FinHeaven - "Jets Had Bounty on Reggie"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Gotta love these guys, saying the Jets had a bounty on Reggie. Saying Calvin said the Jets were trying to take them out of the game and Rex saying they wanted to put hot sauce on Reggie. This is part of the NFL. If people think teams don't try and knock players out of games they are delusional. Guess Dolphin fans missed the idea of a bounty entailing payment.

The then classless and bitter Dolphin fans are laughing at Revis tearing his ACL.

Gotta love the class down in South Florida.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bounty is the new trigger word lol. Oh they tried to hit him hard they have a bounty!! I don't blame them though they are just upset that they lost the sweat bowl. I hope for once we sweep Miami they are seriously the most irritating team and fans.

3. NYJet87

NYJet87 Member

The only thing that gives this theory any legs is Calvin Pace being a complete moron and insinuating that they were attempting to knock him out. Without him using a very poor choice of words, there wasn't even a questionable hit.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

even still, it doesn't even close to suggest bounty..

teams try to knock players out of games every week, on every field in the NFL, except for maybe Saints games now.

and FWIW, Reggie was knocked out because he banged his knee on a helmet.

5. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

Of course the Jets were trying to knock Bush out of the game. It's the NFL.

But they didn't take any cheap shots at him, and (as far as anyone knows) they didn't offer a financial reward for taking him out, so Dolphins fans need to shut the fuck up and go back to dreaming of the Gunner Kiel era.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Only homer Jets fans can listen to Pace's comments have zero thoughts defense might have purposely try to injure.

Do I believe the play was dirty? Nope. Do I think the Jets tried to purposely eliminate him from the game? Nope. However, Pace is a damn tool for making such idiotic comments. Any neutral sports fan would raise their eyebrows in suspicion ... so it makes absolute sense Dolphins fans would be pissed.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Pace is stupid but injuries happen. How can you get mad at the Jets and call bounty when nothing dirty ever happened. I think Pace is just an idiot and trying to give his D credit for knocking bush out of the game like they planned it. More ignorant than anything.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Finheaven is a forum full of idiots, who cares what they think?

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Before Pace's comments I doubt anyone would think Jets D purposely knocked him out of the game. But you see there's consequences to making ignorant/stupid comments. In this scenario, those consequences should involve drawing attention from fans & NFL officials.

We started this season with Bounty Scandal so it makes sense everyone is now on high alert for this type of behavior. Before the replacement ref drama it was impossible to listen/watch football for any length of time in the offseason/draft without hearing about the Saints Bounty System.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

On Finheaven, to feel better about themselves they allow you to like/approve someone's comment.

Tells you where they are as a message board.

12. Static

Static New Member

I didn't see anything that suggested the jets were doing anything dirty to take out Reggie. He's always been a injury risk.

13. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Pace said the Jets had to “put him on out” about Bush, who injured his knee in the second quarter. Pace said he never meant for that to be interpreted as the Jets trying to intentionally knock him out of the game.

“I wasn’t trying to say it as we were trying to hurt him,” Pace said. “I’m sad to see him get hurt. We aren’t running any kind of bounty system or anything like that. Looking at the play, somebody just fell on his knee. It wasn’t anything malicious.”

Pace said what he meant was the Jets defense had to keep hitting Bush to wear him down after he had gained 61 yards on his first 10 carries.

Bush is injury prone. Thats all there is to it. Hate on Pace for wording his thoughts poorly but its obvious nothing malicious was done. Its a non story.

15. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

since their dolphin fans it means there retarded so i dont expect anything less

16. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

That site is hilarious lol. Everything that goes wrong in the NFL is a conspiracy against the Dolphins according to them.

17. Combustible Rextible

Meh, non-story. Take the division win and move on. Besides, fish fans can't even fill their own stadium in Miami.

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

He did word it in a stupid way but what he's talking about is just normal NFL. What did 'Phins fans expect? That they were going to carry him into the endzone on a giant pillow? No, they are going to hit him over and over to wear him down, maybe force him to miss a few downs on the sidelines because he's worn out from getting hit. Happens all the time.

But, yes, the wording he used could be interpreted as they were intentionally trying to injure him. However, actions speak louder than words and their actions definitely did not indicate they were just trying to injure him. Case closed.

19. NewYorkEveryThing

Could not have said it better.

20. JetCity17

JetCity17 New Member

Dade County residents have always been delusion.