Silver Lining Maybe?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 30, 2012.

1. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

While this is in no way good for the Jets as a team. The fact that the Patriots hung 31 on the Bills in the 4th quarter today. Thanks to this board I hate the Bills almost as much as I hate the Patriots:) From the Jet game the only thing I saw is Kerley playing hard and Couples looking good on a few plays.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

The problem isn't the old players like Pace, Scott, Thomas, etc. It's the fact that the Jets aren't figuring out how to incorporate the young guys as well as the vets. Rex is loyal to a fault to these older guys when it's to the betterment of the team that the young guys get some snaps.

Coples should be getting more playing time over DeVito, and Demario Davis should be incorporated and rotated between Harris and Scott.

Maybin needs some more reps, he's always a threat to make a play at the QB or in the run game (much improvement in that department)

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

it's the NFL no team is ever completely healthy...

4. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

yes the HEAD COACH has nothing to do with making players better...

5. G-man

G-man New Member

Too many people are listening to Rex's BS on player evaluations. When we draft them, he deems them starters immediately. Exhibition games start and most quotes on players are how wonderful they are and what a great team he has. By trying to build players up he creates expectations most will never reach. My all time favorite BS player hype has to be the "best back-up right tackle in the league", Wayne Hunter. We need better player evaluations. Stop treating most draft picks like they are untouchable. We shouldn't need to wait several years to call Gholston a bust. Does anybody think they could trade Kyle Wilson for a first today? a second?, a third? What would the first round Sanchez get you with 4 years experience? a first?

6. G-man

G-man New Member

I think the young guys aren't ready. Rex has overhnyped them so we think they could step in and play. The old guts are just to slow. The problem is we haven't developed replacements over the years. An when we do develop good back-ups, MrT refuses to pay them. He likes no middle class. Be nice to have Leon Washington, Brad Smith, etc. back.