Jets ruined sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Oct 2, 2012.

1. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

best thing for Mark Sanchez is to go to another team-one with the following:

-REAL Head Coach not a glorified D Coordinator/overgrown attention-seeking child who knows/cares NOTHING about offense

-competent offensive line

-better than mediocrity at RB

-better than mediocrity at WR and TE

-an owner who cares about winning more than publicity and selling PSL's

Sanchez has no chance of succeeding with the Jets and it's more their faultb than his

2. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

rex cant develop players honestly
    who has he drafted that became good

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

In the draft I had my doubts, he is what he is. A good QB, but not a great QB. I think he is just another Jake Plummer. He somewhat suceeded with another team (Broncos) that was loaded with talent, but couldn't get the Broncos to Super Bowl 40 because he is what he is, and average to good QB. And when Jake had bad games, he was really bad. Had a nice play action fake though, just like Sanchez.

4. Ted

Ted Member

Bringing in Sparano as the OC certainly won't help his development. Sanchez needs a guy like Jim Harbaugh, Tom Clements, Mike Sherman, Joe Philbin, Andy Reid, etc. who understand the position and get the most out of a young QB. I don't doubt that with the right coaches, Sanchez could be an effective starter in the NFL.

5. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sanchez entered the league with a top defense & running game for his first two seasons. OL & WR play was terrible season #3 & here we are. He hasn't had his career prematurely crushed because garbage has been around him since he entered the league (like David Carr). Sanchez also started his career with a very good OL.

Sometimes the inability to score & make plays can be any combination of Sanchez/OL/Receivers/Running Game. However that doesn't mean ALL failure can be attributed to non-Sanchez related stuff on Offense. Throwing int to D. Lineman on screens, trying to force the ball into double/triple coverage, and constantly running (in slow motion) while holding the football with one hand as it's fumbled away is all on Sanchez.

6. TexansFan

TexansFan Banned

Sorry I don't buy this about Carr or Sanchez. How about they just suck? Not accurate, can't read a defense, don't prepare well. Carr had Andre Johnson all but his rookie year and no one though #80 was special until Schaub came here and he put up crazy FF numbers.

7. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

^Yeah he has the desire seeing as he works out alot the off season with the guys but the team cant get it rolling

The run game helped the team to two afc championship games but its been abandoned since. From 3 quality backs to none
    Now Ryan wants him throwing it 50+ times

I do think theres an overreaction here though

I mean the 9ers picked of Roethlesberger three times and didnt allow a td last year

#7 AlexSmith, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No one thought Andre Johnson was special until Schaub!!!! :rofl:

9. TexansFan

TexansFan Banned

In his first 5 seasons he had 2 seasons with 1000+ yards receiving and a total of 25 TD's. Calvin Johnson had 49 TD's and only 2 sub 1000 yard seasons with a 1,681 compared to 1,147 for Andre.

Andre was never in the top ten reception yards or TD's before Schaub. How are you special if there are more than 10 guys better than you? After Schaub and Kubiak, he showed up on underrated lists and then back to back 1500 yard seasons, and then best WR in the NFL lists.

10. AlexSmith

AlexSmith New Member

29 tds since^

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. You also forgot to mention bringing the Tebow circus to town. That was a QB controversy waiting to happen...and for all the wrong reasons.

Best thing for Sanchez would be to move on to a team with a QB- friendly system. I would not bet against him becoming a good QB someday. It's just that it's never gonna happen here. I can see him playing for his old coach Pete Carroll in Seattle.

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

yes, its the Jets fault Sanchez had a lousy game. they've paid him millions, but the team is to blame, not the player who turned in the lousy performance. classic idiotic liberalism.

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Sanchez was always a rushed player

came out too early
    drafted too high only because we decided to rebuild a year too late
    went to 2 AFCCG and never made huge strides

he's a good QB but just not the type you build around

I love the kid and he handles himself well but the Jets Franchise needs to start at stage 1 and begin the process over

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

You could be right they both suck but Carr will forever have that asterisk when it comes to career evaluation & he deserves it. Andre Johnson is not enough to overcome one of the worst O-Lines in NFL history.

Imagine what Sanchez went through with Mangold out against the Ravens .... now make that the entire season. Wouldn't be fair to overlook a 76 sack OL when evaluating a QB's career. Also he started his career with an OL that played ZERO games together.

#14 ajax, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am sure he will and be the backup there for as long as he stays.

16. retroicon

retroicon Member

Are you Mark Sanchez's Mom?

The Jets ruined my boy! None of it is his fault...

You've GOT to be kidding me.

17. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Excuses,Excuses, Excuses, sorry folks, good kid, but below or just average QB. All the stars have to aline perfectly for Mark to have good games and be the QB we all envisioned him and want him to develop in to. When adversity rears it's ugly head Mark continues to wilt under the pressure. Sorry to say but after four years of this, you have to be blind to not see it.

18. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i never understand this argument.

QBs in this league can do more with less. like a lot more

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Been saying it for four years. He is not a good QB. This season he has more excuses than previous seasons, however.

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Thank you. The voice of reason is from another team. I'm tired of hearing nothing but excuse after excuse.