Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Remarker

Remarker Banned

The biggest down side to putting Mark on the bench is NOT getting the first 1st round draft pick. If we want the first 1st round draft pick, keep Mark as the starter.

2. SKIBA-JONES

SKIBA-JONES New Member

USC qbs have a great track record dont they.

3. Concerned_Citizen

Concerned_Citizen New Member

Nooo... Don't do it. Don't start Tebow. As a Bronco fan, I can tell you right now, you may THINK you want Tebow in right now, but trust me, you don't.

You guys are in almost EXACTLY the same place we were a year ago. Tired of the incumbent, wanna see something new. What we got was new alright... probably the worst passer I had seen in a Broncos uniform.

If you like dirt missiles... Tebow is your guy. If you like floaters on a screen route hitting grandma and knocking her soda out of her hand... Tebow is your guy. If you like beanballs pitched at cheerleaders... Tebow is your guy.

I know some of you see a pretty good win loss record last year, but be honest, most of those games were within an earshot of him finally showing up with 5 minutes left because the rest of the defense bailed him out for the first 55 minutes. Otherwise, he was the three and out king, the prince on punting a lot. Down the stretch, he was good for a fumble per game, and a loss to a disarrayed Kansas City team who had fired his coach and was being quarterbacked by Kyle Orton of all people by a score of 7 to 3. That was during a game when the playoffs were still in doubt.

True, he didn't throw many interceptions, but you actually have to be able to hit the field for any worries there.

I'm telling you this now, because while you think there is nothing to lose by putting in Tebow... there is plenty. The most important one, The collective IQ of your fanbase may not recover from the Tim Tebow Kool-aid that our water supply was spiked with. We have people in Denver STILL insisting this team would be better off punting the ball away all day. They STILL think he single handedly bailed the team out with 5 minutes of play every game. When pointed out that the defense was holding teams to 10 - 13 points, they would say it was ALL due to inspiration from Tebow. Not because we were facing teams that also didn't have an offense. Not because the defense was finally getting used to the new scheme. Not because Von Miller took a few games to get into form. Not because Elvis Dumervil was coming off a season long injury and needed time to get back into the games. Nope, it was some mystical aura from the Timmy.

Meanwhile, Tebow gonna keep chucking the ball into the dirt, keep throwing passes BEHIND receivers leaving them exposed to get killed, and tucking it in and running the ball at the first HINT of trouble. ...and people are going to put the blame ANYWHERE BUT on Tim Tebow. It will be the fault of the coaching, and offensive line that can't block, or the fault of the recievers.

Trust me on this fellas, cuz I care... Tell the Jets to do the right thing regardign Tebow and immitate last years Denver Bronco offense after yet another three and out..... PUNT!!!! you'll be better for it in the long run. Some Bronco fans are STILL in rehab and I don't think they will ever recover.

#103 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So you think there would be a string of wins with Timmy at the helm, and the nightmare would start all over again?

And not a string of lopsided defeats, forever putting the "Tebow experiment" to bed?

5. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

First of all... HAHAHHHAHAHAA!

Secondly... wait... whut? The defense bailed Tim Tebow out against teams that had no offense? Huh?

You sound like an ex girlfriend who misses her boyfriend and calls up the new girlfriend to talk about how bad he was. Maybe, just maybe, you'll get him back. Let it go... you have Peyton Manning now. Tebow was so bad he breathed life into a terrible Broncos team with terrible coaches. Don't get too excited over beating the Raiders... they are terrible.

6. Concerned_Citizen

Not saying that at all, Bannon. You'll lose just as much with Tebow unless the defense can keep the other team down to about 10 - 16 points. Not sure how a guy that spends almost the entire game going three and out gets so much of the credit for winning when the guys on the other side of the ball are putting in 60 minutes.

7. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Man... please don't start this discussion up again! We have volumes of pages that you can search if you want to know everyone's viewpoints.

BTW, you should be thankful for Tebow rescuing your franchise last year. Not many 1-4 teams get to enjoy a division title and a playoff victory... one of the most exciting finishes of all time.

I've never seen people whine over winning so much. Who cares how it looks? The goal is to win, not to look good.

#107 Backup QB, Oct 1, 2012
  8. danangmarine68

danangmarine68 New Member

Please go back to Horse Tracks. In the two years that he was at Denver he did not get to work with the first string receivers. If you watched the games, when he was behind and leading those game winning drives, he reverted back to his college style of throwing.

Look since his last college game he has been told to correct his throwing motion or he won't make it to the pros. His work ethic made him try to comply with those that wanted his throwing motion corrected. However reprogramming muscle memory takes a long time with many many reps. Remember that he had been passing the same way from Pop Werner, through high school and all 4 years at Florida. A record of 9286 yds. 88 passing TDs and 15 int. for four years isn't too shabby. Add to that 2947 yds. rushing and 57 rushing TDs, and that's a pretty good record.

Just for grins Concerned_Citizen just what have you done that compares with that?

Semper Fi

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I'll bite, The Broncos were 7-24 in the 31 games before the QB change, they were also almost dead last in running game and ranked about 28th on defense.
    But you are right Tebow was not the only reason the Broncos completely turned around that abysmal record and ended 8-5 with a playoff win , obviously special teams and defense were a huge part.

BUT without Tebow the Broncos do not go 8-5 and into the playoffs , as Tebow is one of the 3 pieces that were necessary to get that accomplished (Quinn and Orton would not have had that success running the same offense) defense and special teams being the other two pieces.

Therefore Tebow deserves as much credit for the turn around as the defense and the kicking game and if not as much quite a bit (he was one of the 3 pieces) .

And who exactly is giving Tebow all this credit? I hear your side of the argument at least on a 10-1 ratio, no one gives Tebow hardly ANY credit you mean.
    Please do not confuse over coverage with credit. yes he is over covered but he is also ripped mercilessly during that over coverage.

10. Concerned_Citizen

Yep... most of the teams we played against had shitty offenses when the score was held to two scores at most. We weren't getting that kind of performance during the Orton or cutler era... they allowed an average of 28+ points per game. Insert Tebow on any of those teams, he'd be an afterthought right now just like any other 3rd string caliber passer.

Against the powerhouse Dolphins, we spotted them a whole game and they only had 15 points. Who kept them in a game when Tebow was throwing passes outside the stadium and into the parking lot?

We held the Chargers (who came in banged up and had lost 5 in a row) and didn't need a whole lot to beat them.

That was the theme all year. Props to Tebow for capitalizing on a few freakes of nature that had to happen for us to have a chance... like a RB running out of bounds leaving time for one more chance to tie the game... and then the same RB fumbling the ball in OT.

...or a timely pick six from Sanchez that brought us back in it after 3 points of offense in the first 3 quarters...

Any team with an offense rolled the Broncos. Green Bay and Detroit did it. Buffalo did it when Tebow threw a pick siz AND a fumble for six. The Patriots TWICE when he thought it was a good idea to keep punting the ball back to Brady all day.

Winning the way we were with Tebow just wasn't sustainable... unless you have the 2000 Baltimore Ravens as your defense. Most of those games were won by holding teams to 10 - 13 points. You mean to tell me Tebow is the only QB in the league who could have gotten us enough points?

It's okay Ivan. I'm here to help. Tebowmania is bad for ya!!!

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

He has accomplished appearing whiny, ungrateful, and jealous, all in his first post. :grin:

12. Concerned_Citizen

What you aren't getting with the record book of the 7-24 before and better after... is the defense gave up 28 points per game. Tebow averaged 17 points per game. What do YOU think his record would be with the horrid 28 points per game pace? He might have won ONE GAME.

13. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Oh, I'm sorry... I thought you were a concerned citizen, not a Tebow-basher.

You neglect to mention that Tebow threw for 191 yards in the 4th quarter of that Bears game. I would hardly say that Barber's mistake or the defense were the cause of that win.

"Any team with an offense rolled the Broncos"... LOL. Well doesn't that mean that the defense was not as good as you claim they were? Which one is it? Did you have an elite D or not? What good is it if the only games that the defense showed up were against bad offenses?

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Please go back to the Broncos forums. Tebow is no longer your problem.

15. Concerned_Citizen

*Salutes Marine*

I'm actually with you on the development. He didn't get as many reps with the starters.... cuz... he didn't earn the right to. That is the problem with Tebowmaniacs... they seem to think he should have been given the starting job as if it was his birth right.

Yet when he started camp a year ago, it was obvious to pretty much everyone outside of Tebowmania that he wasn't anywhere even close to a competent NFL passer. Sure he brought other stuff, but in case you haven't noticed... passing is pretty important in the NFL, wouldn't you agree. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and looked a lot like he did during your preseason.

So tell me, what NFL coach ANYWHERE in the league would have staked his reputation on the guy who couldn't throw in this league? None unless the guys better than him played themselves out of a job.

Even his coach in college said it would be a three year project to get his passing up to NFL par. Yet people wanted to throw him in there as if it was his birth right. Some good things happened, but the secret is out that he can't hit the broad side of a barn. we went 1-4 down the stretch because teams figured him out. Pittsburgh took it a bit too far and got burnt, but for the most part, it was obvious during the last 5 or 6 games that the run option wasn't going to work as our bread and butter.

Not impressed with his college numbers. He had a pretty stacked team playing against most around him in Florida. 10 of his offensive players went to the NFL. Most players he played against are preobably selling insurance right now. Came nowhere near those numbers in the NFL. 47% CAREER pass completion percentage tells me he's having a lot of problems there and hasn't improved ANY since the day he was drafted. Saw him in preseaso... even you have to be somewhat worried about it.

You'll catch on when and if Tebow gets the start.

#115 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 1, 2012
  16. Concerned_Citizen

Are you a groupie?

Never said the Broncos defense was average at best. It pretty much was the case all year. Just explaining how we got a win streak with an average defense and a novelty at QB. Had a pretty favorable schedule...

Pretty obvious to anyone ACTUALLY watching those games which side of the team did the heavy lifting during the win streak. Why did Tebow get all the credit? cuz he moved the ball when most teams went into the prevent and quit going after him?

...but DO tell. How did Tebow salvage the season by himself by punting all day?

#116 Concerned_Citizen, Oct 1, 2012
  17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Someone put a pillow over its face and smother it.

18. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow played well in the last three games of 2010 as a rookie, thus earning the starting spot. The problems for the Broncos in 2011 started when the Orton deals fell through and you were stuck with him. Then, Fox said Orton was the "best chance to win". Well, 5 games later at 1-4 insert Tebow and you win the division and a playoff game.

BTW, weak argument on Tebow not earning the starting job. Many QBs are given the starting job. Some even get to keep the job unchallenged regardless of poor performance.

19. Concerned_Citizen

wow.... Tebow fans ran out of arguments already and just break out the insults....

PUNT!!!

Just like the Tebow run offense...

20. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm done feeding the troll.