What options at QB are there for '13?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayMike, Sep 30, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The problem I see is that no matter who we get at QB, I don't have faith in the GM and CS to place a successful team around him.

2. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Vince Young

Sign Vince Young and hope is has matured as a person after losing everything and being out of work. he has all the skills, just has an attitude problem.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Play McElroy now, see what he's got and then in the offseason the Jets can part ways with Sanchez (and Tebow) and look towards some veteran FA's as well as the draft for a replacement.

Veteran wise, maybe Jason Campbell. Maybe Rex Grossman (I know, I know), so likely you'd be looking toward the draft.

4. since83

since83 Member

Excellente! We don't have "Football People" in the front office. Rex is a good DC, head coach is taking him as long to catch up as Sanchez at QB. When we went to AFCCG's it was veterans that coached the team. Hardcore vets that led by example. What the jets consistantly do is display Tanny's financial talent rather than his football talent/judgement. This falls on Woody. If he truely wants a return on his investment, outshine the NYG's and build a winning franchise for years to come hire someone as HC/GM and give them full control of all football matters. And enough of these players coaches. We vneed a totalitarian dictator. Period.

5. endydee

endydee Active Member

I wonder if TJ Yates might be obtainable from Houston. He played pretty decently last year when Schaub went down.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sanchez will be our starting QB in 2013, but it will be wise to draft one early. I'd like to see if we can drop back in the first and get Tyler Bray or Landry Jones.

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

I can live with this!

On a side note, I'm very excited about Tannehill. We finally got a QB!

#67 deathstar, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  8. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

Stop with the AFCCG. I've heard enough of that bullshit.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Y
    Have you anything bad to say about his ability or is knocking his competition your only argument?

Let's not pretend he plays for Montclair State. He plays for WVU and plays against top college competition.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

True. I watched the post game show on SNY, too. It was as you say. Of course you could see those things in the game, too, but putting it all together made for a nice clip. The pass that was nearly picked off by who was it Bouchard? The db had the inside line, and where did Sanchez throw it? Inside.

Or the little curl out to right sideline to Holmes in the third quarter. Sanchez threw it at least 8 yards, more like ten, beyond Holmes.

The other thing was Mark's presser. OMG. In fairness, I don't know what he could have said, but he keeps saying the same shit over and over. I don't know if I can stand listening to him much longer.

#70 Big Blocker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hm. Here's the problem with now. How much has McElroy gotten to play with the first unit? I have never even heard of him taking any.

I remember the year the Jets had Chad and picked up Fiedler to be the backup. No Qb competition that year. Fiedler was pencilled in, and the third stringer was Brooks Bollinger. So Chad and Fiedler go down in the same game, and in comes Bollinger, who had virtually no practice, no preparation, for being the backup.

The Houston game is an almost certain loss. Rather than throw McElroy to the wolves, leave Sanchez in there and begin giving McElroy more reps in practice. After a couple more weeks of this nonsense, he may be better prepared to take over.

Ftr I am hardly predicting wonderful success from McElroy, but the Jet organization owes it to themselves to see what McElroy can do.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Sanchez is making way too much money to sit on the bench. If Tebow/McElroy outperformed Sanchez in practice, they'd still be his backups. Once QB has that big contract, he'll constantly get chances to prove himself.

I think Jets will be close to .500 but even if they finished with only 4-5 wins, Sanchez would still return as the game one starter next season.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

That's not even funny.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

In baseball this happens (see all the chances Jason Bay got with the Mets). In football it doesn't work that way. Shitty players sit- eventually.

Sanchez has more rope than a guy like McElroy would get, but eventually shit has to change. Either Sanchez plays better soon or he will be the next David Carr by the end of this season.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

again just being honest here...unless sanchez crashes with a epic fail run here he will return next season

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Dont kid yourself into thinking 4 games means that you have a qb. I could pull up 4 Sanchez playoff starts against good defenses and show you that he was great in a small sample size.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

they are not gonna vacate sanchez any time soon. the only way he isn't the QB is via injury. salary implications as well are at play here.

that being said we may be watching a modern day ken obrien situation unfold here. KOB was pummeled after putting together 2-3 good years and his talent/effectiveness eroded rather quickly thereafter.

18. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

Geno Smith. This is the dumbest thing ive heard in awhile

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I've about had it with Sanchez at QB but you basically downplaying those games isnt fair. He played great. He didnt make "a couple of plays" his performances in both AFC Championship games and the Patriots game were very strong, so what he had a great defense and rushing attack, he still played great in those games.

Sanchez was developing into a nice QB who had a knack for elevating his play in big games but it now seems he has been ruined by the coaching staff/organizaton.

20. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

These are the same guys that wanted to ride with Pennington when it was clear the guy was just done, they would cite his accuracy, leadership, and his 41-0 victory over Indy years ago. There's really no getting through to them.

Sanchez rode that defense and running game and managed the offense, he was still statistically one of the worst QB's in the league all those years.