leads late after a late score by the Jets.

There is enough blame to go around on both sides of the ball. If anything, the offense has the excuse that it has been neglected for years from a talent/personnel standpoint. The same cannot be said for the defense.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

All this 'losing 34-0 is unacceptable' talk is just that. Talk. We couldnt stop anyone with Revis. Without Revis, #1 receivers have Cro on them. We know how that goes. They score TDs. Cro was pretty good on #2's. Wilson isn't. They'll score TDs too. We couldnt stop the run or guard TE's even with Revis. So whoever we play is getting 30 points. Offensively, every team I can think of has better skill players. A team coming in that just faced Cincinatti, for example, just saw Dalton, Law Firm, and AJ Green. They are licking their chops to face our guys. Cant see us get to twenty points with this crew. 10 would be a lot and you would need a punt or kick return down to the 5 to get the TD....not that we'll be seeing a lot of Jets punt returns.

I was always a sunshiner too. Welcome to the dark side of me