Mark Sanchez sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TNJet, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

Are you kidding me? Not about the line? Heck...then why are we spending so much money on O linemen? Eff it! Let's just sink all that cash into kickers!

I guess you haven't noticed that our run game has gone from one of the best in the league to one of the worst. Oh, but that's probably not because of the line too right? Please.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I love how people say “to see what has gone wrong with Sanchez”.

People it was never there to begin with.

If you make everything perfect around him he can be a semi decent QB. But then so could anyone with a little bit of talent.

Beyond that he has no intangibles and never has had them.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think its the opposite. Our run game is so terrible the focus is on stopping the pass. You know if you drop back in coverage you still won't give up big gains to the run game.

#303 Milliner is your Mommy, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  4. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

I don't understand how you can say that Mark Sanchez never had anything. That is a completely ridiculous statement.

If you look at what I posted, and have any idea what you're talking about, you'll see that Mark Sanchez had something. Whether it's still there can be debated, and we won't find out with the pass protection we're getting currently.

BTW, how did Sanchez play in week 1 when he could get comfortable in the pocket?

5. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

Last year it was Shotty. Then it was Holmes. Then it was Wayne Hunter. Now its there's no receivers. Then it will be Tony. Then it will be Rex. Then it will be the waterboy. Really? When is it Mark Sanchez?

It was Mark Sanchez last year when he imploded. The players just don't believe in him. And defenders don't respect his game. They watch the tape. They sit on his checkdowns. He makes one read, then looks to dump the ball and rarely makes it through his progressions. He doesn't read defenses pre-snap or audible out of bad plays unless they're obvious. And despite the short 5 yard Checkdowns, he's still below 50% passing this season. He's just not good enough or leading the team in a clear way that other players will rally around. Some of it was that he did not play enough in college and was handed too much too quickly in the NFL. Now he's average at best if slightly less than that.

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Anyone ever think the running game stinks because Sanchez sucks so bad not vice versa?

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Read Sig...

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No, it's not about the line..not kidding. Release the ball like just about every other QB in the NFL does and be able to look to your 2nd or 3rd receiver when your first is covered and he would do just fine. He has developed horrible habits since the beginning of last year and he plays like a scared rabbit because of it.

Oh, and our run game went right where Jones and Tomlinson went.

9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Anyone with a little bit of talent can play well with prefect conditions. The good QBs figure out how to win with adversity. Mark has never figured this out. He is not good and never was.

10. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

All I notice from watching that video is that the kid had a lot of potential but just needed to fix a few things, protecting the ball (still prevalent in his game), throwing off the backfoot (issue he still has) and getting flustered under pressure (which every QB gets flustered after pressure so I won't single him out for it).

I think they went about developing him wrong though. He was able to move the ball and get results out of just Cotchery, Stuckey, and Keller with the addition of a strong running game. That was because they were allowing him to throw the ball and learn from his mistakes, which most teams do. Well after the Buffalo and Atlanta games we neutered him and got really conservative. When in fact, well at least in my opinion, is that they should have had the kid throwing and allowing him to make deep throws and not keeping the chains on him. I like the guy, but he's not a genius and I don't know how anyone on the coaching staff could have thought the kid was a genius. Game managers are usually guys who know the ins and outs of everything on the field. I never thought Sanchez could be that sort of guy. Now if you told me we were drafting him into a position where he would be throwing the ball a lot and we'd be using a simple offense for him, I would have been ecstatic. Truth is they dropped the ball on that too.

Talent-wise I don't think the kid was a guy who should have been developed into this game manager kind of role, I think the kid was a gunslinger in the vein of Favre/Cutler. You know, keep everything simple for him and let him use his instincts to make the best play. That's what they truthfully should have one, even if it means we couldn't make the AFC Championship those first 2 years. At least we'd be seeing this kid develop.

Instead they have been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Honestly, you can blame Mark Sanchez until you're red in the face if you want, and it will be somewhat justified, but the blame should be on the whole organization. You don't draft a kid with the 5th pick and expect him to be a game manager. Alex Smith fits the role because he's actually a pretty smart QB and the fact that his arm might be a smidge stronger than Pennington's, but Sanchez is a guy you have to develop like the Ravens developed Flacco. Put the ball in his hands, let him fail, and let him learn from his failures.

I love this team but the front office really screwed up with Sanchez and I have no faith in them developing another QB if the same thing is going to happen.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Next I expect the Sanchez defenders to blame the team's equipment guy for his problems.

At some point it will be time to move on and ignore their silly and baseless defenses of him.

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I disagree here. I give him credit for his ability to make plays in the 4th quarter. Granted, it is typically against a preventative defense, but he does make the plays.

13. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Our run protection is 17th. I also don't disagree that the horrid passes we have seen could be construed as throwing the ball away. With that said, can you give me just 5 examples of when he threw the ball away, and I mean throwing it out of bounds, and not to the other team.

14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Only one mention for Keller?

15. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

they both just stink.

but i think sanchez is a better qb than greene is a rb.

no, i take that back.

they're on pretty similar levels if we rank them against their peers.

i need a new avatar.

#315 Rawrk, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  16. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Noise from low flying helicopters distracts him. Or maybe : The NJ swamps allows too many mosquitos to bite poor Mark when he is trying to concentrate on throwing a pass.

17. k0kes

k0kes New Member

You spent all this time analyzing and came up with the revelation that: if a quarterback is comfortable and unpressured, he plays well. If he is uncomfortable and pressured, he does not. Seriously man, what's your secret? That is some seriously great detective work! :rofl:

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Sanchez didn't look half bad in the video. He started out looking all-pro, then the blitz got to him and he made some poor decisions, but then gathered himself towards the end of the game. He's got some ability, for sure. I still like Tebow, though.

19. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

This sums it up for me

20. wildaces

wildaces Banned

LOL, I was looking for over sized shoulder pads to add to this.