Blow it up! Would you? How?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ThunderbirdJet, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I really soured on Ryan after foot gate. I just don't know if after that he could garner the kind of player respect that successful HC's in the NFL have.

I would clean house, from Tanny to Ryan. I'd draft a QB in the first, a RT in the second, a RG in the third and do an exhaustive search for an RB. I'd spend another pick on a LG. I would attempt to build the best O line in the NFL.

The next year would be spent the way the Giants have done it, drafting pass rushing D line, and put the 3-4 in the rear view. The 3-4 only works with a dominant Nose, and there are just too few of them. Even if you have one, you're an injury from it all collapsing like a house of cards.

I'd build around Hill and Kerley with some FA WR's. Maybe even break some apparent unwrtitten NFL rule and sign a FA RB.

I'd dump Holmes, Tebow, rebuild the O first, then work on the D in the second year. I'd keep Sanchez as a backup, IF he could handle it.

I'd interview Westoff for HC... not saying he'd be the choice, but I would consider him if he were interested. I'd also interview our DC.

OK, so you think I'm over reacting... but from the moment we got Tebow I threw my hands up. I was going to the dark side before that, but Tebow? WTF. The players aren't a bunch of clowns, (Holmes excepted) but the CS and FO are clowns. I'm ready for yet another rebuild, the sooner the better.

2. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

seriously.... naw, can't be

3. MotownJet88

MotownJet88 Banned

fire tanny, woody needs to sell the team, rex and sanchez need to go. people need to be held accountable for the poor play and it starts with the top

4. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

We need to build this team around Tebow. :grin:

5. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

What would you do I we didn't have a better record that 80% of the AFC?

This team was going to be 4-4 after 8 games based on the schedule. The hope we all have is that they can find a rhythm in the second have and get to 9 or 10 wins.

Has that theory really changed??

6. jets12

jets12 Active Member

The Jets under this leadership will never be consistantly good. Tanny is a joke who threw his best friend, Mangini, under the bus to save his job. That shows you all you need to know about a person.

Bill Polin should be brought in right now to evaluate the team the rest of the year and hopefully he will hire a guy like Mike Leach as HC and go after the Steallers linebacker coach Keith Butler for his DC.

Rex has become such a joke and he still thinks he is cool. Even last week on stating why Revis was not put on IR he said so we can activate him for the Super Bowl. Rex, the only way you are getting to a Super Bowl is by buying a plane and game ticket.

You blew your chance when you let your team come out flat for the AFC Championship and play in a trance for more than a half in the biggerst game of their life.

Blow it up now Woody but of course you won't because you a lucky sperm club loser with no balls.

7. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I soured on Rex after foot gate too, that was absolutely the beginning of this clown show. Likeable guy or not, videotaping other men sniffing and kissing your wife's feet is not something the head coach of a football team can do and maintain that respect he needs. I mean his judgment is insanely bad too, the guy is frankly an idiot, and probably a cuckold if you believe the personal ads about men filling his wife's holes was legit. Somehow I don't see Lombardi doing this...

Rex took over a team loaded with talent, Revis, Faneca, Jenkins, Mangold, L. Washington and T Jones, probably the best O-line in football, harris, moore, da-brick. T-Jones was a top 5 rusher before Rex got here, our run defense was 7th in the NFL.

Since then we've seen Rex and Tanny deplete the team of veteran leadership and think garbage like John Conner could replace a guy like T Rich.

It's Rex's fourth year, this IS his baby, and it's an absolute mess, 31st in the NFL against the run averaging 172 yards given up A GAME! 21 st in total defense, 22nd in rushing averaging barely 3 ypc, and Rex and Tanny set out to build a GNP team and failed miserably at it. 26th in passing but Sanchez is awful not much you can do.

How Rex gets no blame for this mess of a team is beyond me.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Hahaha. We win next week and none of this bullshit matters.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

What kind of a loser mentality is that? You lok at your schedule before the season starts and hope for 4-4 because you conceded theres 4 teams better than you in the first half of the schedule? I suppose most of these teams are teams you would expect to make the playoffs right? So you'd expect to lose to them in the playoffs. So doesnt that tell you that we need to improve the team??

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I think this post points out that if given talent Rex can coach successfully. The names you listed were acquired by the same guy, Tanny, that most of us now believe no longer has an eye for talent.

The bigger question is who is actually picking the players? Did Mangini's input give Tanny the direction to go or was it solely Tanny's decision with limited input from Mangini? I have no idea. How much input does Rex have on Tanny's decision on drafts/FA signings?

Rex's foot fetish stuff didn't bother me personally, but I can see how other folks find it less than ideal for a head football coach doing silly stuff like that.

I saw Tanny in a different light after Hard knocks. I was very unimpressed with him stuttering, and generally talking like a dumb college kid on his first job-interview. Just my opinion.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Its just still way to early to making these kind of judgements. If we get more game like yesterday it ill be without a doubt time for a clean rebuild. As bad as yesterday was it still only counts as one loss,one loss vs the NFC does not kill a season.WIth that said I do really think this is a bad football team and we won't recover from that loss yesterday.

I think the most likely outcome come the offseason is we are looking for a new GM.If that is indeed the case,as much as I was rooting for Ryan to suceed here, if we are going to start doing things the right way we bring in a GM who gets to pick his coach, who gets to pick his staff and QB.

As for Sanchez,I was a supporter but the kid looks shot, his confidence is shattered and i don't see it as very likely that he can recover from it. I chalk it up to the FO and CS ruining a promising career and its a darn shame. I have never seen a team draft a high first round QB then do absolutley nothing to help him reach the level of play expected.

We need to bring in football people,I'd offer the keys to Cowher and let him bring his FO boys with him. One name I'm already sick of hearing about is Polian, I don't want him and especially his son anywhere near this team. I don't care that it took Cowher 14 years to win a SB, he is a great HC and would instantly bring the respect back to this organization

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this team has enough factual problems for fans to criticize and worry about, no need to completely make up issues with absolutely no basis in reality. fact is you don't know how players feel about his sexual escapades and whether that is a bigger issue with them over the fact that he then went out and upset a 14-2 team in the playoffs a few weeks later.

13. MotownJet88

MotownJet88 Banned

rex is a clown that writes checks his team cant cash, and he deserves as much if not more blame than anyone

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

We need a respectable running game for our passing attack to be effective.

I believed in ground 'n pound. I thought Greene could get it done taking the bulk of the carries and have Tebow, Powell, McKnight, and gannaway fill in where needed. I was wrong.

This offensive line is a box of rocks. Greene has blinders on and his hands are cement blocks. McKnight can't earn a job between his fumbaliatis and lack of endurance. I don't really know anything about Powell, but I'm willing to bet he is not a premiere back in the NFL. gannaway is on the practice squad?

Tebow is no brad smith when it comes to slick moves and speed out of the wild cat. Tebow is more of a slow rumbler bumbler and we have that area completely covered. Tebow is effective if the threat of pass is immediately imminent. We have him running offense similar to Navy, triple option, no real pass threat.

The loss of Revis absolutely crushes our defense. He was instrumental to our entire gameplan, by far the best, most dedicated player we have on our team. Based on the 49ers game, Wilson is going to get exposed bad.

Rex has to get over this obligation to the veterans crap. Coples makes things happen when he is on the field, keep him in the game. McIntyre, and Davis also need to be playing more.

I have absolutely zero respect for Santonio Holmes. I was so wrong when I thought we stole him from Pitt for a 5th, a 5th!! There is a long list of things I dislike about Holmes, but the fumble, injury to foot and hold knee was my final straw. send him to Oakland, far away from the Jets. Tanny's biggest mistake as our GM was giving Holmes Big guaranteed monies. Cotchery & Chrebet are worth 1,000,000+ Holmes'. Get this bum off my team.

I am excited about Kerley and Hill our future WR corps. I actually feel like they can be really good once we get the Oline sewn up. Keep Holmes and his negative attitude away from them.

Finally, Tanny, Rex and Sanchez are all on the hot seat. It's your show boys. You can either pull a miracle out of your ass and try to actually salvage this season (i dont know how) or we are going to witness one of the worst NY Jets seasons and I promise every Jets enthusiast will be calling for your heads as soon as we have lost 7 games.

Can't wait

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It used to be called gentrification. That happens when you tear down the old and rebuild with something with so much more value that what existed there before cannot exist there any longer.

This Jets house is the NFL's equivalent of a ghetto. Old mixed in with near-do-well new in some effort to preserve what was already there. There comes a time when things dictate a complete do over and that day is coming closer for Woody Johnson. He can either stay with the status quo and live with the empty seats, a lack of respect by his own fanbase and local media and a clownish approach to the NFL that produces mediocre results even by the most liberal of standards OR start over top to bottom. So far, I haven't seen that out of our esteemed franchise owner. That being the case, just like in other decades of Jet lore, I expect nothing from the Jets and probably will be neither surprised nor dissapointed.

16. HOI

HOI Active Member

I love the "this is how'd I draft" shit threads.

Do you really think its that fucking easy to find/draft talent? "I'd draft a QB DE RT RG"

Yea and they all might turn out to be dog shit. Then what?

I'm just as pissed as everyone but its a little early to think about blowing it up. Or thinking that you can draft players like its Madden.

#16 HOI, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  17. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

THIS POST MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE. EVERYONE SUCKS! FIRE, CUT, AND BENCH EVERY PLAYER AND COACH ON THE TEAM! THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THIS HOLE IS TO DO SOMETHING RASH AND ILLOGICAL. I SAY DRAFT 5 QB LOCK THEM IN THE ROOM WITH A RUSTY SPOON. WHO EVER IS ALIVE THE NEXT DAY IS OUR QB. :wink:

#17 Jon_Snow, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  18. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

FYI the Rams signed Gannaway off our practice squad

19. Professor

Professor Active Member

well said. Braylon too

20. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

This is true. How about drafting some talent to help the QBs we already have? I've seen too many teams focus on QB to the exclusion of all else. QBs can't win games without key players on the offense at least. We don't need to flitter around spending money on elusive 1st round QBs in the draft.

Maybe we need some college coaches who know how to use the players they already have to win games. After all, college teams have a new starting QB every 4 years - and 4 years seems to be the magic number bounced around the board.