Start Tebow against Houston

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by BillyGreen, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Ted

Ted Member

Did you consider the chaos this would create, not only in the media, but in the locker room as well? And what if Tebow did play well, what next?

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

The optimistic side of me says we will be beat up yet again, only this time it'll be on national t.v. for the whole country to see.

I just can't see us righting things in a week and a day to compete against such a strong Texans team. If you know me as a poster, I'm generally never as pessimistic as I have been, but man, nothing is going right, what's the point in trying to sugar coat any of it?

3. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is what all of us Jets fans that wanted nothing to do with Tebow were dreading. If Tebow starts, the Jets are done, Sanchez is done, and this team has NO future. Tebow is not an NFL QB and 4-5 of his wins last year had more to do with the other team completely messing up than Tebow. Every GM in the league knows Tebow is not an NFL QB. So then what happens next week if Tebow bombs against Houston and what happens next year when it becomes obvious he is not the answer?

The Jets problems have so much more to do with issues other than the QB, but most fans and the media are too ignorant to realize that or just want to see Tebow QB the team for entertainment purposes, future of the franchise be damned.

4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sad Sack is done. It cruel still having him in there as the starter.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Honestly, do you believe what you just wrote? Sanchez has been done for a while now. WOW.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree pretty much with everything in this post.

I dont want tebow to start because if he has even some success there is a risk that we go with him as our QB, and I do not think he has the skills to ever be a successful NFL quality QB in the long term.

Short term misery, clearing house and starting over would be better than medium term mediocrity.

7. G-man

G-man New Member

If you think Sanchez is inaccurate be prepared to see the king of inaccuracy. Oh, he can scramble and make some plays, which is why he makes plays at the end of the 4th quarter but you can't play offense like that the whole game.

I say get Tebow in there so we can put to rest he is the answer.

8. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Spock would never have traded for tebow in the first place because there was nothing logical about that move.

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Would you accept that if the Jets win the game ? This is a real question, I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

Last year , in the Broncos forum, after 6 straight wins you still had fans saying they would rather lose than have Tebow in.

10. Remarker

Remarker Banned

What do you think they said in Denver? The results lost Denver the first 1st round draft pick to Elways displeasure.

It seems to me that the Jets need to decide if they want the first 1st round draft pick by not playing Tim or play Tim and possibly get some wins, sell seats and mdse., have exciting games, and get loads of media attention (free publicity).
    Before the season is entirely lost, I think it's time for Woody to read Rex the riot act (Woody wanted Tim, Rex didn't).

#70 Remarker, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the starter, he is under contract, and will not see the bench. Tebow starting a game would basically be the Jets giving up.

They are 2-2 (2-0 in the AFC East). The defense can't tackle and is allowing 170 yards a game on the ground. That has to get fixed. Keller has to get back on the field. Powell needs to be at RB because the oline has been average run blocking and Greene doesn't have the ability to run behind that line.

Hell Giants are 2-2 but 0-2 in the NFC East...they are in a horrible position.

Who here had the jets better than 4-4 after 8 games? Wins against Buffalo, Miami x2, and Indy. That is 4-4 (3-1 in the AFC East)...i think most if not all of the board had that as a best case scenario unless they gut lucky and stole one from Pitt, Hou, SF, or NE. Yeah the loss was ugly, but it was a horrible 2nd half of football and overall what most of us expected - a loss.

12. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you but what the fuck? How much worse can it really get? How many more sub 50% completion games does Sanchez get before he is benched for good? That being said, we all know Tebow is not the answer. He is capable of giving the team a spark and perhaps pulling out a few gutsy wins but he is clearly not a starting caliber NFL QB.

The sad thing is, I could see Sanchez going to another team - perhaps a West Coast team like Seattle and playing at a decent level. I just don't think it's ever going to happen here. The kid's confidence is shot, he has lost his teammates and lost the fans. In his Defense, the NYJ's set him up to fail this year. No O-Line, No running game, no WR's and a QB controversy waiting to happen with Tebow on the bench. Nice job Tannenbaum.

13. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

Win or lose, I just want Jets to play some decent football games. Not something like a piece of trash everyone can kick down the street.
    Tebow was a very effective and accurate passer before he was forced to twist his mechanism. I wish he can show his passing ability again before it's too late.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The repeat lackluster performances by Sanchez merits a change at QB. Sanchez is just not getting his job done, no more excuses. We have to move the chains and put points on the board. #6 has proven he is unable to achieve this.

It's crazy listening to him at post game presser. "We just need to work harder" bullshit. How about throw passes to open receivers? How about make intelligent reads and adjust at the line of scrimmage? How about finishing a collective offensive series? How about passing to your playmakers, Kerley? Spread the ball around, complete perfectly setup HB screen?

#6, your opportunities are fast closing here in New York.

Disgusting.

#74 JetsVilma28, Oct 1, 2012
  15. endydee

endydee Active Member

I agree that he has limited talent around him, but what I do expect of Sanchez regardless of his options is to play smart and hit his open receivers. Even when he has had time to throw he has has overthrown, underthrown, and poorly thrown way too much. I know Tebow has the same issues, so that is why I would like to see what McElroy can bring. The kid won a national championship, and although I have only seen him a few times he looked pretty composed. A lot more than I am seeing from Sanchez.

On an aside, McElroy went to Alabama, and the Jets have had success with Alabama quarterbacks. Do the names Joe Namath, and Richard Todd ring a bell? Not that that has any real bearing on anything, but it is an interesting fact when it comes to the few Jets successful years in their history.

#75 endydee, Oct 1, 2012
  16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^ McElroy has a tremendously weak arm and looks like midget in the huddle, but at this point I think a trash can has a better shot of effectively running the offensive game plan than #6.

17. Sweet P

Sweet P Banned

You watch.....Sanchez will get plenty of time to pass. He just won't make the passes. Running game will be average......We just don't have the talent to beat Houston but it won't be a blowout. Just my opinion.

18. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

I am about 2 more bad games before I'm done with Sanchez. I really want to let him play this out. If not for nothing, so this debacle can be over with. I'm so tired of watching other NFL games on Sunday and wonder why my QB is incapable of making the throws they can. You know, like a screen pass.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If Mark is going to only complete 40% of his passes and commit dumb turnovers then we might as well start Tebow. Tebow can complete 40% of his passes too and at least commits less turnovers.

Tebow in his 16 nfl starts has 3700 yards of offense. Sanchez is on pace for 3200.

20. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Because they knew the success wouldn't be LONG TERM. That's why Tebow is not a Bronco anymore and they replaced him. If they truly saw him as a long term piece and someone they could build around he'd be starting over there still. I don't see him becoming a long term piece here.

The fact of the matter is that the fans of this team and the media want this team just to keep putting bandaids on problems instead of addressing them. We're only 2-2 right now, but in the event that Sanchez can't improve his play (which seems likely since he has no NFL caliber starting receivers) we need to maybe look into rebuilding this team through the draft.