Tebow Time

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jesterjetman, Sep 24, 2012.

1. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

Please, no more Tebow. If he is the "team player" they say he is he will remain on the bench for the rest of the season and try to pick up with another team next year. He has shown zero for us. I was hoping he would become a TE but I think it will take too much time for him to learn the position. Perhaps he can play FB but other than that I hope Rex gives up on the whole Tebowcat idea.

2. Section316

Section316 Active Member

So we lose our best cornerback and the solution is to save the season by downgrading the quarterback? Right.

3. chadedward

chadedward New Member

Maybe Tebow can start CB.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Completely on board with your here. Tebow should've remained on the bench the whole time. Instead they sent this mediocrity on the field into 2nd & goal from 2 yards and next play Sanchez had to come back in & try to clean up the shitty QB's mess.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Everyone on this forum along with Tebow hasn't started a game for the Jets so we're all undefeated lol I was being facetious in saying that but the point of my post stays the same. We might as well try Tebow out at QB for a few games as this season is not going anywhere. The only way to know if Tebow can be a winning QB for us is if he's on the field. He needs a shot.

6. JetsNation06

And how did Sanchez do at cleaning up that mess? He f*cked it up ten times worse with an awful INT in the end zone.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

On a serious note... Let me try to summarize what you're saying.
    1. You know Tebow is not a good QB.
    2. You know that during his time at NYJ he did absolutely nothing to show his usefulness.
    3. You can not make an argument that TT is better than MS. This is even when MS had a pretty bad game.

Yet, you advocate for TT to start. Basically, your wish is: I don't like MS so even though TT is crap, we should try him.

In the process you choose to ignore that Jets are 2-1 with two divisional wins and that Mark was the one who made the comeback against Fins possible.

So, my question to you is this: are you on drugs, completely dumb, or temporarily demented?

8. Potzer

Potzer New Member

^^ The only answer for this, is that it worked for the hapless bronco's. /snicker

9. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Soon....real soon. Sanchez needs to get his head in the game, hes more gifted and can make all the throws....but...

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Broncos were 1-4 when TT was given a shot. NYJ are 2-1
    /finger

11. JetsNation06

Stick to summarizing your own work because you have no comprehension skills whatsoever if that's what you took from my post. It was very straight forward and there were no hidden meanings like you assumed incorrectly.

If you read my post I said that the Jets season isn't going anywhere so give Tebow a shot. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking players. I'll leave that kind of non-essential football talk to you.

Just watch Sanchez and ask yourself does he give us the best shot to win? Every football insider knows Sanchez is a joke of a QB and they're surprised when some idiot Jets fans actually back him.

Mark made the comeback possible? What kind of sh*t you smoking bro? Must be damn good. More like he almost blew the game for us with two picks, one absolutely awful pick where we should have had easy points that would have been the difference in the game in regulation.

Try Miami made the comeback possible by missing two very makeable FG's.

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Take note, this thread was not started by the Tebowmania regulars or known Tebots. I'll tell you what, if the Jets didn't escape with that lucky win yesterday, the QB controversy would have exploded today.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No it was just started by one idiot. With just one other idiot to agree with him.

The majority of people recognize that downgrading at the QB position in response to losing your best defensive player is about the dumbest idea ever proposed.

Also, funny how you are quick to call yesterday's win an "escape" and "lucky" when if the game played out exactly the same way, except with Tebow starting - it would be called a "great comeback" by you and your buddies and we'd have to hear how he's just a "winner."

The majority of Tebow's wins looked exactly like Sanchez's win yesterday. Play like shit all game, catch a few lucky breaks- then win it in the end. If the Jets were lucky to escape with a win yesterday, how do you view that Broncos win vs. the Chargers last year (eerily similar game) vs. Bears last year? Vs. the Jets?

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It didn't seem like a magical comeback. I don't see anyone in the media reporting on it as such. Sanchez isn't a new starter taking over the team after a 1-4 start either... they are supposed to beat Miami and look like a good team doing it.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes - it didn't seem like a magical comeback, because it wasn't. Neither were Tebows. They just seem magical to you because you are in love with him, because some people in the media love to make it out to be.

Your media line is exactly my point. Mark Sanchez is treated like every other QB in the league and has most everyone in the media circles calling it like they see it. With Tebow you had people calling it like they see it and others playing it up as "magical" because it sold papers to loverboys like you.

You are right, Mark Sanchez isn't taking over a 1-4 team, but he also has proven he can win consistently without luck like that, something Tebow hasn't.

16. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

:lol::lol::lol:

You're the one who brought up his name. I was talking about Sanchez. But since you insist on talking about Tebow, his comebacks were usually from big deficits. Granted, he looked bad for the first three quarters usually, but I'll chalk that up to bad game planning most of the time. When they unleashed Tebow and let him do his thing, the results were usually very positive. That's when you saw the "magical" 15 point comebacks and such.

17. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

FWIW (Humor): There is an internet article out earlier today: "How Tim Tebow can save the Jets". :rofl2: Any search engine is your friend. As usual, your mileage may vary.

New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis suffered an injury to his left knee on Sunday, and an MRI revealed he tore his anterior cruciate ligament. New York is in trouble.

But one solution has risen above the others on Twitter. You can find it with this search: "Tebow Cornerback."

Yes, Tim Tebow will have to save the Jets. Here are five (totally reasonable and not silly at all) ways Tebow can fix things in New York:

1. Say hello to Tim Tebow, shutdown cornerback.

Tebow has already proved this week he can deflect a pass headed in his general direction.

2. Jets *always* run fake punt with Tebow

New York ran Tim Tebow for a fake-punt first down on Sunday and it worked because he is Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow!

This strategy could pay off BIG with the Jets never again having to play defense. And New York won't miss Revis much if it never has to play defense.

3. Tim Tebow takes his shirt off

Trust us. When Tim Tebow takes his shirt off, the world pays attention. When the world pays attention, that's when the Tebow Time magic happens. What's that? Touchdown, Jets!

4. "Hey, Bubba? Hi, it's new friend Tim."
    Did you know that Tim Tebow and Bubba Watson are best friends? Well, they practically are. And Watson went to Georgia, so he probably knows some football players ... and maybe some of those football players are cornerbacks ... and the Jets need -- well, you see where I'm going with this. (To be clear: Bubba Watson somehow gets those football players to play for the Jets. I haven't thought this the whole way through.)

5. Tim Tebow stands for hope.
    Even if Tebow can't save the Jets, he can still bring meaning to the season.

This Promise sound familiar?

To the fans and everybody in Jets Nation, I'm sorry. I'm extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something New York has never done here. I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season.

You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. Good bless.

Please do NOT shoot the messenger. Thank you, thank you very much. :)

18. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

except for the whole get the first down on the fake punt thing that extended the drive that got the first score in what ultimately was an overtime game (and you needed every point) but besides that he had zero contribution.

I do agree that the Sprano -cat has to go since he does not have the brain power to implement it.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Actually look at the stats. Sanchez has a winning regular season record and playoff record with the Jets. How is Sanchez then not a winner?

Also, SAnchez has completed more passes to his team than the other team so he actually completes a lot of passes to his own teammates. In fact Tone caught 9 passes in the last game which is more than how many catches defenders have on Sanchez this year.

Want to use facts, or something?

20. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Its great all the shots that are being taken at him.

That son of a bitch Tebow is a real bastard taking care of all those sick children and trying to help his team win while being an unselfish team mate and taking massive heat from the media .....he has it coming the fucker!