Official: Revis Out for season, torn ACL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RunLeonRun, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

What move? We are three weeks into the season. Who is not on a roster now that is worth having???? Who in the NFL is going to trade a good CB. There are no moves. This is not baseball. You have to be a Yankee fan to make a comment like that.

2. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

If our offense plays as poorly as they did today, who cares? Today wasa very poor outing!

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

im a yankees fan and i just literally laughed out loud

4. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

San Fran just lost to Minnesota

Hey if Minnesota can beat them in Minnesota why can't we beat them in our own house too?

I like San Fran's defense, but their offense doesn't scare me. Wouldn't be suprised to see the Jets rack up another win next week no matter what everyone thinks after this win today.

5. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Where was Bart Scott when Revis was injured?

6. weflyhigh

weflyhigh Member

Revis is really a luxury and a handicap to our team. There are successful teams without a shut down corner.

Good teams know how to beat our defense in the air attack even if revis shuttjng down one side of the field.

If Rex can't scheme and have the D playing good without Revis then he should be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

If Revis is out for the season, the season is over. We might as well just hope for a top five pick at that point.

Once Revis came out, our defense wasn't atrocious, but remember we were facing one of the worst offenses in the NFL without its only real weapon(Bush). Imagine what would happen against New England without Revis. We saw last week what it looked like without Revis. We couldn't get off the field on third down and we have no depth at CB.

This potential injury will make or break our season. If he is done for the season, this team is done for the season. No chance that this team can win consistently without him. Just like Green Bay would not be pretty bad without Rodgers.

8. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Revis walked to team bus after game dragging his luggage.. no crutches. Photo posted on Twitter. Kimjones account

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Revis' knee deserves far better than dumb fuck, meaningless cliches.

10. Banjo

Banjo Banned

We ain't winning no division, no playoff games, and definitely no Super Bowl without Revis. Time to tank

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Pouncy should have been kneecapped by a LB after going at a CBs knees.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Not when. After.mwhy is Pouncey not crippled...

13. chadedward

chadedward New Member

Couldn't have put it better.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

what we should do if Revis is done for the season is tank, and with the #1 pick drat the best CB in the draft and trade Revis.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Fine?

Look, I like the kid but enough of the continual giving KW a pass without taking a 2nd look at his back-to-the-ball "chasing" technique, especially in certain 3rd-and-long situations:

3rd and 10: KW's man is running right at him....KW remains slowly drifting backwards until his man's literally alongside him before he decides to finally turn and CHASE him, of course with his back to the QB...forget about breaking on the ball, KW at that point is left to reading the WR's eyes and hopefully getting away with a semi-face guarding or hand-fighting deflection. Again, I like the kid, but this 'chaser' technique especially on THIRD AND TEN (keep it in front of you!) drives me eff'in nuts.

SIDEBAR: while posting this, I'm watching Santonio Holmes in the midst of his post-game press conference. While the guy's a pain in the ass loon, he beautifully and summarily dismissed some troll's pot-stirring question with "next question.." and overall, Holmes handled himself with surprising poise and restraint, giving a lot of "TEAM, not just one guy" type answers and overall, I thought he did a solid job behind the mic....Fatcessa would even have a hard time purposely spin-doctoring Tone's comments.

16. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

'FFFFUUUUUUUUUU' dge... do the kid from Christmas Story in your head.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I don't watch baseball. The last time I checked, the trade deadline didn't end during week 3.

18. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

Seaon's over. The whole scheme is built around the best defensive plaer in the league. It is over. Anyone who doesn't think this season is over, time to face the facts. It's over.

19. NewYorkEveryThing

We need this guy healthy and just the fact that he wants a new contract.He may sit out even if it is not ACL.But forget next week or the week after.He is not gonna risk it.Damn it.Always something.He is that impact player that shuts down top WR.Its gonna be scary when a QB with a top WR takes advantage of our CBs.I am Gonna pray for revis tonight.

20. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I feared the exact same thing during that play. I hope its not true since it hasnt been 100% confirmed yet. Either way, he'll be out for a good amount of time.