Silver Lining Jets vs Dolphins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DimsAllmighty, Sep 23, 2012.

1. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

- A win is a win. Yeah it gave a heart attack, the offense (especially Sanchez) made me want to chuck a remote at the television, and we are still giving up way too many yards on running play including missed tackles but in the end we are 2-0 in the division and 2-1 overall ahead of the AFC East.

-Bilal Powell played with some passion. Besides that dropped pass he played well today and gave us a viable option for a receiver out of the backfield. Today's performance leads me to believe that he should be our starting running back. Greene looked better at the end of the game when spliting snaps w/ Powell.

-Holmes played well today. Love him or hate him you cannot deny he made those catches when it counted and drew some flags. I still don't believe that Holmes is a #1 receiver, but at the moment he is our biggest play maker on offense and needs to be utilized like he was today.

Next week is going to be tough. San Fransisco didn't look good today, but I'm sure they will be hungry for a win next week. Vikings showed that with a good running attack, getting to the quarterback, and a passing game that SF was beatable. I've been kinda disappointed not seeing Coples in the game that often but we need to get to the quarterback next week and I think he needs to be unleashed. We have to start tackling better because if we don't Gore will torch us. Hopefully Keller will be back because he will help the passing attack and open up other opportunities for the receivers.

I'm really afraid that Vernon Davis could kill our linebackers, he been playing very well and stopping him will be key in our success defensively. Bilal needs to start and Wildcat should be used to mix it up. In the end it will come down to Sanchez performance. Can he actually step up and make smart decision? It will be interesting to see, but I think SF is a more complete team overall especially with the loss of Revis. If the Jets win I will be ecstatic, but I don't see us winning this one. Only time will tell

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Punter looked good.

3. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

The Vikings did things the Jets can't do.

Run the ball.

No game changing turnovers.

Get to the QB.

4. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Yeah this team is dying for a good running attack like we had in 2009/2010. Still Laron's pick six was game changing and the other turnover could have been big if the offense didn't screw it up.

#4 DimsAllmighty, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. laxin

laxin Active Member

When Revis tears his ACL, there is no silver lining.

6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Other guys have to step up.

The 49ers are a real measuring stick to see where we really at

7. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

The only silver lining for me, is that I picked the JETS instead of the 49ers or saints in my survivor pool. Down to 1900 from 15,500 in 3 weeks. Shit is crazy.

8. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Hate to be a downer but San Fran does everything Pittsburgh does, and they do it better than Pittsburgh. Defense gets to QB, covers well and stuffs run. They can run effectively and can stretch the field on O.

Why am I to think that the result will be even the same, if not worse, than the Steelers game? I'll hope nonetheless, but I wouldn't expect anything.

9. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

It's worse when you see no namers that fill in do 10000000000000000x better than our RB's. :sad:

10. floridajet

floridajet Member

Silver lining is we are in first place in the AFC East.

Also, Bill B. just got caught assaulting a ref....