Be honest, which QB's in the league would you trade Sanchez for straight up?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by REVISion, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

3 quarters of garbage and then occasionally getting your shit together and making a few plays to win in the 4th quarter does not a good quarterback make.

An elite QB on this team the last 3 years would have far less comebacks on his resume because teams would have been put away earlier.

2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He has beat NE, Phily and didn't need a pick 6 to beat Miami.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'm sure a "better" QB would have won a few more reg season games but we still would have been a WC team(unless we got Brady meaning NE didn't have him) and who knows if we have the same success in the playoffs?

ther are only a few elite QBs in this league and Sanchez beat 2 of them in his last playoff run.

he needed an INT at midfield in OT to set up for a long FG while Sanchez got us in chip shot range.

4. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

[​IMG]

5. Struckanerve9

Struckanerve9 New Member

It's not hard to read defenses when you have 3 of top WRs in the game like Kolb has. Sanchez has struggled because no one is ever open and when they are they can't catch the damn ball. Not saying I'm impressed with how he's played regardless, but this team...THE WHOLE TEAM...is a disaster. It's absurd that they have the nerve to refer to themselves as a "ground and pound" team.

6. Mantana Soss

Mark Sanchez beat those two teams?

The two best offenses in the league scored 16 and 21 points in their own buildings.

We ran 37 times for 163 yards and 28 times for 121 yards, had a super bowl caliber offensive line and array of weaponry, but Mark Sanchez won those games despite not having so much as a 200 yard game?

7. Mantana Soss

Are you lumping Andre Roberts and Michael Floyd in with the top WRs in the game?

8. Wolf Brother

Wolf Brother Banned

None. Mark Sanchez is too expensive for his skill level and lacks true upside. I would say he'd be an upgrade over Kevin Kolb, but the Cardinals are winning right now and if it ain't broke, why fix it and have to spend $$$ to do it? I would rather have Matt Casell than Sanchez. Cassel was and is a lot cheaper for basically the same level of talent.

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Me too, man. Me too.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of all being on Sanchez, but lets face it, aside from his completion percentage Sanchez is just being average Sanchez over his career. Average Sanchez is careless with the ball (5 more TD's than Interceptions over his career, 31 fumbles, not all fumbles lost of course but QB's fumbling is just a matter of luck as to who recovers it), and this year he's what, 5 TD's 4 picks so he's right on line there. he's within .1 yards of his career average on yards per attempt. The only stat that's off the average is his completion percentage, over his career it's a mid 54% rate compared to a mid 49% this year. Over his career he's not even a league average quarterback.

as for the list of who I wouldn't take instead of Sanchez, that list is short.

Cassel, Freeman, Tebow....that's it.

11. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Ok, so Google says 7th round. My bad.

I saw my mistake and just acknowledged it. And where did I imply there was a competition? I said that others were brought in over him. Get off your high horse.

#91 JET'S_my_name, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  12. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I believe just a reliable passing QB has less comebacks. Not even elite, a QB that can just get the ball to his receivers and keep drives going doesn't let the other team back in most of Marks comeback wins.

I think back to the Houston game were the D hold's that very good offense to 7 points on their first 7 drives and we're only up 13-7 half way threw the 3rd. That's something that shouldn't happen to an average QB at home.

I've never liked Sanchize, because he does nothing great. Up and down play out of your leader is a killer, and just look at our team..... to me we mirror our QB perfectly when it comes to lack of execution IMO.

#92 ANJI, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  13. keypusher

keypusher Member

Alright, let's look at 2010. The Jets lost five games in the regular season. Examining these, we see: they lost 10-9 to the Ravens. Sanchez had 60 yards passing. They lost 9-0 to the Packers. Sanchez had two picks.
    They lost 10-6 to the Phins. The Dolphins had six (six!) first downs in the game, but Sanchez was 17-44. They lost 45-3 to the Pats. Sanchez had a terrible game, but so did pretty much everyone on the team. They lost a shootout to the Bears(!) 34-38, despite a pick six from Cutler.

So that's three losses, out of five, that are pretty much down to the quarterback. Do those count when we're evaluating Sanchez?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2010.htm

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I would not take another USC QB over Sanchez like Cassel, Palmer or his back up. Every one is just about is fair game with Romo topping the list.

15. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Good question. I say give him a chance.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Putting in any QB other than Peyton Manning / Drew Brees and this offense still fucking kicks rocks. They truly make those around them better. Not many QBs do that. Eli Manning does that too actually.

17. nyjunc

10-9 to the Ravens in a low scoring game against a great D where our phony great D allowed Baltimore to possess the ball for 40 mins. They allowed so many 3rd and longs that game it was ridiculous.

GB, again. Low scoring, defensive game but we had 2 bogus INTs(much worse calls than the GB-Sea one) where in a 3 pt game in GB territory it changed the game.

10-6 to Miami was a continuation of the 45-3 game the week before where our D was shredded and remember Holmes dropped a wide open TD in that Miami game.

The D allowed 38 pts, you are going to crow about a pick 6? the D had a double digit lead and allowed Jay Cutler to lead Chi to 38 pts.

we'll say 2 losses on the QB, how can you blame him when the D set the tone in the Pats game getting ravaged? I would blame the D more than the O in the Bal game but putting aside that argument we'll say he was responsible for 2 losses. He also led us back at Den, at Det, at Cle, vs. Hou- 4 games we would have lost thanks to the D.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the fake punt our great HC tried at our own 35 yard line after the Jets were up by 17 points, that allowed the Bears to score before halftime and gain some momentum.

19. nyjunc

we can make all the excuses we want, the D allowed 38 pts.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I would trade him for Romo in a heartbeat, Romo has his bad days, but he can make throws most QB's can't, and hes better then Sanchez anyway